Status
Not open for further replies.
noooooooooo im sad now!! this was such a good tl!! thank you kanan for what's been probably one of, if not the best tls on the site.

I second this.

Will Ship of State be featured on AH.com, or will it be exclusive to the discord?

I'm asking, because I really don't want to have to sign onto discord to read it.

noooooooooo im sad now!! this was such a good tl!! thank you kanan for what's been probably one of, if not the best tls on the site.

Thank you so much!! Don't fear, like I said it will not be dying completely, I still plan on updating things from time to time!! Think of this as just moving towards a news article being posted every so often :)

I second this.

Will Ship of State be featured on AH.com, or will it be exclusive to the discord?

I'm asking, because I really don't want to have to sign onto discord to read it.

Ship of State will be available to view on Discord, Sufficient Velocity, Sealion Press, Deviantart, AH.com, and eventually, downloadable PDF.

Ship of State will be available to view on Discord, Sufficient Velocity, Sealion Press, Deviantart, AH.com, and eventually, downloadable PDF.

HUZZAH!

Whilst I shall miss Our Fair Country, I look forwards to Ship of State. Even that one picture of absolute Kanan-based awesome is making me all tingly.

Well, I hate to see this coming to an end; an absolutely iconic project! Absolutely fantastic work Kanan!

For those of us who aren't too closely tied into the discord and all that, can we expect a link to Ship of State on the forum page here when its all set up?

Well, I hate to see this coming to an end; an absolutely iconic project! Absolutely fantastic work Kanan!

For those of us who aren't too closely tied into the discord and all that, can we expect a link to Ship of State on the forum page here when its all set up?

There will be forum pages once enough preliminary work has been done to advance enough past the actual point of divergence and bring the story forward to a predetermined date (which is 100 years after the PoD, where I can begin to write more things in depth and in earnest as changes have truly taken hold), and I can explain how the events had roughly progressed in the preceding 100 years. Plus, much of the work has been done already on a QBam map for rough outlining and sketching purposes, but more sophisticated graphics need to be done before the launch. I cannot say when this process will commence, as things are evolving at a fairly rapid pace, and I have been bogged down in research for some time. Just to give an example of how different things will be, here is a preliminary snapshot of southern Africa by 1853.

VFva6Xr.png

Well, I am pretty sure I had not seen this day coming for quite some time, but here we are!

I've come to this decision after much thought and debate, and also with consultation of the folks who have assisted me along the way, that Our Fair Country is formally going to be coming to an end. I am sure many have noticed the sharp and complete drop-off of activity and updates recently, and much of this has been due to a reassessment of my plans for the timeline, and earlier conflicting lore problems. I have decided, instead of a massive retcon that would make the earlier one in 2019 seem pretty minor in comparison, that I will be sunsetting this timeline, and beginning a new one with a similar divergence point, but taking a far different approach to alternate history.

And so, it comes to this announcement that I am happy to announce the name of my new timeline, Ship of State, which will work in a more chronological manner. For Our Fair Country, I am remiss to say I did not plot out the exact sequence of events to bring us to the present-day, which is something I am remeding for Ship of State. The lore will be deeper and more richly explored, and many area of the world will be delved into deeper and a more well-balanced and researched manner. This change, of course, might not please everyone, and Our Fair Country might still get an update from time to time, but it will no longer be my main focus.

This being said, all future public updates on Ship of State can be found on the Our Fair Community Discord where I maintain a project channel there to discuss relevant areas of research and lore development, along with general question and answers about the timeline! I'd like to seriously thank everyone who has read along and contributed to Our Fair Country, and I hope to see everyone as I delve into my next project!

As a means of introducing everyone here to the new timeline, here is a snippet of what is to come from this project:

rwvym0larsw41.png
😥 i will miss this tl but never the less looking forward to the next.

This TL gave us plenty of fun but I respect your decision to focus on a project you'd prefer! Eagerly awaiting your next work.

This timeline truly revolutionized the scale timeline's on this site could reach, and I suspect Ship of State will once again go beyond all expectations. Thank you and good luck!

I'm sorry to see this TL sunset, but you've done such a great job on it and I'm confident you'll do at least as well on Ship of State. I'll look forward to the new TL!

Very sad to see this timeline go; it was every bit as good as everyone says and I always enjoyed updates.

That said, your new project looks awesome! I can't wait to find out more about this world.

This TL is up there as one of the best on this site. I’m very sad to see it go, but am excited for what’s coming next. Can I just ask what did you have planned for the Northern Ireland referendum at the end of this year?

@Kanan , this was the first TL I read with regularity since joining these forums, and it's been a treat to see it develop and grow. Thank you for the time and energy you put into it, and I will definitely be looking forward to Ship of State when you launch it!

@Kanan, this TL has been so amazing to look over, being so in-depth in graphics and lore. Can't wait to see Ship of State.

I have just one question, who's going to win the Social Labor Primary?

Status
Not open for further replies.