Precarious Heights - a Teutonic Order TL

Such a good and long update after your hiatus was a welcome sight. Welcome back!

The Hanseatic remnants in Gotland sound like trouble. Actually maintaining such a large fleet, and keeping the sailors fed, would normally be quite troublesome. However, being able to prey upon the trade on one of the busiest naval trade routes in Europe will probably keep them going for a long time. I wonder if this will spark the development of better land routes from the north/east to the Holy Roman Empire? If no grand coalition can muster the necessary ships to deal with them, Baltic trade might be paralyzed for a long time, forcing the affected parties to consider other options.

As for the Turks; I take it Sigismund is going to have another go at a crusade in the relatively close future? Given the present state of affairs, he might at the very least do somewhat better than he did in the first.

The rebels (whom I will give a much cooler name soon) will become much as the Victual Brothers pirate gang, who basically dominated the Baltic and put a stopper on trade until they were ousted by a combined Hanseatic-Teutonic Fleet, by which action the Order gained the island as payment.

And yes, we're going to have another crusade. No Hussite Wars means the Order needs something to do, and this is quite the opportunity---Mehmed I is engaged in the east, and his western enemies, i.e. Venice, Naples, and Hungary are stronger than OTL and in much better position to work against Turkish interests, particularly in the Balkans.

I'm planning on having the first part of Chapter 10, which will encompass these events and more, up on Monday.