THE DAWG POUND DYNASTY: AN ALTERNATE HISTORY OF THE NFL

Sports alternate histories interest me more than the flood of war and political threads here.

Same here in some ways - just to see the different trades and all is fun. I've done a number of them (including my ones in my sig.) Although certain war/political ones interest me, as OP said, sports don't involve a lot of death, etc..

Same here in some ways - just to see the different trades and all is fun. I've done a number of them (including my ones in my sig.) Although certain war/political ones interest me, as OP said, sports don't involve a lot of death, etc..

I have made a couple attempts to do threads of alternate expansion and relocation in MLB, but I could never figure out what would be the POD.

Like I said, I want to do a thread where the USFL basically turns into the WLAF, but I don't know where to start.

Back to the Browns of this thread, hopefully they'll get Tom Brady in the 2000 draft.

Good updates.

Keep it up and take it to the present day!!!

Let me guess: the Browns do take Tom Brady ITTL?

Edit: Just reading...saw you took Dat Nguyen. This will hurt America's team (aka the Dallas Cowboys) in the long run on defense. But anything to hurt ole Mr. Jones is fine by me.

Well, we have a former Michigan head coach who seems obsessed about picking up ex-Wolverines. I won't say more, but I think it is safe to say that had Gary Moeller been head coach ANYWHERE in the NFL in 2000, Tom Brady would not have been available as late as the 6th round.

Well, we have a former Michigan head coach who seems obsessed about picking up ex-Wolverines. I won't say more, but I think it is safe to say that had Gary Moeller been head coach ANYWHERE in the NFL in 2000, Tom Brady would not have been available as late as the 6th round.

Speaking of ex-Wolverines, would he try to get Charles Woodson in free agency later on?

I realize it will start to get a lot harder in coming updates though. I will need to keep track of trades, and more importantly, the draft order when you consider the different records of teams in the NFL. So if any of you catch a mistake, please let me know so I can correct it.

Donald Driver, I like it.

Does he still go on to fame on Dancing With the Stars?

Haha, not sure yet. But Price and Driver will make a pretty strong duo for the next few years. Price will have a more immediate impact, but Driver will be one hell of a #2 or #3 WR in 1999, even though he hasn't quite developed into the star he becomes in OTL

Speaking of ex-Wolverines, would he try to get Charles Woodson in free agency later on?

Possible, but most likely not until 2006 (when he signed with Green Bay).

And keep in mind, Moeller will get burned by some of these Wolverines too. He gets Wheatley and perhaps someone in the 2000 draft, but not every Wolverine turned into a superstar in the NFL, and those who flopped may end up in Cleveland here.

Possible, but most likely not until 2006 (when he signed with Green Bay).

And keep in mind, Moeller will get burned by some of these Wolverines too. He gets Wheatley and perhaps someone in the 2000 draft, but not every Wolverine turned into a superstar in the NFL, and those who flopped may end up in Cleveland here.

That's pretty standard league wide. Coaches love to bring guys they know from their old teams (college or pro) and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I just hope he doesn't go Stever Spurrier Stupid when he coached Washington when he brought it ever reject former Gator in the NFL.

Of the three receivers drafted, I think Driver will pan out better then the other two.

Well, as we know, six of the picks were cut in camp and never played in the NFL. In OTL, Dee Miller from Ohio State never played after getting drafted in the 6th round by Green Bay. Obviously there will be some pressure to draft a "local kid", which accounts for Miller's pick by the Browns here. But there is a very good chance that, even though he was named starting WR behind Price, that he won't make it through camp here.

That's pretty standard league wide. Coaches love to bring guys they know from their old teams (college or pro) and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I just hope he doesn't go Stever Spurrier Stupid when he coached Washington when he brought it ever reject former Gator in the NFL.

What does work for the Browns and Moeller here is that the biggest Michigan alumni "busts" are almost always QB's (John Navarre, Chad Henne, Drew Henson). There is a good chance that QB is a position where the Browns are solid on after next season and that they won't be interested in drafting many QB's. :cool:

I use to be a huge NHL fan but have sort cooled to the sport since moving to Tge southwest. But I for one would love to see a nhl alt history!

Not sure what to call a TL that has a PoD on Cam Neely not being traded from the Canucks to the Bruins, or a better management that doesn't involve hiring coaches like Mike Keenan and the recently booted John Tortorella.

Excellent work!

I'm a Michigan grad and have lived in the Detroit area for 40 years (though I never became addicted to Lions Kool-Aid and thus saved myself a lifetime of agony.)

Your choice of Cleveland as the site of a loathed NFL dynasty is ingenious. Generations of Clevelanders have suffered in Sports Purgatory.

Deleted member 16736

I wanted to do a timeline that didn't have any death and torture.

As a Bengals fan and native of Cincinnati, having the Browns establish a dynasty is pretty much guaranteeing torture to the southwestern part of our state, possibly even a few alcohol-poisoning related deaths. The only thing that kept us afloat for those rough years was the idea that "Hey, at least we aren't Cleveland." Now we don't even have that. Thanks. ;)

Count me in, though. This looks like a fun ride. I'm going to have a love/hate relationship with this Dawgpound Dynasty TL, I can tell.