The M-BAM Main Thread

worldmap

Banned
if that is true waht you just wrote it would mean the new version of q bam would have to be made, maybe even in different projection altogether,

question is will it be mae for showing geopolitical history of the world or for something else!?

Angola, with municipalities. Doing this has revealed that the provinces of Angola as displayed on the QBAM are currently incorrect, as municipalities have been transferred from Bengo to Luanda, and from Cuanza Norte to Bengo.

IUP3IC3.png

Where can one find a detailed map that's in the Robinson projection? That would be necessary for this project.
Kavrayskiy VII, actually. To the best of my knowledge, worlda is Robinson, and scaling the outlines of the basemaps doesn't give them exactly the same shape.

For people who are doing part of the U.S. you are all grouped under the U.S. country group. Every group is down to each country and one person can be working on multiple countries at the same time.

While I love the idea of an MBAM, why you guys just won’t use a vector map is beyond me. :D I have a beautiful, ludicrously detailed, ludicrously huge Robinson SVG waiting for anyone who wants it.

Only thing is, you’re going to want more than 8GB of RAM to use it. I have 29 and it still takes Illustrator about a minute to save changes to it. Editing is nice and smooth, though!

Actually, know what? Could my map at least help people get borders drawn for this bitmap version? What can I do to help? Could I zoom in on regions as needed and post high-res bitmaps off of which people could draw?

No projection translation to be done, after all. It’s a Robinson already!

The reason it is not a vector map is because I want everybody to be able to view and edit easily. When the Modern base map is done we will be doing maps that are of different dates. 8gbs of ram seems like alot but i maybe wrong I just use paint so my knowledge is limited.

Also Stateless you are doing some amazing work with the recent Africa additions you have made. If you finish Middle Africa by next Friday I would have my mind blown. Also show and tell seems to be on Christmas Day so If you have nothing to show on that day post it on Saturday instead.

- As for now it seems i have but i dunno for how long it will stay that way...

Well, then you don’t have the right projection. :p

They can line up for certain lat/lon, but if they’re not the same they’ll eventually separate. I can see that the northern border of Kanto is pretty different on your finished one than on the original Robinson map, so I don’t think they’re the exact same.

I’ll try to remember to pull a screen grab from mine later today (on my laptop now, and it’s too old to handle the file) so that you can see a higher-res coastline.