The "Hitler" Mustache question

Will there ever come a day where the wearing of what has now been entitled "The Hitler Mustache" is not stigmatized as it has been since World War 2?

Will that style of facial hair ever be wearable without the connection to Hitler again? and if so.... when?

not in our life times, it has to be to the point where WWII and the Holocaust have faded a great deal, even 150 years latter most Americans know what Robert E. Lee looks like, more so Lincoln, Queen Elizabeth I's face and that of Henry VIII can be picked out by Brits, with modern photos and film Hitler's image will be clearer to us then people from before photos, I think Nazism is a scar on the soul of humanity that may never heal, so there may never be a time where Hitler's face (and facial hair) aren't known and aren't a part of the world's worst.

It might end up being something fringe-y and 'edgy' to wear when most of the people who were immediately affected by the Holocaust and such are dead, but I doubt it will ever re-enter the mainstream style.

Hitler Face and his Mustache became iconic picture of true Evil

like this example
Hitlerblog_Buch.jpg

you need only to put that black square under a nose and people think: Hitler !

In last years he therm "Mustaches of Evil" turn up.
comparison of Hitler Stalin and Osama Ban laden and there iconic look

tumblr_mfn0ctMk4j1qjvupko1_500.jpg

but in alternate History things can turn out very different
like this 33th US president
no_stache.jpg

but in OTL there are people who do not care about "the Mustache"
article-1241761-01B826FC00000578-972_468x305.jpg

like Robert Mugabe dictator ehh... sorry i mean President for Life of Zimbabwe

Its a fad, sort of a RL 'meme' to say that Hitler ruined that style.

Its not ruined; it just doesnt mash well with current beauty standards, and that little to do with Hitler. Somday, itll be fashionable again no doubt - and then nobody will care Hitler sported one once.

As a whole, facial hair isnt super highly rated right now unless you pull off the heavy-stubble-bad-boy-look like Josh Holloway. Everything related to mustaches is every less sexy. But these things make comebacks sooner or later.

Its a fad, sort of a RL 'meme' to say that Hitler ruined that style.

Its not ruined; it just doesnt mash well with current beauty standards, and that little to do with Hitler. Somday, itll be fashionable again no doubt - and then nobody will care Hitler sported one once.

As a whole, facial hair isnt super highly rated right now unless you pull off the heavy-stubble-bad-boy-look like Josh Holloway. Everything related to mustaches is every less sexy. But these things make comebacks sooner or later.

Well, he may be evil but at least he gave Hitler mustache a bad name.

thinks about growing Stalin 'staches

Riain

Banned
Yesterday I took down a political poster because it had been defaced with a Hitler moustache and the graffiti 'Born to Rule". While few would remember the 70s taunt against the Liberal party everyone in 2013 regional Australia knows exactly what the moustache means.

So no, not for a fucken long time yet.

Narnia

Banned
Eventually in 200 or so years when everybody affected by WWII are long dead it might come back. It might come back sooner if we have another major war that captures the attention of the people like WWII did. Eventually, Hitler will just seem like ancient history, the same way despots like Genghis Khan and Nero are seen. Evil people, but from so far back in history that nobody would be offended by depictions of them. In the distant future, long-term social changes might make the religious and ethnic groups Hitler persecuted change or disperse so much that nobody would even identify as them anymore.

but in OTL there are people who do not care about "the Mustache" like Robert Mugabe dictator ehh... sorry i mean President for Life of Zimbabwe
Mugabe having that kind of mustache is no coincidence: Hitler is actually one of his personal heroes, iirc

the best way for the toothbrush mustache (not the "hitler" mustache) to come back is for it to be popularized again via Charlie Chaplin. he wore it first, then hitler fucked it up

Michel : it took me some seconds to recognize Hitler, damn it. Which says a lot of that infamous mustache place in mankind pysché.
Crap, looking at it again, Hitler vaguely looks like french actor Jean Gabin

poor mister Gabin, he has certainly take a shotgun, to face Hitler in Paris, on his conquest tour true France 1941 :rolleyes:

Little know fact is that Charlie Chaplin consider, to sue Hitler on Copyright issue about the mustache!
in the End, Chaplin stop to play the Tramp, but to give him last chance to speak the Greatest Speech Ever Made...

Chaplin was visionary
Dictator_charlie2.jpg

wet pants Hynkel
lichtenhagen_martin_langer.jpg

today German Neo Nazi