Status
Not open for further replies.
Really nice map!

May I ask were/how you acquired the base map?
It was 3 base maps one from the Polish Army Cartography two of geological regions of oil deposits, and the last was agricultural map of the arabian peninsula. All can be found on Luna Browser or on google. A good tutorial by my friend Markus can be found here on youtube and he walks you through all the steps

It was 3 base maps one from the Polish Army Cartography two of geological regions of oil deposits, and the last was agricultural map of the arabian peninsula. All can be found on Luna Browser or on google. A good tutorial by my friend Markus can be found here on youtube and he walks you through all the steps

Oh, so you traced other maps :eek:

Lots of work... :coldsweat:

Jcw3

Banned
Nice, but I'd think the Polish Union or whatever it's called would be a bit less centralized-looking: there are currently some 39 million Poles, the Holy Roman Empire in 1800 plus the Netherlands had 31 millions, and Russia over 30 million people, both with higher birth rates. That's a lot of people to assimilate.

These days, it's more of a union of equals than Poland and friends.

PT.png

This is my first map on this website. I challenge you to guess what this map is about. (Explanation coming soon)

These days, it's more of a union of equals than Poland and friends.

The issue I'm having is that the administrative subdivisions sometimes ignore existing ethnic divisions, and there does not seem to be any higher level of territorial subdivisions. I can't see the Poles having _initially_ set up a political system in which Poles could be outvoted by early 19th century Germans and Russians, so I wonder how this evolved.

Jcw3

Banned
The issue I'm having is that the administrative subdivisions sometimes ignore existing ethnic divisions, and there does not seem to be any higher level of territorial subdivisions. I can't see the Poles having _initially_ set up a political system in which Poles could be outvoted by early 19th century Germans and Russians, so I wonder how this evolved.

Economic union, set up by the Poles to ensure that Europe would never go into a huge war with itself, and that it would be in an economic alliance, similar to the EU, but with Warsaw on top. Confederation of Germans into larger nation-state. Russian revolt against their autocratic rulers, devolves into anarchy and a Russian state is established under heavy Polish occupation. This is all by 1830s. Peace reigns in Europe, Germany and Russia modernize, the elites growing more and more in touch with Polish sensibilities. The Internet and other modern amenities spread throughout Europe and gradually the rest of the world, and by the 1900s, every educated European speaks Polish. Eventually, they decide to start doing away with pleasantries like borders.

Are Germans and Russians Polish? No. They consider themselves Europeans, and Europeans just happen to speak Polish as a common language. Polish at work, German at home.

The state with the Polish color is the European Economic Association (in English, a sort of common language on this world, quaternary to Polish, German, and French in economic circles). The capital isn't even in Warsaw, it's in Vilnius.

Last edited:
Here is the beginning in a series of maps showing potential German gains if they won WW1. There will probably be 1-2 more maps of Northern France, showing more ambitious German gains than in this map. Maybe one of all of Europe, or Eastern Europe. Feedback encouraged.
german_aquisitions_smaller.png

Yellow shows German annexations, red outline shows German sphere of control (Belgium is a puppet state)

Here is the beginning in a series of maps showing potential German gains if they won WW1. There will probably be 1-2 more maps of Northern France, showing more ambitious German gains than in this map. Maybe one of all of Europe, or Eastern Europe. Feedback encouraged.
View attachment 304403
Yellow shows German annexations, red outline shows German sphere of control (Belgium is a puppet state)

This one looks quite plausible.

Status
Not open for further replies.