Retrospective US Presidential Election: 1876

ote in the 1876 Retrospective US Presidential Election!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JSmith

Banned
Prepare to get lynched.

Alternatively, you could just throw it into a run-off to discourage this sort of behavior in the future. I don't want to reply to the thread in question, to avoid bumping it but I would like to comment on it. I am about 90% certain that this violates the rule prohibiting polls in Chat. It is also a fairly reprehensible method of skewing results in Cooper's favor.
Something like this was clearly going on, in private, with the 1980 election when you consider the likely reason for Reagan's huge jump in votes at the last minute.If such things aren't prohibited isn't it better to do them in the open? If not then there should be an established list of what is and isn't allowed in regard to this project to prevent backbiting and bad feelings.

Abhakhazia

Banned
Something like this was clearly going on, in private, with the 1980 election when you consider the likely reason for Reagan's huge jump in votes at the last minute.If such things aren't prohibited isn't it better to do them in the open? If not then there should be an established list of what is and isn't allowed in regard to this project to prevent backbiting and bad feelings.

And then Carter's 6 vote last second boost. So that's a double edged sword.

I thanked Abkhazia for campaigning for Cooper because I was still under the effects of a kick on day one, and its important to get the message out there on day one, preferably page 1.

I will not post a link from chat to here again. I originally intended on dredging political chat threads looking for anyone left leaning who hadnt voted, then pm them, but most of the people who post there alot had already voted.

So I put up a billboard.

Abhakhazia

Banned
I thanked Abkhazia for campaigning for Cooper because I was still under the effects of a kick on day one, and its important to get the message out there on day one, preferably page 1.

I will not post a link from chat to here again. I originally intended on dredging political chat threads looking for anyone left leaning who hadnt voted, then pm them, but most of the people who post there alot had already voted.

So I put up a billboard.

I didn't mind it, I just thought it was a little out of the blue though.

And then Carter's 6 vote last second boost. So that's a double edged sword.

Or McGovern's last-day boost in '72, after Nixon led the whole week...

There's clearly a block of committed ideologues on both sides who hold their votes until Friday for strategic purposes.