Map Thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.
The river has an estuary yes but the river is not an estuary. The estuary is that open part that flows into the ocean.
I don't know about other people, but when I think of the Río de la Plata or of "the estuary", I think of the circled area.

riodelaplata.png

I don't know about other people, but when I think of the Río de la Plata or of "the estuary", I think of the circled area.

That makes me think, with some different colonization their could've been a very large city (maybe New York size) along where the Estuary and large part of the river meet.

Thank you.

One could argue that Buenos Aires is pretty big, but I'm not sure even with different colonization, if a large metropolis could be made.

I haven't been able to verify, but I would think the part where the rivers end and the Estuary begins would be pretty swampy.
Not that that stopped Houston from being built. Or any number of cities on swamps.

@trollhole: Is there a legend for this map? Hard to say what's going on in South America, for example.

Mathuen

Banned
Okay... I'm going to post this again, only this time working with MKN's color for the FRNA and some other smaller stuff. Please, someone just tell me if the text for Jacksonville looks okay on this map.
go1.png

Okay... I'm going to post this again, only this time working with MKN's color for the FRNA and some other smaller stuff. Please, someone just tell me if the text for Jacksonville looks okay on this map.

I wonder if the Jacksonville might work better off to the right, outside the border - where the border crosses the upright of the 'n' is suboptimal.

Mathuen

Banned
I wonder if the Jacksonville might work better off to the right, outside the border - where the border crosses the upright of the 'n' is suboptimal.

I had thought that as well, but then it looked kind of odd when all of the other were on top. Though I'll look to see what happens if I move them all to the right.

I had thought that as well, but then it looked kind of odd when all of the other were on top. Though I'll look to see what happens if I move them all to the right.

Well, another thought is to move the text below the marker, and have the marker roughly over the 'll' in the name.

Why's that? What makes it less viable than using a river as a border, which many countries do?

In highland regions rivers tend to have valleys, so I suppose they often make barriers, while near the sea they spread out into open plains and so tend to have easy transit I guess.

It's just meant to show what I was meaning..

That said, the Western border of Nicaragua and Honduras and the southern portion of the Nigeria-Cameroon border both end in one as does the Iraqi-Kuqaiti border and, depending on definition the Iranian-Iraqi border as well.

Well with Iraq-Kuwait there isn't much choice.:p

Nigeria-Cameroon and Nicaragua are from the Scramble, which produced some rather odd borders. Still, I was mostly against those people who use the entire length of a major river for a border, something that happens pretty rarely in real life. Parts yes, but rarely the whole thing.

I've Munroificated the map I last posted. I'll add footnotes according to what people ask about. After all, its all straight forward in my head, I don't know what needs explaining!

flyingtheflagmapmunroist.png

Just a somewhat older map showing the division of Mongol lands between the sons of Chingiz (and his daughters/their husbands as well).

Clearly I need to work on making the labeling clearer.

CHINGIZCHILDREN.jpg

Germany has advanced into the Baltic States and have created new states. Though Tsarist Russia has successfully crushed the revolution, many communists now reside in Latvia and Estonia. Germany has created Poland. However, Poland is highly Militarized. Two Months after the successful German invasion, Russia signed a peace treaty which gives Germany some military bases in Finland. This is almost an outrage throughout Russia.

Austria and Hungary seperated. They both decided to seperate the land that was set out for them, through the Kingdoms boundaries during Austria-Hungary. Austria has advanced into Russia with the Germans to establish a foothold on the border. Hungary is currently setting up in Romania.

Germany has successfully defeated the French, after the victory in Russia. A massive troop transfer took place, and the French were defeated. The Balkanization began. Several states were established but the French held onto the peninsula of Brittany. Germany gets the French Territories in North Africa, but lost all their original colonies in Africa.

axisvict2.png

Disclaimer: Not supposed to be super plausible, if it is please notify me. . . To make me feel better XD

I've Munroificated the map I last posted. I'll add footnotes according to what people ask about. After all, its all straight forward in my head, I don't know what needs explaining!

Those German borders seriously beg for an explanation.

Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.