The Beatles Don't Break Up in 1970 - A Timeline

Could the Beatles adopt Punk for the raw energetic sound?

Sure, they are Establishment, but that energy might be what they need to give them a boost.

Or early metal perhaps?

I just don't see Paul or George going punk.

[ John and Ringo, totally -- the Lost Weekend never ends, they and Harry Nilsson form a protopunk band, and keep partying at volume 11 until one or more of them joins the Dead 1970s Musicians club ]

I'm sorry
No need to apologize, you're free to like whatever you want. I have and have had a lot of friends who didn't like the Beatles, I still stayed friends with them and they stayed friends with me even though I kept making fun of them for having parents who were siblings.

Last edited:
No need to apologize, you're free to like whatever you want. I have and have had a lot of friends who didn't like the Beatles, I still stayed friends with them and they stayed friends with me even though I kept making fun of them for having parents who were siblings.
Thanks man. I'm sorry for anything I said.

Could the Beatles adopt Punk for the raw energetic sound?

Sure, they are Establishment, but that energy might be what they need to give them a boost.

Or early metal perhaps?
I could see the Beatles experiment with Punk but not go all out, Paul and John both stated they liked some of it and that it reminded them of their days back in Hamburg.

I just don't see Paul or George going punk.

[ John and Ringo, totally -- the Lost Weekend never ends, they and Harry Nilsson form a protopunk band, and keep partying at volume 11 until one or more of them joins the Dead 1970s Musicians club ]
Paul liked some Punk and today he's even friends with Johnny Rotten and I think George would go along for the fun of it but just on a few songs, I can't see the Beatles doing a whole Punk album but a bit of Punk and New Wave? I could see that.

Paul liked some Punk and today he's even friends with Johnny Rotten and I think George would go along for the fun of it but just on a few songs, I can't see the Beatles doing a whole Punk album but a bit of Punk and New Wave? I could see that.
New wave evolved when post punk went in a bunch of fun new directions

I disagree with Wikipedia.

From the article:

Recording​

At the suggestion of producer Bob Ezrin, Pink Floyd added elements of disco, which was popular at the time. According to guitarist David Gilmour:

[Ezrin] said to me, "Go to a couple of clubs and listen to what's happening with disco music," so I forced myself out and listened to loud, four-to-the-bar bass drums and stuff and thought, Gawd, awful! Then we went back and tried to turn one of the parts into one of those so it would be catchy.[5]
Gilmour recorded his guitar solo using a 1955 Gibson Les Paul Gold Top guitar with P-90 pick-ups.[6] Despite his reservations about Ezrin's additions, Gilmour felt the final song still sounded like Pink Floyd.[5] When Ezrin heard the song with a disco beat, he was convinced it could become a hit, but felt it needed to be longer, with two verses and two choruses. The band resisted, saying they did not release singles; Waters told him: "Go ahead and waste your time doing silly stuff."[7]