The Anglo/American - Nazi War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wendigo

Banned
Hopefully they all ended up dancing on the end of a rope.
My question is since the USSR was occupied up to the Urals and the Slavs mostly worked to death and starved, what use would there be for the Reich in keeping Vlasov alive?

Also what happened to Dirlewanger between 1943 and 1960 is an interesting question.

What happened to these notorious war criminals ITTL?

- Dr. Mengele
- Amon Goeth
- Oskar Dirlewanger
- Marcel Petiot
- Andrey Vlasov

My question is since the USSR was occupied up to the Urals and the Slavs mostly worked to death and starved, what use would there be for the Reich in keeping Vlasov alive?

Also what happened to Dirlewanger between 1943 and 1960 is an interesting question.

• Dr. Joseph Mengele: Keep his "search" going on in the General Government and was arrested by the Allied troops, if the fact one TTL book on Nazi experimentations is named from him is to be believed
  • Amon Goeth: Is either keep to his post, relieved for graft or, like OTL, sent to a sanatorium for mental issues and victim of the Aktion T4
  • Oskar Dirlewanger: His company was left to "pacify" the territories won on the Soviet Union, tack they greatly appreciated
  • Dr. Marcel Pétiot: Arrested and executed for what the Nazis believe to helping Jews and assorted persons to leave the Reich and its occupied territories (OTL, he was arrested for this motive)
  • Andrey Vlasov: Shot for treason after he protested against the Nazi policies toward the Russians

Deleted member 96212

• Dr. Marcel Pétiot: Arrested and executed for what the Nazis believe to helping Jews and assorted persons to leave the Reich and its occupied territories (OTL, he was arrested for this motive)

When they arrested him OTL, they released him when his accomplices explained what was really going on.

- Marcel Petiot
I wonder who this guy is... Let me check.

WIKIPEDIA QUOTE:
Marcel André Henri Félix Petiot (17 January 1897 – 25 May 1946) was a French doctor and serial killer. He was convicted of multiple murders after the discovery of the remains of 23 people in his home in Paris during World War II. He is suspected of the murder of around 60 victims during his life, although the true number remains unknown.
[...]
Born: January 17, 1897 (Auxerre, Yonne)

*echoes*
Auxerre, Yonne
Auxerre, Yonne
Auxerre, Yonne
Auxerre, Yonne (It's the town I live in...)

26ufkEIQ11Uu6ObKw.gif

I was asking when Goebbel's son was killed.

January 8, 1954. Two months before the Saint Patrick's Day Raids.

It gets mentioned as a historical footnote in the entry about the turkey shoot. The IC author dismisses the idea this was the cause of the raids as being too insane even for Hitler.

Wendigo

Banned

It gets mentioned as a historical footnote in the entry about the turkey shoot. The IC author dismisses the idea this was the cause of the raids as being too insane even for Hitler.
I believe that the attack on the US/UK was probable and the death of Goebbels' son was just a catalyst.

Though if there never was a Hot War then the Reich would be able to complete Generalplan Ost and kill everyone they planned to (over 100 million people). Then they'd collapse by 1980 according to CalBear due to having no more slave labor to work to death and the resulting inflated costs.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Yet another question came to me, it's a testament to this timeline that I still have questions of it after the end.

What is the degree of cooperation between the A4 powers? Is it open and free form and anything one country knows is quickly shared with the other three, or some information held back. For example, lets say that Australia's, picking a country at random, R&D teams develops a new theory cold fusion that revolutionizes the world's energy scene. would Australia automatically share it with the rest of the A4 or would it hold it back for some economic advantage. Is there any form of discovery that would be kept secret by one of the powers?

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Yet another question came to me, it's a testament to this timeline that I still have questions of it after the end.

What is the degree of cooperation between the A4 powers? Is it open and free form and anything one country knows is quickly shared with the other three, or some information held back. For example, lets say that Australia's, picking a country at random, R&D teams develops a new theory cold fusion that revolutionizes the world's energy scene. would Australia automatically share it with the rest of the A4 or would it hold it back for some economic advantage. Is there any form of discovery that would be kept secret by one of the powers?
The A4 are still independent countries. They all have their secrets, even sketchy plans for war if one of the others goes rogue. They do compete economically, but military cooperation is at a close to wartime level.

Cold fusion would be shared since it has a strong military application. A purely commercial breakthrough the proverbial "better mousetrap" would not become common property.

Even shared military breakthroughs are still shared via licensing (as was the case IOTL, e.g. the Merlin, Packard paid RR a fee for each engine it built).

Status
Not open for further replies.