Terraformed Planets and Moons Maps

I thought I would share a couple of planetary and moon maps with you of Mercury and Earth's moon "Luna" Terraformed, If by any request I can make more of other planetary bodies if you would like. Although I think there already have been a few of Mars and Venus terraformed maps out there.

Of course in real life some of these planetary bodies would take many centuries to terraform properly.

Mercury (sorry couldn't find a bigger map)

terramercuryblank.png

Luna (pretty decent sized map)

terralunablank.png

Luna is definitely my second favorite planetary map to the Earth's map.

If you have any other planetary bodies feel free to share!

No offense, but looking near the poles, it looks like all you did was turn a black-and-white jpg of the moon into a blue-and white one - thus you have crater shadows which show up as ocean, although the rest is land.

There are lunar topographic maps if you look around.

No offense, but looking near the poles, it looks like all you did was turn a black-and-white jpg of the moon into a blue-and white one - thus you have crater shadows which show up as ocean, although the rest is land.

There are lunar topographic maps if you look around.

The secret is out.:mad: Oh well, I made due with what I had. But now that I looked at a topographic map of the lunar surface it wasn't to off...besides the polar areas.

Also, there are probably some areas that would be lower than "sea level," that wouldn't be filled with water. It depends on where the ice is.

Here's one I made for VT45 way back in the days of college when I had more time.

https://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/showpost.php?p=1649769&postcount=249

Might be a few others in that thread.

Basically I'd echo the others relative to the terrains. A good topographic map is critical to designing a world - terraformed or otherwise - if you want accuracy. It is only when you have the systematic elements squared away that you can be truly artistic without delving into quasi-post-modern-babbling.

Here's one I made for VT45 way back in the days of college when I had more time.

https://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/showpost.php?p=1649769&postcount=249

Might be a few others in that thread.

Basically I'd echo the others relative to the terrains. A good topographic map is critical to designing a world - terraformed or otherwise - if you want accuracy. It is only when you have the systematic elements squared away that you can be truly artistic without delving into quasi-post-modern-babbling.

That's more or less what I figured a terraformed Moon would look like.

Cool Map! My attempt was a little lazy, but that's pretty cool...yeah I was suspecting the Moon would be more...whats the word...flooded? If terraformed. I guess It depends.. anyways, is it okay if I use or modify that map in the future? All give credit of course.

I like that there is more interest in this thread now, I thought it was a goner. Anyways, this renews my interest..all go ahead and post more in the future soon!

Very nice art. I suspect the terraformers, whoever and whenever they may be, would have to strip the ice of all of the Jovian moons to supply the water though. (Assuming its more than a few meters deep)

How nice, wipe out life on Europa just to give Mars a few million more years.

Very nice art. I suspect the terraformers, whoever and whenever they may be, would have to strip the ice of all of the Jovian moons to supply the water though. (Assuming its more than a few meters deep)

No, Mars has enough water in its ice caps and permafrost for an ocean or two.

Besides, we'd mine Ganymede or Callisto first, if need be, as they've a lower chance of having life.