Tales of the Shining Pearl: A Magsaysay Lives TL (Revamped)

This might be nitpicking, but the Phil. Navy had a naming system for every type of vessel in its service. Aircraft carriers are to be named after one of the 3 island groups (Luzon, Visayas or Mindanao, take your pick).

Unless it's butterflied away, of course.

Another great update and a great week...

Actually yes, that system won't be butterflied, I just wasn't able to come up with a grandeur name :)

Glad that everyone is enjoying this TL :)
Mabuhay-class sounds silly, as if Philippine Airlines owns it. :D
You may take some ideas from here, in the Navy section. Just replace some Danish names/places with Philippine ones, notably popular places... ;)
https://www.alternatehistory.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

After Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore and Sri Lanka. The US will be a tricky one, though I must say deregulation happens ITTL due to greater need for private-public cooperation and economic liberalization ITTL.
Which was also talked about days ago concerning the APEC countries in the #APEC2015. So timely, much? :D

Speaking of which, thanks to my work, I never got updated on what happened last Wednesday and Thursday, all there is in the news is about road closures and transportation standstills...which I experienced myself, five times. :rolleyes:

But regardless the positive and negative ridiculous jazz about #APEC2015, still, looking forward to the next update! ;)

Saw your post on Facebook about the government only releasing the good stuff only during and after an important occasion. This fact is very disappointing...

Thanks for the support! :)

Next update won't come anytime soon, lots of schoolwork to do :)
Likewise, I'm just gonna do whatever I can and what's told me about my work. And I'm making the most of the weekend at home. :eek:
Also, expect an update on JAL 123.
I'll never forget that disaster (surely it'll never happen here, perhaps?). :(

And...nothing interesting in the news today, back to my Digimon MEGA Marathon... :D
https://www.alternatehistory.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

All I can say is the AFP numbers doesnt add up based on a $285B budget and a story line more advance than OTL. The only rational explanation that I can come up is AFP tech in 2011 atl is using 1960s otl tech to fill and afford those numbers. The more advance you are the more expensive stuff becomes. And because you are more advance, the less assets you need to fill the roles of a previously less advance tech.

With regards to military assets, Whenever a military creates a doctrine, you dont fill everyone's shoe when others are already filling that shoe. NATO and every other US ally means US fills the high seas control while all the allies fills the littoral and some power projection. This means the Philippines dont need too many carriers unless it wants to fill the role of US Superpower role. For a US sidekick, that nation only needs 0-2 carriers(not necessarily super carrier; something like Charles de Gaulle), at least 2 LHDs.

For a rough estimate of those numbers based on your budget, 1/4 assets of what the otl US have if you want to be more advance than otl, 1/3 of what otl US have if you want the same tech as US otl.

With regards to military tech, the Philippines doesnt need to develop its own. The allies share tech. That is why you see Aegis ABM in multiple US allies in otl or the Harrier used by the US and NATO which is originally British tech. The only time Philippines would need to develop its own if that ally refuses to share tech like how US bans all f22 foreign sales.

Just noticed Pakistan. Is China not supporting Pakistan TTL as a country right next to India?

Or has the Sino-Indian war been butterflied away? That would really change Sino-Indian relations.

I have changed the navy numbers. But I'm still keeping one super carrier ;)

I have lowered the capability of the native arms industry. It still produces some things for the country, but many foreign-made products will be in contracts, produced in Philippine factories to reduce costs. See the edited post for more ;)

The ABMS: Have made it that it's a joint project between all GDTO members.

Thanks for the help. I am not that knowledgeable with military matters :)

Also your 1968 Philippine Navy help does not add up. The Chinese wont have a significant navy with a PoD 1957 by 1968 nor capability to blockade Japan or Taiwan. Not unless you meant the Soviets trying the blockade.

With 1957, China needs to fix their economy first. It would take them decades just to get the same economic size as they have now, meaning enough money to have a competent navy to challenge Japan. Until they reach present day, China must submit to market forces, aka western sanctions, to develop their economy and accept being a land power.

The Chinese can take Macau by land though. Hong Kong is little bit dicey. You got the British there, who got nukes and an MDT with USA.

Deleted member 87099

Another great update.:D

I think this TL is turtledove worthy.;)

The Urban Population must be larger in this ATL than in OTL.

PS: I think the population must be larger due to large supplies of food as you said in the previous pages.

Is there an immigration of Chinese and Indian people to the Philippines and to the Western countries given that China's population is larger than in OTL? I would like to see a massive Chinese and Indian immigration to the Philippines.

Just curious, will Metro Manila have more cities/municipalities from Bulacan, Rizal, Laguna and Cavite? Just like how Pasig was once in Rizal and suddenly became part of Metro Manila.