The Horse and The Jaguar

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think that's a bit of a slander - Europeans of the time had no trouble with engineering or technical innovations, it's when people ventured into astronomical or philosophical speculation that the Church got antsy.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Bruce

Thanks Bruce and all of you.

What I am referring to is a freedom from constraints on thought and conjecture. We know that the pre-Colombian cultures had highly advanced mathematics and astronomy. That creativity has been unleashed on technology with the seed provided by the introduction of Yuan tech. Their navigation skills are an order above Europe, shipbuilding is also advanced beyond that of the Old world.

There is one Mayan scholar who became distracted while heating soup in a pot with a tight fitting lid. He is trying to understand why the lid blew off the pot and landed several feet away from the hearth.

It is a culture of relatively unbridled scientific creativity. A relocated age of enlightenment in effect.

I'm a new fan who really loves this timeline.

Excellent work and I'm glad it is still alive and thriving.

Keep up the good work, Author :)

Going by the map posted in December on how far the Mayans have expanded. I'm curious how much of the Ngobe and Carib culture has survived and how those people fared.
I recently saw a documentary on the Caribs and the things they achived all around the Caribbean and they fascinate me now.

Going by the map posted in December on how far the Mayans have expanded. I'm curious how much of the Ngobe and Carib culture has survived and how those people fared.
I recently saw a documentary on the Caribs and the things they achived all around the Caribbean and they fascinate me now.

Any idea what it was called, for reasons? :p

I have to say I'm interested in if the 'original' (by now, likely post-imperial) Mongolia is aware of the existence of these other nations across the ocean claiming to be khanates. Would they care?

Any idea what it was called, for reasons? :p

I have to say I'm interested in if the 'original' (by now, likely post-imperial) Mongolia is aware of the existence of these other nations across the ocean claiming to be khanates. Would they care?

If the true Mongols are at all aware it would be by rumor only. Hints and whispers making their way from Henry's court through Europe.

The Ngobe culture is vastly changed by urbanization and commerce, but there are still aspects of their beliefs and practices evident in their region. The Caribs are dominated by the Mayans, but since they have not been under Mani's thumb as long they have a far greater sense of identity. Additionally there are still pockets of resistance to Mayan expansion throughout the Islands.

What was that documentary? would love to see it.

Somehow counts as a bump.

Just finished this in 3 freaking days. :p This is magnificent.

Just some questions, though. What ship designs did the Inca used in their Pacific voyage? Are they still using Chinese junks? Is it capable of trans-ocean travel?

Great timeline! Hoping for more Chinese influence with the Inca :D as mutually beneficial (silver) trading partners!

Last edited:
I am alive!
Over the past few years I have felt that I left a lot hanging in the wind as it were...I want to go back to the beginning and flesh things out some more, and I want to try to figure out where things are going from where I left them... Any takers?

Status
Not open for further replies.