The M-BAM Main Thread

Ok a compromise to that sketchy is that we setup a team that will do that alone. While my detailing people work on the countries that are ready to be worked on. They can be called the base map team.

Where can one find a detailed map that's in the Robinson projection? That would be necessary for this project.

DRC and Cabinda:

15sduny.png

Because the provinces have only recently changed, I cannot find current information about the secondary-level divisions.

São Tomé and Príncipe (with African coastline to line up against):

KvbefjT.png

Last edited:

Chicxulub

Banned
DRC and Cabinda:

uefa6UF.png

Because the provinces have only recently changed, I cannot find current information about the secondary-level divisions.

São Tomé and Príncipe (with African coastline to line up against):

KvbefjT.png

Great work, I shall add it to the full map.

Chicxulub

Banned
The south border of the DRC was wrong, so I edited the post with the corrected border (just some double pixels).

EDIT: Oh, and your signature has the tags in the wrong place, so it's currently not going anywhere.[/QUOTE]

Both have been fixed.

I propose we hold off on second level borders until the international and first level borders are done for each region.

I would agree... What would I need to do or, rather, how do I provide appropriate borders for this MBAM project? Compare them with some website? Because I could imagine to help with at least Germany...

I would agree... What would I need to do or, rather, how do I provide appropriate borders for this MBAM project? Compare them with some website? Because I could imagine to help with at least Germany...

I don't know how everyone else does it. I take a section of the Qbam, expand it by 300% (thus making each old pixel nine new pixels in a 3x3 grid), and then manually replace the old borders with new ones, looking at Google Maps for any border nuances that need to be added.

I don't know how everyone else does it. I take a section of the Qbam, expand it by 300% (thus making each old pixel nine new pixels in a 3x3 grid), and then manually replace the old borders with new ones, looking at Google Maps for any border nuances that need to be added.

Again, I'm not sure if Google Maps is the right tool for this, since it's a totally different projection.

Again, I'm not sure if Google Maps is the right tool for this, since it's a totally different projection.

True. But as long as you mentally correct for that, you should be okay.

You can usually get a good feel of the scale of the stretching and skew by comparing the original QBAM outline to the Google Maps outline.

Not sure what alternatives there would be to this method.

Here's my current progress. Shows the results of my method in action.

Orkney islands were probably the trickiest part. Am not looking forward to western Scotland.

UK_M_BAM.png

Chicxulub

Banned
True. But as long as you mentally correct for that, you should be okay.

You can usually get a good feel of the scale of the stretching and skew by comparing the original QBAM outline to the Google Maps outline.

Not sure what alternatives there would be to this method.

Here's my current progress. Shows the results of my method in action.

Orkney islands were probably the trickiest part. Am not looking forward to western Scotland.

Western Scotland will be easy compared to the Norwegian Fjords.

worldmap

Banned

do you happen to have that blank qbam with modern borders?