What would you like me to focus on for future chapters?

• History of the early West Baltic (1950s-60s)

Votes: 51 33.8%
  • History of the late West Baltic and modern Prussia (1980s-present)

Votes: 92 60.9%
  • Miscellaneous Information (please elaborate)

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Waifus. :3

Votes: 42 27.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's subject to a lot of interpretation by the ATL artists, to be honest, but my take is that is that Prussia would pepper his Russian speech in random German words, doing loads of cultural misappropriation from Germany, and giving Russia a huge stomachache or a chest burst like Alien. It'd also be set apart from the old picklehaube Prussia, because it's a different entity.

A Hetalia-style version of him or her (though I'd say her) would look more like Frankenstein's monster, a representation of the complex demographics that make up TTL's Prussia. Otherwise, the funnier aspects of Polandball Prussia would be toned down in favour of more honourable attributes, like defending the Baltic brothers from Russia's abuse. The nature of her birth and existence would likely give her a brooding, solemn personality. I don't have a pic for her, but her body should look more or less like patchwork.

View attachment 415238

Or perhaps, she can occasionally be haunted by the ghost of Reichtangle.

PRUSSIA STRONK!

Or perhaps, she can occasionally be haunted by the ghost of Reichtangle.

PRUSSIA STRONK!

This? :3

aUKASy4.png

Well...

My idea was that Prussia was basically Russians living inside of the old Konigsberg castle, and being haunted and tormented by Prussia's ghost.

Old Prussian would be a grumpy old grandpa turned ghost. Constantly tormenting Russia and being silently disappointed in his frankenstein granddaughter for not going on conquering sprees.

Speaking of which, what do ITTL Prussians love more: German beer or vodka?

If the current trends in Europe are of any indication, beer probably overtook vodka as the main alcohol being consumed in Prussia.

1000px-Alcohol_belts_of_Europe_%28actual_consumption_in_2010%29.svg.png

Beer with a shot of vodka mixed in?

This?

Also, does Oktoberfest also happen, or does that stay in Bavaria.

Isn't Oktoberfest already internationalized? I mean, it's still a Bavarian festival, yea, but still. :v

Mention of German stuff, what're ITTL Prussia's relations with Germany as whole? I do remembered there're a local German irredentist organisations wanting to 'reunited' with the Fatherland and not making their successes. Then again, this applies to other irredentist groups. No doubt TTL Prussians don't want to 'unite' with Germany (due to obvious reasons of Russophone population and geographic reasons). It's like asking Poland to give back Silesia and Pomerania.

Other than that, these videos may come into interest to you:

I can imagine those groups would be very, very fringe.

Most Germans reject nationalism, and having to rebuild East Germany, they would not want to foot the bill for a Slavic-Prussia.

On the other hand, Germany and Prussia have good commercial ties, and many Germans go on vacation to Prussia, for tourism and other stuff.

Trivia: Prusso-German Ties
Mention of German stuff, what're ITTL Prussia's relations with Germany as whole? I do remembered there're a local German irredentist organisations wanting to 'reunited' with the Fatherland and not making their successes. Then again, this applies to other irredentist groups. No doubt TTL Prussians don't want to 'unite' with Germany (due to obvious reasons of Russophone population and geographic reasons). It's like asking Poland to give back Silesia and Pomerania.

I can imagine those groups would be very, very fringe.

Most Germans reject nationalism, and having to rebuild East Germany, they would not want to foot the bill for a Slavic-Prussia.

On the other hand, Germany and Prussia have good commercial ties, and many Germans go on vacation to Prussia, for tourism and other stuff.

Post-WW2 Germany IOTL is among the most Prussophobic countries in the world, if not the most, IIRC. This isn't going to change ITTL. What is, however, is how they react to ITTL's Prussia. The declaration of independence by the West Baltic at the height of the August Coup came as a shock to Germany, not only because so little is known of the republic in the West, but what Gram and his party is basing their movement on. Gram and some within the party are firm believers in the ideals of a multicultural West Baltic, albeit a 'warped', de-communized version of what Stolypin championed. However, he did not expect his message to spread quickly enough, nor galvanize the population to support secession. For that, he took an immense risk and evoked the memory of the old Prussia as a platform to champion his vision. Not surprisingly, a fair few Germans got a pretty scary impression of him at the start, and Chancellor Helmut Kohl had to personally contact Gram just to find out his stances on German reunification (i.e. he was deeply worried about burdening West Germany with another money sink).

The irredentist organizations, however, rejoiced, for very good reason. There was a general feeling, even among expelles, that returning to their ancestral homeland was virtually impossible, even hopeless. For someone to show up out of nowhere to essentially declare that Prussia lives again is nothing short of divine favour to them. The Prussian German People's League, or the Volksbund, was created by the expellee organizations in response to what they hope was the first step to reversing the territorial losses of the World Wars. To that end, they went to great lengths to sponsor settlement in Prussia and promote their so-called 'Prussian ideals'. The irony is that Gram tried his hardest to stem the radicalization, under the clear threat of economic meltdown in Prussia's early years. It was Tonchev, who was supposed to be the complete antithesis of a Prussian revival, would take to greater extremes in a bid to build up a Prusso-German-centric national identity, with Volksbund support.

Over the years, though, Prusso-German relations had improved a lot, particularly due to EU ties. Prussia invests heavily on tourism to attract German vacationers and 'returnee vacations', and German investments in the country range widely, in areas such as automobiles and trains. The Volksbund, ironically, moderated its views as a result of its rampant encouragement of German resettlement, when the vast majority of their 'returnees' were in fact Russo-German migrants. Volksbund memberships shifted greatly in favour of the Russo-Germans, who felt repulsed by the extreme, chauvinistic views of the original German expellees. Even second-generation German-speaking returnees like Fiona von Augsburg (the education minister from my politics section), felt that the leadership and goals of the party had to change to reflect the ideals of the new Prussia, rather than impose their will on the population. Neo-Nazi types who couldn't accept the changes split away and formed far-right parties such as the Teutonic Front. But these fringe groups never regained the nebulous influence held by the Volksbund's old guard during the Tonchev years. So yea, the Volksbund started off as a thinly-veiled irredentist party, but reinvented itself as a purely German minority rights party. It didn't stop the public from giving both New Prussia and Fatherland Front heat from trying to coax them into the coalition, though, the latest being the delegation of the Education Ministry to the Volksbund (a highly-sought after post by the party, for obvious reasons). Volksbund ministers had also served in the Defence and Interior Ministries under Tonchev's Fatherland Front government. With their dubious reputation, it's no wonder Prussians are wary of them.

I have a post idea for that in my head, but I have to see if I can get it out. :v

Last edited:
I might just be forgetful but has there been any dedicated post as to the organization and state of the Prussian military? I see ranks and uniforms through skimming but I don't actually see any large post about it.

I might just be forgetful but has there been any dedicated post as to the organization and state of the Prussian military? I see ranks and uniforms through skimming but I don't actually see any large post about it.

Not at the moment, no. I am working on it, slowly. I could try to answer it briefly.

Status
Not open for further replies.