Map Thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.
But IOTL, the British transported coolies to Mautitius and so on by taking water from the Ganges in big cauldrons on the ship, therefore still offering the chance of reincarnation. .

Huh. Learn something new every day.

The entirely silly analogy that springs to mind is a Vampire bringing along a coffin full of their native soil when they travel abroad... :p

Bruce

The entirely silly analogy that springs to mind is a Vampire bringing along a coffin full of their native soil when they travel abroad... :p

Bruce

Well, the ancient Vampire race did rule from India. :p

*A cookie to the first person who gets the reference.

I'm wondering if some of those small Central Idian ones ought not to be Muslim; IOTL their were significant (their still are, but greatly reduced) Muslim minorities throughout Central India, centered around Hyderabad.
I think you're referring to various exclaves of Gondia-Kolam which I think would be either majority or plurality Hindu with indigenous religions second. The Hyderabad area is split between Telangana, Kannadiga Bhumi and Maratha (pretty much like OTL with Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Maharashtra) so Muslims would be outnumbered by Hindus in all three states.

Also, you should change it from 'State Religious Majority' to 'Prevailing Religions by State' since, as you've noted yourself, atleast one state does not have a majority of anything.
Yeah you're right, like I said above I think Gondia-Kolam would be another one.

Oh, and I'm wondering if Bengal would actually be majority Hindu rather than Muslim; presently the area is 50% Muslim and 48% hindu, however before the partitions their were Hindu population in East Bengal and and Muslim Populations in West Bengal, so depending on how things played out, it's very possible that those could be reversed.
Yeah it's gonna be a pretty even split. The borders of Bengal are different to OTL West Bengal and Bangladesh, particularly in the north and east where there's indigenous religions and Christians to further complicate it.

Lastly, Munda may actually be majority 'Other' rather than Hindu, as late as 1909 the majority of the area (based on eyeing and comparing maps) followed Indigenous Beliefs, or 'Animists' as the British used to call them.
I think you're right there. Unfortunately I flattened the map (to convert it to PNG) and then saved so it's quite hard to edit now :(.

I have looked at my very first entry to a Map Thread.

It was awful.

So, I decided to refine it, and along the way, thought "This would look better as an Dominion of Britain..."

So, introducing the United States' still-born brother, the Federated Commonwealths of America...

After the Washington Rebellion was quashed, America was held under tyrannical rule by the Tories, which lasted for 30 years. Then came the Thousand People's Petition and the Great Reformation that led to an independent, Loyalist America... Then came the Bonapartist War, started by British Prime Minister Leonard Bonaparte against France for his native land, Corsica. American Prime Minister Meriwether Lewis sided with him and ordered the invasion of French Louisianne. This succeeded and America's land area was doubled. The Hudson Purchase also happened, in which Britain sold America its Hudson Territory for a pittance. The Oregon Territory, as a compromise, was put into an condinimum with the Russian Empire. Eventually, in 1836, the Russians ceded their control to the Yanks, in return for the extension of Russian Alyeska. When Russia started losing to China in the Sino-Russian War of 1857, Russia ensured Anglo-American intervention by ceding Alyeska to America. Spain, which sided with China, had Cuba and Puerto Rico invaded and conquered by America, which demanded it in the Peace of Beijing. Hawaii peacefully joined the FCA by referendum in 1901, which allowed it to maintain its monarchy.

UCA.png

I tried to create an Axis of Time scenario for Making History, and this is sort of what happened when I played as the Soviet Union. USSR, allies, occupied territories. Sweeping across India and North Africa was too easy.

Temp.png

Here's a Three Emperor's League Wank.

Fun features: Austrian Constantinople
German Korea
Northern Japan as Russian colony
German Phillipines
Other stuff

ThreeEmperorsLeagueWank.PNG

I tried to create an Axis of Time scenario for Making History, and this is sort of what happened when I played as the Soviet Union. USSR, allies, occupied territories. Sweeping across India and North Africa was too easy.

All hail the independent state of the New Siberian Islands!

...Damn. That's actually a pretty cool concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.