No Southern Strategy: The Political Ramifications of an Alternate 1964 Election

What about the Ontario businessman whose name I forgot?

I happen to like Broadbent. In 1979, of course, Pierre Trudeau was the leader, so I'm obviously going to vote for the Liberals

Stronach is an unqualified hack, so of course I'd vote for the NDP in such a scenario.

Senate Map as of 1991
upload_2017-3-5_9-46-7.png

Red = 2 Republicans
Blue = 2 Democrats
Yellow = 2 Conservatives
Purple = 1 Democrat, 1 Republican
Green = 1 Democrat, 1 Conservative
Light Blue = 1 Democrat, 1 Independent
Orange = 1 Republican, 1 Conservative

Attachments

• upload_2017-3-2_20-24-19.png
    upload_2017-3-2_20-24-19.png
    23 KB · Views: 576
  • upload_2017-3-3_14-26-50.png
    upload_2017-3-3_14-26-50.png
    23 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:
My responses for the 'who'd you vote for' thing:

1964: Johnson/Humphrey
1968: Humphrey/Connally
1972: Humphrey/Howell
1976: I'm really torn, because MacBride has pretty reasonable social policy in my view, but since Howell is still a progressive populist I'd go Howell/Brewer

1980: MacBride/Cohn
1984: Unruh/Carey
1988: Black/Richardson since she was so influential in the successes of the Cohn administration and I can't bring myself to vote for a pro-lifer even if they promise free healthcare

In UK elections I'd probably vote Labour until Clement Freud turns up, at which point I'd vote for him. Idk where the 1980s boundaries include my hometown (which is a few miles outside of Cambridge), but if it's NE Cambs I'd vote for Freud and if it's SE Cambs either Pym or his Liberal opponent.

On a side note, I've probably made this remark before, but I'm intrigued by how Freak Power activism will affect South Park when it comes along.

Senior Senator David Rockefeller of New York has died aged 101. What is it about this TL and mortality with figures included in it?

Last edited:
Senior Senator David Rockefeller of New York has died aged 101. What is it about this TL and morality with figures included in it?
With a lot of figures in the TL likely in their 40s through 60s during the main period covered so far, it's likely a lot of them will be reaching end of life around now.

They would be 25 at most?

Legally old enough to run for several offices, including the House.

This reason is why I prefer to stop TL's around 35-36 years after a POD. When someone born after the story started could theoretically run for President.