The Franco-American War of 1798

Keenir

Banned
Constantinople has a large Russian population, and yeah, Orthodoxy is a lot more centralized. It's the most cosmopolitan of the Russian cities, but at the same time it is very heavily fortified: There is a constant heavy presence by the Imperial Navy and Army, and it has a very large militia force as well.

still doing fine, I see; congratulations.

this ATL, as it happens, was the inspiration for my "America and the Napoleonic Consulships". just thought to let you know.

have nice days.

Constantinople, I think within a week I'll have an update. Probably be a general one for the world, but I might throw in some other stuff in there.

Keenir, thanks for the kind words.

I like the POD but this timeline has developed in a rather dystopian fashion.

However it has inspired me to come up with my Quasi-war timeline gone HOT scenario.

I'll have to do some major research on the subject first however.

I like the POD but this timeline has developed in a rather dystopian fashion.

Well, yeah, it has. Thats kind of how my TLs tend to be. There might be a few bright spots, though... British Africa in the Imperial Federation enjoys a higher living standard, Latin America is better off with the exception of Brazil and Mexico.

However it has inspired me to come up with my Quasi-war timeline gone HOT scenario.

I'll have to do some major research on the subject first however.

Yeah... Mine was more based on, 'hey, what if Hamilton got to go through with his plans?' and then, 'Say, maybe this could keep the Federalists around'...

Well, yeah, it has. Thats kind of how my TLs tend to be. There might be a few bright spots, though... British Africa in the Imperial Federation enjoys a higher living standard, Latin America is better off with the exception of Brazil and Mexico.

Yeah... Mine was more based on, 'hey, what if Hamilton got to go through with his plans?' and then, 'Say, maybe this could keep the Federalists around'...
My idea is the Quasi war drags on and on, ever more acrimonisly, the election of 1800 is still a cluster**** that ends with Jefferson's election and an eventual 12th amendment and the transfer of Louisiana from Spanish to French hands in 1800 (which wouldn't be known in America until after the election) is seen as a threatening act of strategic encirclement by a hostile power and Congress declares war on France and Spain.

I think Jefferson would have had to adjust his governing strategy quite a bit to deal with a war situation.

What is Alaska like? Much more russian? Or did they develope it as little as in OTL?

Alaska is more Russian, but there are also more Eastern Europeans who passed through Canada, and British/British-Canadians. Due to its quasi-independent nature and low regulation of business, along with oil rush, it's growing quite a lot.

This ever going to be continued?

Yeah, eventually. It's been held up for the same reason as WMI: College apps and the new AH/FH timeline I'm sketching out.

I do have an update in the works though, involving civil war in the Kongo and a possible re-expansion of influence by Western powers into Africa.

I just finished reading this and is it awesome! You've really put a lot of work into this and it's a great read. Can't wait to see what's next!