New MultiVerse War Book

Chris

Banned
Them swines!

Ah well - I've been posting Carrier Wars long before Hell's Gate (I read the earc, not the best he's ever done) was a twinkle on the Baen Board.

Chris

Thande

Donor
You could always rename it something else. Given that most of the books have 'War' in the title, you could use something more over-arching for the series like...er...I don't know... The Conflict Across Creation? ;)

Depending on what the overall arching story ends up being it could be called:

Time Agents
Chris's Complex Cool Conundrum
Ugly Universes
Sexy Sally stumbles slovenly on Snow

Point being, half the time I cant think of a title until the story is done....let alone something like Chris and his 5 novel masterpiece.

Somehow I just really don't think that Weber and Evans "stole" either the idea or name. Going by what Weber has been saying on the Bar, he has had this idea for a number of years and just hadn't had time for it. And the phrase "Multiverse War" has been around for a good while, back into the 80s if my memory is working today (which is occasionally a question).

SionEwig said:
Somehow I just really don't think that Weber and Evans "stole" either the idea ......

The idea of multiple universe have been around the early sixties and H Beam Piper's Paratime series. The main difference is that apart from a few worlds, the Paratimers infiltrated societies in order to tap them for resources.

Again clashes of empires by mistake aren't new either although I can't run off a good example at this very minute.

When ideas has been in the public domain for so long and you add a new twist to it, I won't say that you had stolen it, but I won't say that it was original either. That is not to knock either the authors or the book at all and I wish them every success.

Chris

Banned
Evilmittens said:
Sexy Sally stumbles slovenly on Snow

JILHAD ON YOUR ARSE! Not that title. NEVER!

(Well, unless someone waves a large amount of money under my nose.)

Chris