Map Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blog%2B-%2BSuper%2BKingdom%2B9m.png

Source is in the lower right corner of the image.
The funny thing is Disneyland Singapore was really planned and I've seen the plans. Considering where it was supposed to go, which is where Universal Singapore is now, this is simply too big!

To the thieves goes the purple cloak! 🥲

9C54r4W.png

Since it seems everyone enjoyed my Chinese dynasties map, have one for Rome. It is also partially inspired by my older map that I was looking at, that I don't think I posted on this site:

Expansion of byzantium under the Osmanid dynasty 🤣

Zx4GsOU.png

Last edited:

9C54r4W.png

Since it seems everyone enjoyed my Chinese dynasties map, have one for Rome. It is also partially inspired by my older map that I was looking at, that I don't think I posted on this site:

Zx4GsOU.png
Praise the Bulgarian Roman Empire.

Latest update of my work-in-progress map, now showing (part of) Lakhota.
The United Provinces of the New Netherlands.png

1)The Republic of Florida (San Agustín)

Chief Language: Spanish

Chief Language: Catholicism)

Government: Parliamentary democracy

Neighbors: Virginia on the North, Louisiana on the West, the Cubas (not shown) to the South

Relations With Their Neighbors: Shares in the general dislike of the Virginians. Gets along OK with the Louisianans. Formerly had territorial disputes with the Cubas (over what we would call "The Bahamas"). They now get along well as members of the "Thanks, Big Brother Mexico, But We'd Rather Not Become Your Newest States" Club.

Note: Not my most "developed" idea, perhaps, but I've always wondered what kind of distinct national identity Florida might have developed if it had remained Spanish. I resisted the urge to have them have an "Hombre de Florida" type reputation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2)The Federation of Lakhota (Swift Water City)

Chief Language: Lakhota (various dialects)

Chief Religion: Lakhota Traditional

Government: Tribal Federation

Neighbors: Mexico on the South and West, New France on the North, the New Netherlands on the East.

Relations With Their Neighbors: Lakhota does its best to get along with all of its neighbors without sacrificing its integrity. Friendliest with the New Netherlands.

Note: Covers parts of OTL's Dakotas, Nebraska, Montana and Wyoming. A proud people, they are aware that they retained their independence largely because Mexico, New France and the New Netherlands didn't want to foight a war over their territory. Struggles to maintain their traditional culture while coping with necessary modernization. Because of their reputation as warriors, many young Lakhota serve in the militaries of other nations. The money they send home bolsters the national economy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3)The Empire of Louisiana (Nouvelle-Orléans)

Chief Language: French

Chief Religion: Catholicism

Government: "Constitutional" monarchy. In practice, corruption is widespread, but it is a point of pride to never take too much and to never take anyone's last cent.

Neighbors: The New Netherlands on the North, Virginia and Florida on the East and Mexico on the West.

Relations With Their Neighbors: A member of the "We Hate Virginia" Club with Florida and the New Netherlands. Formerly had territorial disputes with Mexico, has accepted that they're not getting the land back. Their control of the lower Mississippi earns them a tidy sum in "shippng fees".

Note: Founded by a charismatic colonial governor who took advantage of turmoil in Old France to declare the territory's independence and to name himself Emperor. Somehow shambles along despite outdsiders' regular predictions over the decades of their imminent demise. Has a long-distance rivalry with New France over which of them is the true heir to the spirit of France.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4)The Commonwealth of New England (Boston)

Chief Language: English

Chief Religion: Protestantism (Religious tolerance exists in theory. but in practice, the non-Protestant population is vanishingly small. Catholic and other immigrants from Europe tended to go to the New Netherlands, Florida, the Cubas, Louisiana or Mexico.)

Government: Parliamentary democracy, somewhat more conservative and less tolerant than the New Netherlands

Neighbors: New France on the North, the New Netherlands on the West.

Relations With Their Neighbors: Longstanding territorial disputes with New France, whom they think of as a hereditary enemy. Has set aside similar disputes with the New Netherlands, with the realization that they need Nieuw Amsterdam's good offices as a counterweight to Québec.

Note: A small nation that feels "hemmed in" by its neighbors. Has an international reputation as a "nation of small-town lawyers".
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5)The Dominion of Newfoundland (Saint John's)

Chief Religion: Protestantism

Neighbors: New France on the South.

Relations With Their Neighbors: No great love lost between the Newfies and the New French, but they get along well enough.

Note: Baffin Island (not shown) is also part of Newfoundland. Independent, but still closely-linked to the mother country, Greater Britain. Cynics in other countries see it as a British "fishing colony".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6)The Kingdom of New France (Québec)

Government: Monarchy (Not an absolute monarchy, but the monarch has more power than we in OTL are used to most monarchs having )

Neighbors: Imperial Russia on the West, Lakhota, Mexico, New England and the New Netherlands on the South, Newfoundland on the North.

Relations With Their Neighbors:
  1. Imperial Russia: Respects them as a fellow "old school" monarchy. Still keeps an eye on them, though.
  2. Lakhota: Annoying savages who refuse to convert to Catholicism. Otherwise harmless.
  3. Mexico: Peasants who have somehow become a super-power. At least they're mostly Catholics, of a sort.
  4. New England: Dangerous radicals. "Englishmen" without the minimal amount of refinement that proper Englishmen have. They hide behind Nieuw Amsterdam's skirts to escape the thrashing they so richly deserve.
  5. Newfoundland: They don't like them and watch them closely, but otherwise leave them alone. The don't want to give Greater Britain an excuse to make trouble for them.
  6. The New Netherlands: A nation of bourgeois merchants and farmers that foolishly protects those perfidious Yankees.
Bonus Non-Neighbor: Has an long-distance feud with Louisiana over which of them represents the true heritsge of France. This consists largely of periodic exchanges of insults at about the schoolyard level.

Note: New France extends over most of OTL's Canada east of the Rockies. At some point, I'll do a different map to show it all. The nation was founded when the French king successfully fled TTL's version of the French Revolution and set himself up in North America. The New Frnech like to say to themselves, "L'année prochaine à Paris" , but realistically, it ain't gonna happen.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7)The United Provinces of the New Netherlands (Nieuw Amsterdam)

Chief Language: Amerikaans (I'm imagining something closer to the ancestral Dutch than OTL Afrikaans is, but further than American English is from British English is, if that makes any sense, which it may not)

Chief Religions: Protestantism, Catholicism (Various flavors of Christianity are the vast majority, but religious tolerance is practiced.)

Government: Parliamentary democracy, what we would call "left of center", with racial tolerance and tolerance for persons of different sexualities, and so on. It's not a paradise, but overall, it's a pretty good place to live.

Neighbors: New France on the North, New England on the East, Louisiana and Virginia on the South, and Lakhota and Mexico on the West.

1. Lakhota: the Lakhota are a proud people, and make much of the fact that they are the only Native North American people to retain their independence, but their leaders are well aware that they retained their independence because the Mexicans, New Netherlanders and New French found it expedient to leave them as a buffer state rather than fight a war over the territory. Relations with the New Netherlands are generally good, and Nieuw Amsterdam allows the Lakhota to maintain certain sacred sites on their territory.
  2. Lousiana: The New Netherlanders get along well enough with the genial kleptocrats in Nouvelle-Orléans, the moreso since neither of them likes the Virginians much.
  3. Mexico: Mexico is one of TTL's super-powers, stretching from the border with Imperial Russia (about midway through IOTL's British Columbia) down into South America. The Mexicans consider the Americas their sphere of influence and like their neighbors to behave themselves, so everyone tends to keep quiet so the Mexicans won't decide to "teach" them how to behave.
  4. New England: There were territorial disputes in the early Nineteenth Century, Later, the Yankees were happy to have the good offices of Nieuw Amsterdam to keep the New French off their backs.
  5. New France: Relations are cool but correct. There are no current disputes, but the two nations are not overly fond of one another, largely because New France sees the New Netherlanders as being too cozy with their old rivals in Louisiana.
  6. Virginia: There were disputes in the Ninetenth Century over Nieuw Amsterdam's refusal to return escaped slaves, coming close to war on more than one occasion. However, the fact that they are surrounded by nations that don'tb like them much (The New Netherlands, Lousiana and Florida on the south) have kept them from getting too frisky.

Note: Heavily into what we would call "green" or "alternative" energy sources. Think of themselves as the "one sane nation" in the Americas.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8)The Commonwealth of Virginia (Williamsburg)

Chief Religions: Church of Virginia (Protestant) is the church of upper and middle class whites, various other Protestant sects/cults are followed by poor whites and non-whites.

Government: An "aristocratic republic". dominated by a white upper class from wealthy "old families" (the franchise is based on property ownership) that works assiduously to keep the poor whites, African-descended people and what few Native Americans survive divided. Slavery was technically abolished in the early Twentieth Century, but Blacks are still heavily oppressed.

Neighbors: The New Netherlands on the North, Florida on the South and Louisiana on the West.

Relations With Their Neighbors: The Virginian ruling class looks down on the New Netherlanders as vulgar, bourgeois shopkeepers and farmers, the Floridians as savage mongrels and the Louisianans as degenerate mongrels. Occasionally they like to make noises about putting them all in their places, but are well aware that they wouldn't stand a chance against the three of them, and that's without even taking into consideration what the Mexicans might do.

Note: Somewhat of a pariah among nations that like to think of themselves as "civilized". Their chief export is tobacco which sells well enough in countries that don't overmuch worry about whether foreign workers are exploited. When a Mexican scientist worked out that smokng is bad for you, the Virginians took it as part of a conspiracy to wreck their economy.

Last edited:

9C54r4W.png

Zx4GsOU.png
While these are all awesome, I’m disappointed it doesn’t include maps based around the 2 non Greek states that actually claimed the Byzantine throne IOTL: the Serbs (empire of the Serbs and Romans in the mid 1300s under Stefan Dušan Nemanjić) and the Bulgars (I believe the second Bulgarian empire made a similar claim but I’m not 100% sure)

The funny thing is Disneyland Singapore was really planned and I've seen the plans. Considering where it was supposed to go, which is where Universal Singapore is now, this is simply too big!
If you know where to find them or just have them please throw them into the proposals and war aims map thread.

9C54r4W.png

Zx4GsOU.png
>>Showing an Italian, Bulgarian, Hungarian, Turkic Roman State.
>>Didn't included a Russo-Roman Empire.
My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

View attachment 796956

Neighbors: Mexico on the South and West, New Frace on the North, the New Netherlands on the East.

Relations With Their Neighbors: Lakhota does its best to get along with all of its neighbors without sacrificing its integrity. Friendliest with the New Netherlands.

Note: Covers parts of OTL's Dakotas, Nebraska, Montana and Wyoming. A proud people, they are aware that they retained their independence largely because Mexico, New France and the New Netherlands didn't want to foight a war over their territory. Struggles to maintain their traditional culture while coping with necessary modernization. Because of their reputation as warriors, many young Lakhota serve in the militaries of other nations. The money they send home bolsters the national economy.
As a part-Lakhotan Prince, I approve.

View attachment 796956
1)The Republic of Florida (San Agustín)

Chief Language: Spanish

Chief Language: Catholicism)

Neighbors: Virginia on the North, Louisiana on the West, the Cubas (not shown) to the South

Relations With Their Neighbors: Shares in the general dislike of the Virginians. Gets along OK with the Louisianans. Formerly had territorial disputes with the Cubas (over what we would call "The Bahamas"). They now get along well as members of the "Thanks, Big Brother Mexico, But We'd Rather Not Become Your Newest States" Club.

Note: Not my most "developed" idea, perhaps, but I've always wondered what kind of distinct national identity Florida might have developed if it had remained Spanish. I resisted the urge to have them have an "Hombre de Florida" type reputation.

Neighbors: Mexico on the South and West, New Frace on the North, the New Netherlands on the East.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3)The Empire of Louisiana (Nouvelle-Orléans)

Government: "Constitutional" monarchy. In practice, corruption is widespread, but it is a point of pride to never take too much and to never take anyone's last cent.

Neighbors: The New Netherlands on the North, Virginia and Florida on the East and Mexico on the West.

Relations With Their Neighbors: A member of the "We Hate Virginia" Club with Florida and the New Netherlands. Formerly had territorial disputes with Mexico, has accepted that they're not getting the land back. Their control of the lower Mississippi earns them a tidy sum in "shippng fees".

Note: Founded by a charismatic colonial governor who took advantage of turmoil in Old France to declare the territory's independence and to name himself Emperor. Somehow shambles along despite outdsiders' regular predictions over the decades of their imminent demise. Has a long-distance rivalry with New France over which of them is the true heir to the spirit of France.

4)The Commonwealth of New England (Boston)

Chief Religion: Protestantism (Religious tolerance exists in theory. but in practice, the non-Protestant population is vanishingly small. Catholic and other immigrants from Europe tended to go to the New Netherlands, Florida, the Cubas, Louisiana or Mexico.)

Government: Parliamentary democracy, somewhat more conservative and less tolerant than the New Netherlands

Neighbors: New France on the North, the New Netherlands on the West.

Relations With Their Neighbors: Longstanding territorial disputes with New France, whom they think of as a hereditary enemy. Has set aside similar disputes with the New Netherlands, with the realization that they need Nieuw Amsterdam's good offices as a counterweight to Québec.

Note: A small nation that feels "hemmed in" by its neighbors. Has an international reputation as a "nation of small-town lawyers".
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5)The Dominion of Newfoundland (Saint John's)

Chief Religion: Protestantism

Neighbors: New France on the South.

Relations With Their Neighbors: No great love lost between the Newfies and the New French, but they get along well enough.

Note: Baffin Island (not shown) is also part of Newfoundland. Independent, but still closely-linked to the mother country, Greater Britain. Cynics in other countries see it as a British "fishing colony".

6)The Kingdom of New France (Québec)

Government: Monarchy (Not an absolute monarchy, but the monarch has more power than we in OTL are used to most monarchs having )

Neighbors: Imperial Russia on the West, Lakhota, Mexico, New England and the New Netherlands on the South, Newfoundland on the North.

1. Imperial Russia: Respects them as a fellow "old school" monarchy. Still keeps an eye on them, though.
  2. Lakhota: Annoying savages who refuse to convert to Catholicism. Otherwise harmless.
  3. Mexico: Peasants who have somehow become a super-power. At least they're mostly Catholics, of a sort.
  4. New England: Dangerous radicals. "Englishmen" without the minimal amount of refinement that proper Englishmen have. They hide behind Nieuw Amsterdam's skirts to escape the thrashing they so richly deserve.
  5. Newfoundland: They don't like them and watch them closely, but otherwise leave them alone. The don't want to give Greater Britain an excuse to make trouble for them.
  6. The New Netherlands: A nation of bourgeois merchants and farmers that foolishly protects those perfidious Yankees.
Bonus Non-Neighbor: Has an long-distance feud with Louisiana over which of them represents the true heritsge of France. This consists largely of periodic exchanges of insults at about the schoolyard level.

Note: New France extends over most of OTL's Canada east of the Rockies. At some point, I'll do a different map to show it all. The nation was founded when the French king successfully fled TTL's version of the French Revolution and set himself up in North America. The New Frnech like to say to themselves, "L'année prochaine à Paris" , but realistically, it ain't gonna happen.

7)The United Provinces of the New Netherlands (Nieuw Amsterdam)

Chief Language: Amerikaans (I'm imagining something closer to the ancestral Dutch than OTL Afrikaans is, but further than American English is from British English is, if that makes any sense, which it may not)

Chief Religions: Protestantism, Catholicism (Various flavors of Christianity are the vast majority, but religious tolerance is practiced.)

Government: Parliamentary democracy, what we would call "left of center", with racial tolerance and tolerance for persons of different sexualities, and so on. It's not a paradise, but overall, it's a pretty good place to live.

Neighbors: New France on the North, New England on the East, Louisiana and Virginia on the South, and Lakhota and Mexico on the West.

1. Lakhota: the Lakhota are a proud people, and make much of the fact that they are the only Native North American people to retain their independence, but their leaders are well aware that they retained their independence because the Mexicans, New Netherlanders and New French found it expedient to leave them as a buffer state rather than fight a war over the territory. Relations with the New Netherlands are generally good, and Nieuw Amsterdam allows the Lakhota to maintain certain sacred sites on their territory.
  2. Lousiana: The New Netherlanders get along well enough with the genial kleptocrats in Nouvelle-Orléans, the moreso since neither of them likes the Virginians much.
  3. Mexico: Mexico is one of TTL's super-powers, stretching from the border with Imperial Russia (about midway through IOTL's British Columbia) down into South America. The Mexicans consider the Americas their sphere of influence and like their neighbors to behave themselves, so everyone tends to keep quiet so the Mexicans won't decide to "teach" them how to behave.
  4. New England: There were territorial disputes in the early Nineteenth Century, Later, the Yankees were happy to have the good offices of Nieuw Amsterdam to keep the New French off their backs.
  5. New France: Relations are cool but correct. There are no current disputes, but the two nations are not overly fond of one another, largely because New France sees the New Netherlanders as being too cozy with their old rivals in Louisiana.
  6. Virginia: There were disputes in the Ninetenth Century over Nieuw Amsterdam's refusal to return escaped slaves, coming close to war on more than one occasion. However, the fact that they are surrounded by nations that don'tb like them much (The New Netherlands, Lousiana and Florida on the south) have kept them from getting too frisky.

Note: Heavily into what we would call "green" or "alternative" energy sources. Think of themselves as the "one sane nation" in the Americas.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8)The Commonwealth of Virginia (Williamsburg)

Chief Religions: Church of Virginia (Protestant) is the church of upper and middle class whites, various other Protestant sects/cults are followed by poor whites and non-whites.

Government: An "aristocratic republic". dominated by a white upper class from wealthy "old families" (the franchise is based on property ownership) that works assiduously to keep the poor whites, African-descended people and what few Native Americans survive divided. Slavery was technically abolished in the early Twentieth Century, but Blacks are still heavily oppressed.

Neighbors: The New Netherlands on the North, Florida on the South and Louisiana on the West.

Relations With Their Neighbors: The Virginian ruling class looks down on the New Netherlanders as vulgar, bourgeois shopkeepers and farmers, the Floridians as savage mongrels and the Louisianans as degenerate mongrels. Occasionally they like to make noises about putting them all in their places, but are well aware that they wouldn't stand a chance against the three of them, and that's without even taking into consideration what the Mexicans might do.

Note: Somewhat of a pariah among nations that like to think of themselves as "civilized". Their chief export is tobacco which sells well enough in countries that don't overmuch worry about whether foreign workers are exploited. When a Mexican scientist worked out that smokng is bad for you, the Virginians took it as part of a conspiracy to wreck their economy.
Great maps, but I think there is a WIP map thread out there, and this is not that one. Also, I would love to see this have its own thread.

If you know where to find them or just have them please throw them into the proposals and war aims map thread.
I know who has them, unfortunately... There's no chance I get to get photos of them. Disney would have my ass in a second...
Wait, what were the original plans?
I'm not at liberty to say, unfortunately, except that it would probably be fairly similar to HKDL in many respects.

1671551481582.png

Hungary has a unique focus tree in Hearts of Iron IV, if you have the Death or Dishonor DLC activated. This is the path for the Habsburg Prince, once you go down the Economic Intervention focus line. Like my previous hoi4 focus tree map, I used MapChart to create it, and I also made the map in Hungarian.

I have finished my map. As per usual, I wanted to do a key but by the time I finished, you know, the map, I pretty much lost all motivation. Maybe one day I'll go harder - I used to do full-blown B_Munro style maps but alas...

Anyway, as mentioned before, the vague POD is that the British somehow win the American Revolution and the nascent United States dies in the cradle. It's not all bad, though; they get some concessions and despite the revolutionary leaders being hanged, things improve in the colonies. History happens and the territories of British North America expand westward, mostly taking a northwestern route, and through winning wars and other such shenanigans it ends up with roughly the shape you see on the map.

So, what makes this version of America different? Well, the official name of this trans-Pacific federation is the 'Commonwealth of Nations', otherwise called 'the Commonwealth', or just 'America'. It is the current seat of the House of Windsor, currently ruled by Queen Victoria II (though, you know - constitutionally). Like her predecessors, Queen Victoria II's titles go far and wide, but one in particular is of interest here; "Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland". Why is that of interest? Because Great Britain and Ireland do not have a queen.

In TTL's "Spring of Nations", Britain wasn't spared. Sometime in the mid-late 19th Century (1850s-1860s, I keep things vague) major urban centres across Britain experienced mass strikes and popular revolt. This wound up erupting into an all-out civil war with a very socialist bent to it, and faciliated an event known to the history books as the "Flight of Windsor". Basically, Queen Victoria I was assassinated, and her family scarfered. Without a figurehead to rally around (or rather, with the figurehead now in America), the traditionalist side of the civil war folded, and Britain became a parliamentary republic. Missives were sent to all the far-flung colonies of the empire, with some accepting the new status quo, and others not. The new administration was on shakey ground from the start. The Royal Navy by and large opted to remain the "Royal" Navy, which greatly weakened Britain's ability to project power. As a result, rebellion in India succeeded, neutering Britain's "Raj" ambitions.

Anyway, this is a map of 2022. There have been wars, there has been peace, there are no clear superpowers. Russia is still a god-forsaken empire, and incredibly autocratic, though the Tsar himself wields very little actual power. Militarily the strongest nations are undoubtedly the Commonwealth, the Empire of Japan, the Caliphate of Arabia (initially an Egyptian-led project, typically just called 'Arabia' or 'the Caliphate'), and the Republic of Peru (which is on par with OTL's Canada, really). China looks scary but it's frail; the Ughyurs, Mongols, and Tibetans are only de jure part of the Chinese Empire, but otherwise completely rule themselves.

The current attention-grabbing conflict is the Arab-Iranian War, known to the Arabians as "the military intervention to restore moral order", and known to everyone else as "a shameless land-grab". Since the 1950's, Iran has been steadily liberalising. It's been slow going, as the Iranian government still needs to reconcile western ideas with the natural conservatisim of Islam, but by-and-large they have a functioning democratic tradition, a well-educated populace, and a strong economy with good social programmes in place. The major areas that need working on are in gender and sexual equality, but hey, they're getting there. At least until they got invaded. Fear not, though; Iran is fighting back and doing so admirably, and foreign weapons are just flooding across its borders (typically taking a long path from Russia through Central Asia and the Caucasus).

Now, other wee notes:
  • In the American southeast, you'll see the Republic of Columbia, a nation born out of a desire to maintain the institution of slavery (and also a nation that committed wholesale genocide against the Seminoles, and still attempted an African colony as a dumping ground for freed blacks when the slavery writing was on the wall). These guys are basically Christian nationalists with some whacky interpretations of the bible. Their tag-line is "there are no gays in Columbia" no matter how statistically impossible that is. They've also been cycling through the same three presidents for about thirty years.
  • Mexico is better than OTL. Culturally they are more conservative, leaning into Catholicism, but economically they're better off and income inequality isn't nearly as bad as it is in OTL. They started out as an empire, but that fell to pieces quickly. The Free Republic of Tejas to the north is one result of that. Cuba is also part of Mexico ITTL.
  • Brazil's breakup with Portugal was ugly. The north is the Republic of Amazonia. It used to be the Republic of North Brazil, but the Republic of Brazil in the south refused to change their name to "South Brazil" (or so the joke goes). Portugal still controls a small territory in the Northeast which contains suspiciously few ethnic minorities. In terms of independence, south went first, then north.
  • Peru still controls Equatorial Africa (a holdover from when the Spanish lumped its administration in with La Plata). It isn't a colony, though, and is a full province. Peru also still controls various islands in the Pacific, including *New Caledonia.
  • Several nations remain 'unconquered' from the colonial era. These are:
    • *Mali (I'm honestly very unsure what the name of this state should be).
    • Bornu (big state around Lake Chad).
    • Mossi (Burkina Faso).
    • Abyssinia (still an empire, though now a constitutional monarchy).
    • Majeerteen (Somalia).
    • Madagascar (by some miracle).
    • Afghanistan (no Anglo-Afghan Wars).
    • Burma, Thailand, and Vietnam (all three are still monarchies and are doing varying levels of 'okay' - Vietnam is probably the best of the bunch).
    • Some of the Indian states were spared wholesale conquest, though they did labour under various levels of European influence.
  • Both Alaska (Arasuka) and Hawaii (Hawa-i) actually started out as Russian territories, but were taken by Japan in a war along with the Amur region.
  • Germany was never a monarchy. It unified late (20th Century) and has been a republic since birth.
  • The Hapsburgs still reign in Hungary (which for a while was Hungary-Bohemia until the Czechs got sick of playing second fiddle).
  • The House of Osman fell, but Turkiye remains a sultanate. Bulgaria has been rather firmly Islamicised thanks to internal immigration patterns and some unpleasantness. Turkiye is basically the Caliphate's "little brother", though it's an open secret that the Caliphate has designs on Turkish territory (they have designs on a lot of territory, including the entirety of Spain and Portugal, so we'll see how well that works out for them).
  • Funnily enough, Iceland having control over Greenland was something I decided to do very early in the map, only to see Bruce add the same feature to his recent map. I'm not copying, I promise!
1671554638916.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.