The Man in the High Castle on Amazon Prime

I do find it interesting that the one field OTL is expressly ahead in is atomic weapons. The Germans clearly have nothing compared to the hydrogen bomb by their 1962, although we can assume their delivery systems are superior to OTL's given their civilian rocket planes.

something something Jewish science

Just finished Season 2, wow! So many questions ... but it seems to me that the timeline Tagomi was in was the one we live in and the film he brought back was a test undertaken by America.

Also, who is going to be the new Fuhrer? Himmler? It's interesting that the show makes Himmler seen like an upstanding and understandering guy (I.e the bombing of Tokyo scene).

Can't wait for season3!

Just wondering, but if people from that timeline can enter ours, can people from our timeline enter theirs? It could make for an interesting plot.

I tried to get into this show a while back but I just couldn't deal with the poor research. I tried really hard to give it the benefit of the doubt for the first season, but having spent time in Germany and having quite extensive knowledge about Nazi Germany and WW2 I just found the inconsistencies unbearable and found myself annoyedly grunting at my screen every other minute - there's suspension of disbelief & poetic licence, and then there's shoddy research and glaring background holes.

I then thought watching S1 again from the top (this was before S2 came out), having already seen and thus processed the problems with the setting and plot, I may have an easier time enjoying it. And then I noticed something I had missed in the very first episode: "Großes Deutsch Reich". Like, just flipping call a German speaker for five seconds before you embarrass yourself like that.

So, having said that - anyone who is similarly knowledgeable and nitpicky about Nazi Germany and WW2...does it get any better in season 2, or should I continue to not bother with it?

I tried to get into this show a while back but I just couldn't deal with the poor research. I tried really hard to give it the benefit of the doubt for the first season, but having spent time in Germany and having quite extensive knowledge about Nazi Germany and WW2 I just found the inconsistencies unbearable and found myself annoyedly grunting at my screen every other minute - there's suspension of disbelief & poetic licence, and then there's shoddy research and glaring background holes.

I then thought watching S1 again from the top (this was before S2 came out), having already seen and thus processed the problems with the setting and plot, I may have an easier time enjoying it. And then I noticed something I had missed in the very first episode: "Großes Deutsch Reich". Like, just flipping call a German speaker for five seconds before you embarrass yourself like that.

So, having said that - anyone who is similarly knowledgeable and nitpicky about Nazi Germany and WW2...does it get any better in season 2, or should I continue to not bother with it?
You could give us examples.

Just saw a sneak peek of the third season. Didn't show to much, but it looks like they are getting into the traveling between universes. I saw the sneak peek on Facebook.

The Man in the High Castle season 3 doesn't have a confirmed release date as of yet, but rumour has it that it will arrive in early 2018. The show began filming in the last week of June according to recent tweet from Joel de la Fuente, who plays Inspector Kido on the show, so this schedule seems to confirm a winter release.