Return of Horrible Educational Maps

It’s not educational, but it’s horrible. This one’s from a game magazine.

5nsW7Yx.jpg

For those who can’t tell, that’s the USA.

I found this:
Yay, I remember that beach ball! It was 1999, and in southern Spain we met some tourists who almost (or really? don't remember) got denied entry into Morocco for having that in their luggage, and we were laughing because so much worse mistakes in Europe especially their "Austria", so the independent West Sahara would be a really small mistake, and the Chinese who made that certainly had no thought of fostering separatism, and neither had the tourists who bought a cheap ball...

LynnZ

Banned
Okay, not as bad as the others in this thread, but it was somewhat notable for a textbook that has been very accurate with some excellent maps that they seem to have somehow misplaced Guangzhou:
RscxHph.jpg

JJohnson

Banned
Wow. Whoever made this just failed at history. Or they believe that the North American Union is a real, existing thing...or the US just took all Mexico in 1848, and Cuba, Hispaniola, Bermuda, and the Bahamas were annexed into the US to this day, Australia is a divided continent, Norway-Sweden still exists, Finland's still a part of Russia, France still holds the Netherlands, Switzerland, and Northern Italy, Germany's even smaller but holds the Prussian Gold Coast, a giant German African colony, Tanganyika is still Prussian, France has Cameroon and CAR, the Guyanas are part of Gran Colombia...wow. I can't even keep going. It kind of hurts.

Oh, God. Look how Africa is black, India is brown, and China is yellow. :eek:

And apparently, Kolkata is in Bangladesh! :rolleyes:

it gets worse the more you stare

Hey, at least they had the common decency to actually use the proper 48 star U.S. flag for WWII. :)

That reminds me of when I was watching a South Korean movie about the Korean War, and they used the modern day U.S., Canadian, and South African flags (which were made in 1960, 1965, and 1994). Yikes! Shame, since the movie itself was actually pretty good, but they couldn't have done a simple check of the flags?

And Squidland.

I pledge allegiance to the tentacles of the United Squids of America! ;)

r.i.p Antarctica
"You maniacs! You melted it up! God damn you! God damn you all to Hell!" :mad:

This must be from a badly written ATL..

Also, Randomid Caliphate for the win!!!

I was hoping that it was some prediction made 100 years ago of what the world would've looked like in 2012.

This one is rather painful (then again, it is from a site called biblescience):
Good Lord. The Arabian Peninsula looks like a scrotum. XD

And WTF is going on with the Sinai Peninsula? It's the size of freaking India!
Independent States. It's basically "ex-USSR countries come together".

Yeah, some maps from the early 1990s tended to label Russia as the CIS.

Last edited: