Map Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been out of the loop for too long... who would people say is the best map guy on the forum at the moment?

That's a hugely subjective question, especially when you're asking for the one specific person who is "best". Even if you asked my opinion, I couldn't tell you, because there are huge differences between techniques for different kinds of maps, and no one person is really good at all of them.

I've been out of the loop for too long... who would people say is the best map guy on the forum at the moment?

Hard to tell. The gap has been significantly closed once people adopted Munroism. Now people can keep text on one image without cluttering up a map or such. It depends what you are looking for really, and whether you want a map as a side dish, the main course, an equal partner, or the only thing.

Gah, ninja'd.

I too am working on a Future Avatar world map. TL is (mostly) worked out, though I haven't finished writing it down yet - too much other things to do. :eek:

Good Luck!!!! Personally I don't like those small Avatar maps though, and that's why I used this one. (Hope you do the same...:rolleyes:)

I don't think I'm going to do a full TL with maps for this one though... I didn't get too many comments, and why waist time on something that isn't gonna get much attention. You won't have any competition from me.

But I do always look forward to Avatar maps and TLs. I'll be waiting for yours. :)

@ rvbomally and EBR; thanks for nice feedback :eek:

I've always felt that some of the best maps on this site are those made by people who have mastered techniques more advanced than paint and worlda maps. Rvbomalley and LScatilina are definitely up there, I'd have to check to find the other names.

Why do you ask, DominusNovus?

Here's a work in progress on an alternate, federal Britain. I do know the names look awful when overlaid over the country names, I'll fix that later, once I have an idea of how to fix it.

9TxZ17E.png

Got back from fishin', so I decided to drop a little WiP on y'all this evening. Someday, I swear, I'll make a super Mexico map to try to make up for screwing Mexico out on so many of my maps. :p It's based on one of Martin23230's maps where Cromwell lived 10 years longer and better established the Commonwealth. Not really a map to be taken seriously, more just a fun idea, and as always Martin23230 is a god among men and hopefully won't be mad for using his idea. Anyway, here it is so far, green is the Empire of Maryland, red is the Commonwealth of New England, purple-ish is French Canada, and orange is Russian North America, better known as Novorossiya:

LB9U0W7.jpg

Deleted member 67076

Got back from fishin', so I decided to drop a little WiP on y'all this evening. Someday, I swear, I'll make a super Mexico map to try to make up for screwing Mexico out on so many of my maps. :p It's based on one of Martin23230's maps where Cromwell lived 10 years longer and better established the Commonwealth. Not really a map to be taken seriously, more just a fun idea, and as always Martin23230 is a god among men and hopefully won't be mad for using his idea. Anyway, here it is so far, green is the Empire of Maryland, red is the Commonwealth of New England, purple-ish is French Canada, and orange is Russian North America, better known as Novorossiya:
Russian Cascadia is something I want to see at some point in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.