THE DAWG POUND DYNASTY: AN ALTERNATE HISTORY OF THE NFL

And folks, a little shameless self promotion here, but this TL has been nominated for a Turtledove! Voting is now open, and although we are trailing in the polls, there is still time to launch a comeback! I am honored to see this TL nominated, and to be honest as far as I know this is the first NFL TL to EVER be nominated for a Turtledove (and maybe the first sports TL, I'm not sure about that). It's a great honor to find such support for a football TL and I am hoping we can show AH that "THIS IS CLEVELAND!" :D:D:D:D

CLEVELAND VERSUS THE WORLD!!!

We we're talking about Super Bowl 48 between the Broncos and Seahawks.

I was just joking that, as a Lions fan I don't even know what it is like to watch your team lose a Super Bowl...or even what it is like to see your team win a playoff game in the last 25 years. :(

Some sad OTL news on Adrian Peterson (The Chicago Bear, not the Viking) who had a feature role in this TL

Son of Adrian Peterson Dies After Battle With Cancer
Updated: Tuesday, February 17, 2015 | Katelyn Murphy

More Sharing Services
Son of Adrian Peterson Dies After Battle With Cancer story image

SAVANNAH, Ga (Kate Murphy) -- Chicago Bears' Adrian Peterson confirmed on Facebook Tuesday morning his son, A.J. Peterson, has died.

A.J. was six years old when he was diagnosed with cancer. His parents took him to the hospital after reporting him as "scatterbrained" with an imbalance and slurred speech.

According to the Peterson GoFundMe page, the doctors determined that there was a tumor in A.J.'s brain stem. He was immediately admitted into Wolfson's hospital where he then had an MRI and more bloodwork completed.

Later, experts gave details about the tumor, also known as DIPG (Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma), a cancerous tumor that embeds itself in the pons of the brain stem. Because the brainstem is the center of all essential functions for life, surgery is too risky and not an option.

The Peterson family reportedly received support through a Facebook group and the GoFundMe page where they publically documented the journey of A.J. and his battle with the deadly disease. A hashtag (#AJSoars) was used on social media to send thoughts and prayers to the family.

More than 38,000 has been donated to the Peterson family through the GoFundMe page.

[

And at number one on this list, beating out the “Immaculate Reception,” is a play simply known as “the catch and roll” by many NFL fans, or simply “the catch” in Cleveland. When wide receiver Peerless Price came down with the football in the end zone in the final seconds of Superbowl XXXIV, football fans all over the country thought that the Cleveland Browns did the unthinkable. But then there was the call, and the birth of the Peerless Price Rule. Price caught the ball, got two feet down, and appeared to control the ball as it broke the plane of the goal line. But it was ruled that he did not maintain control all the way, and the catch was ruled incomplete.

The big problem with the Peerless Price Rule was it was so obscure that prior to Superbowl XXXIV nobody had ever even heard of it. And even to this day there seems to be no uniformity in when or how the rule is invoked. But what is clear is that, for three seconds, everyone in the country thought that the Cleveland Browns won the Superbowl, and that included Rams fans. The delay in making the call and the controversy of invoking a rule that was so obscure led to a strange phenomenon. The word “Flutied” is now in the dictionary…defined as getting screwed over by a previously unheard of or obscure rule. I remember when the Bush-Gore recount fiasco was going on in Florida one newspaper had the headline “Gore Flutied in Florida” after the recount was terminated and Bush was named the winner. A lot of people felt that Doug Flutie and the Cleveland Browns were screwed out of the win in that game, which naturally only fed into the Browns anger and resentment against the NFL.

]

No, no, nononono this guy did not freaken predict the Dez catch about 9 months in adavnce. Christ no, the quote at the top of the post is me.
Uh Jesum, f*** that it still hurts

No, no, nononono this guy did not freaken predict the Dez catch about 9 months in adavnce. Christ no, the quote at the top of the post is me.
Uh Jesum, f*** that it still hurts

Well, Calvin Johnson notably had this happen to him before, so it's not like he looked up some obscure rule that nobody has seen before.

Yeah but the situations are errily similar. Calvin landed all the ball in the endzone. Apparently here the receiver caught the ball, got 2 feet down and then rolled into the endzone but somehow still 'did not have possession' which leaves people confused even after the fact.
I found it rather funny

And I realize the last update featured some very obscure QBs. Here are their wiki pages if you wanted to look them up:

Ben Mauk:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Mauk

Jared Lorenzen:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jared_Lorenzen

Matt D'Orazio:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_D'Orazio

Anthony Calvillo:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Calvillo

Calvillo is, in my opinion, the greatest QB to never play in the NFL, having broke pretty much every passing record in Canada. I always thought it was a shame that he never got as chance in the NFL, so I wanted to do something to fix that in TTL.
I know thread is old but really liked it.

And thanks for calvillo in the NFL. One year he had four wr over 1000yd (cahoon, copeland don't remember the others).