Status
Not open for further replies.
Did some work on America, do you guys think I have too many or too little official states? (year is circa 1850), though ITTL America took a much stronger "make sure these states are up to par" standard when it came to ratification.
View attachment 304137
I think your number of states is alright, though the states in *Oklahoma beg the question of what happened to Indian removal. Also, all of your vertical lines are slanting the wrong way, unless you mean for there to be a bunch of diagonals everywhere.

I think your number of states is alright, though the states in *Oklahoma beg the question of what happened to Indian removal. Also, all of your vertical lines are slanting the wrong way, unless you mean for there to be a bunch of diagonals everywhere.
I do not, thank you for pointing this out :)
I wanted to avoid making states altogether because i am bad at internal divisions, but its the united STATES of America so i did what i could.

I do not, thank you for pointing this out :)
I wanted to avoid making states altogether because i am bad at internal divisions, but its the united STATES of America so i did what i could.
Yeah, for vertical lines in America, I would recommend looking at and copying the straight-line OTL borders, like the one between Alabama and Mississippi, or between Indiana and Ohio, etc.

Dunno if I posted this, so I'm going to.

This is a map from my 'With Liberty and Equality' WIPTL (which I sort of forgot about) showing the 'common' definition of the regions of the United States; as I don't feel like editing in a key I'm just going to list them.
I did not original ly make this to be a stand alone map, but rather a shrunken down version would be included within another map, but I don't have time to do said map at present.

Great Lakes States
Midwest/Plains States
Mountain West
New England
Northeast/Columbia
Pacific North West
Southwest
South Central
The South/Dixonia
Upper South/Vandalia
Caribbean
Pacific/Pacifica

Regions of the United States (WL&E).png

Last edited:

Agricola64

Banned
There have been a few Emberverse maps here before, but all of them are general political outlines and nothing more specific.. I decided to make an attempt to map the factions of the first trilogy. This includes my take on the (rather vague at times) internal borders of the PPA. I am well aware many of these baronies were not mentioned in the books. This is still a work in progress, and if I got any locations wrong, my apologies. Comments and constructive criticism are welcome.
View attachment 302015

-- Corvallis extends further south; the Warm Springs federation is in the northwest of what's marked as CORA.

It would be interesting to take in account some archaic naming, such as Alemain in English, Alemagna or Tedeschia in Italian, and of course Suðrvegr (which I dodn't really get why it wasn't implemented in CKII)

Suðrvegr has a certain ring to it. It could be used in many ways, for example in a Norse Empire TL, or in a NO HRE TL as an alternative name for Brandenburg, maybe spelled Sudwegen or Southway.

Jcw3

Banned
upload_2017-1-17_13-41-36.png

Have I posted this map yet? It was an attempt at starting a Defiance map, but drawing the countries and reshaping the landscape...ugh. I just stopped after a while. If anyone wants to do a Defiance world map, here you go.

Jcw3

Banned
upload_2017-1-17_16-42-35.png

Preview of my next map. Modern day Poland ISOTed to Napoleonic Wars, and the economic/military union that grows out of their involvement in that war has now (as of 2016) grown into a nation all on its own. Only continental Europe is finished thus far.

Attachments

• upload_2017-1-17_16-37-52.png
    upload_2017-1-17_16-37-52.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 245
Preview of my next map. Modern day Poland ISOTed to Napoleonic Wars, and the economic/military union that grows out of their involvement in that war has now (as of 2016) grown into a nation all on its own. Only continental Europe is finished thus far.

Interesting. Is this part of a larger TL?

Status
Not open for further replies.