Map Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Provinces_of_France copy copy.png
If the capital of France was moved to Poiters,assuming Alienor does not divorce Luis.

Provinces_of_France copy copy.png

Last edited:
Here is my revised Ameriwank map.
I need names for divided Honshu states
For Cornwall, I'm using the Cornish language being stronger due to Wales taking Cornwall from England at the Peace of Wight. This Cornish language has a great deal more Welsh words then here. Thus an never-shrunken Cornwall.
Any comments and critiques?

Edit: Added the State of Mobile
Edit: Changed Cornwall to Dumnonia

The United States only.png

Last edited:
What? If there is a single entity named 'Wales' its already much much too late for Cornwall at the size, your timeline going in for some hard core ethnic cleansing? Dumnonia died in the 8th century - you can't have a USA with the same states as the OTL with a PoD that keeps Cornwall that big.

Here is my revised Ameriwank map.
I need names for divided Honshu states
For Cornwall, I'm using the Cornish language being stronger due to Wales taking Cornwall from England at the Peace of Wight. This Cornish language has a great deal more Welsh words then here. Thus an never-shrunken Cornwall.

Edit: Added the State of Mobile

I hate to be a jerk, but think you could refrain from posting this again until its less of an eye-sore? I applaud your fervor, but this is just bad in so many ways...

The best suggestion I can make is to shrink it down so that the borders are single, indistinguishable pixels, and instead of typing the names inside the states, have a key for the map - a legend where you place all the names. That way, the map will be far more easily viewed (and prettier to boot!) while retaining the reader's ability to see which state is which.

Just a thought.

What? If there is a single entity named 'Wales' its already much much too late for Cornwall at the size, your timeline going in for some hard core ethnic cleansing? Dumnonia died in the 8th century - you can't have a USA with the same states as the OTL with a PoD that keeps Cornwall that big.

Okay, I give up, think of a good name for that state. No "West County" please!

The Cornish language is slowly growing from near-extinction. the State of Dumnonia (New name) has made Cornish language classes mandatory on primary schools, voluntary in secondary schools, and there is a good scholarship for people who got good marks on their end-of-school tests in Cornish (if volunteered)

Do this sound good to you, I am willing to change it.

I hate to be a jerk, but think you could refrain from posting this again until its less of an eye-sore? I applaud your fervor, but this is just bad in so many ways...

The best suggestion I can make is to shrink it down so that the borders are single, indistinguishable pixels, and instead of typing the names inside the states, have a key for the map - a legend where you place all the names. That way, the map will be far more easily viewed (and prettier to boot!) while retaining the reader's ability to see which state is which.

Just a thought.

Than you for being honest, I appreciate it.
I shall look for a big map, perfect for my uses.
The key is a good idea.

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but Cornwall is Cornwall, a place whose small size in area and population seems to surprise everybody. Here it is.

Once, languages closely related to modern Welsh were spoken over large parts of England and Scotland. That didn't mean that the Marches, or Cumbria (Cymru), or my native Lothian (names like "Arthur's Seat" and "Penicuik" testify to the speaking of Old Brython here in the past) were ever part of Cornwall, which is a particular place that does not include Devon.

Sorry to sound like a broken record, but Cornwall is Cornwall, a place whose small size in area and population seems to surprise everybody. Here it is.

Once, languages closely related to modern Welsh were spoken over large parts of England and Scotland. That didn't mean that the Marches, or Cumbria (Cymru), or my native Lothian (names like "Arthur's Seat" and "Penicuik" testify to the speaking of Old Brython here in the past) were ever part of Cornwall, which is a particular place that does not include Devon.

I know this and will change it from Cornwall to Dumnonia

By the way , I am going to set up a thread to discuss the map to refine it. when the map is finished, I'll post it here. Thank you for your help.

Ramazan World,2002.
The Sino-Indian Border War is about to start, and Russia has fallen into civil war.

Communist Republics
Congolese communist Ideas look like partially revised Mao China.
Australian and South African Ideas are a bit closer to the original Marixst ideas, with a little bit of deviation.
  1. People`s Federation of the Congo
  2. Cameroon (Congolese)
  3. Nigeria (Congolese)
  4. Togo (Congolese)
  5. Benin (Congolese)
  6. Ghana (Congolese)
  7. Ivory Coast (Congolese)
  8. Liberia (Congolese)
  9. Guinea (Congolese)
  10. People`s Federation of South Africa
  11. Madagascar (South African)
  12. Rwanda-Burundi (South African)
  13. Tangayika (South African)
  14. Kenya (South African)
  15. Uganda (South African)
  16. Somalia (South African)
  17. Dijbouti (South African)
  18. Eritrea (South African)
  19. Phillipenes (South African)
  20. Russian Revolutionaries (South African)
  21. People`s Federation of Australia
  22. Majapahit (Australian)
  23. Paraguay(Australian)
  24. Albania (Australian)
  25. Vietnam (Australian)

2002.png

Here the first map from my timeline A Gilded Cross. Shortly after the 1st crusade. Which was lead by the Normans shortly after the Battle of Manizkert.

41ZYA.jpg

Here the first map from my timeline A Gilded Cross. Shortly after the 1st crusade. Which was lead by the Normans shortly after the Battle of Manizkert.

Borders a bit blobby, but very nice-looking. And there were actual nomads called blemmyes, rather than chaps with heads in their chests: learn something new every day.

(One quibble: the Bulgars should be a bit further south, centered at the Volga bend at Kazan and extending slighly south of the "beak" at modern Kubybyshev. At least according to the historical maps I've seen)

Bruce

Correct. Your Old Bulgar in fact sits atop Yaroslavl, Kostroma, Galich and the northern half of the Nizovye, as well as parts of the Vyatka lands.

Bulgar itself should be on the bend and all the bigger sities - Sary, Qashan, Kazan, Yelabuga, Bilyar etc. are scattered around there.

Tmutarakan Principality is too generously large - including most of the Kasogian lands. Nonetheless, I really like the map.

The only way to make it completely perfect is to twist it diagonally to cover up the unmarked spaces, or deal with those unmarked spaces in some other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.