Pop-Culture WI: Impact on MCU if Marvel acquired X-men film rights

What would have happened to the MCU if Marvel acquired X-men film rights(let's say X-Men Origins Wolverine's critical failure was enough for Marvel to buy back X-men film rights), what sort of films would be created?

You'd need multiple mainline X-Men films to fail in order for Fox to consider it.

The effect? Marvel alters their plans and makes some movies starring their re-acquired IP. Some movies get pushed back, some dates are re-scheduled, directors and actors are attached to these projects. This has knock-on effects that could be very interesting as regards other studios. (Details depend on the timeframe.)

What would have happened to the MCU if Marvel acquired X-men film rights(let's say X-Men Origins Wolverine's critical failure was enough for Marvel to buy back X-men film rights), what sort of films would be created?
Personaly I believe themarveluniverse is better off when it keeps the X-men and the rest seperate. Marvel should seelthe fantasticfour back to marvel, while keeping the X-men. Actualy it is doing pretty well with the x-men.

The obvious hook in the MCU would be to introduce Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in the Brotherhood of Mutants under Magneto, and then show them joining the Avengers after leaving Magneto. Perhaps even a movie with the Avengers fighting Magneto or recognition of Magneto's parentage of the twins. Other possibility is for Beast to crossover and become an Avenger. Possible Project: Wide Awake plot using Henry Gyrich as a character crossing between Avengers and X-Men.

Those are the obvious connections to me.

Bigger change would probably be in the comics produced nowadays. Marvel wouldn't be trying to sabotage its mutant comics and making everyone an "Inhuman" instead by exposing people to the terrigen mists (of course, technically such mutates still aren't inhumans, but that is shorthand for you) in the hopes this will eventually cause the rights to resume back to Disney.

Garrison

Donor

I'm not sure the MCU really exists if they get back the X-Men, the standalone movies that built up so many of the characters are going to be shoved aside for X-Men related material, major casualties are probably Ant Man and Guardians of the Galaxy. I honestly see zero positives from such a move.

I could see an X-Men series being the crown jewel of Marvel's Nexflix shows.

Ooh, I like that idea! I still think it would work better as a separate franchise from the MCU, but it could still benefit from Marvel's management and writing.

Imagine this:

TV Guide said:
Today, Marvel has confirmed that Avengers director Joss Whedon will be showrunner for their upcoming live-action series, X-Men. Jed Whedon, Zack Whedon, and Maurissa Tancharoen have also been named as executive producers. The show will be set in its own continuity, separate from the ongoing Marvel Cinematic Universe.

In a press release, Kevin Feige said "Joss Whedon combines experience with Marvel movies, running a TV show, and writing for Astonishing X-Men. He is the perfect candidate, and I cannot wait to see what he will do."

On a narrative and production level, this divergence begs the question whether the X-Men will be allowed to have a historical timeframe/timeline of sorts, in the same style they have in the OTL Fox series. Either the MCU accomodates for it and its nature and tone will be quite a bit different from the very start, or they'll just try to assimilate the X-Men into the existing conventions of the MCU. I bring this up because the acknowledgement of the allohistorical elements of the X-Men film series have been one of its stronger sides from the very start. I have my doubts whether the MCU would be as willing to acknowledge them and give them (and the characters) enough space to breathe. Frankly, I often get the feeling that the OTL MCU is a bit bloated and overcrowded with characters as it is. Less is more. Having a well-written live-action TV series in the ATL to reserve the X-Men stuff for would be a neat solution, but I'm a bit skeptical, based on the manifold issues of existing OTL superhero TV shows.