Map of the Fortnight: Main Discussion Thread

I never seriously implied there a super duper seekwet MoTF cabal, that would be much cooler than the current problem. I was just saying that if you don't have any suggestions, why not use that wiki list which has so many cool ideas. It's concerning that so much potential is just being neglected like this.

Maybe it's because the link to it at the beginning of the thread is broken, must be a faulty software upgrade of dokuwiki.

If you want to keep the current systems of direct nominations going though, than here are my nominations from the almighty list:

Always the Bridesmaid: Make a map showing a secondary power that is constantly overshadowed by a more powerful ally.

Don't look at them, my child: Make a map showing the main population areas of an underclass in a country.

Feign Themselves Just Men: Make a map showing a region or country which is the focal point for espionage conflict between two nations in an ATL Cold War.

Guns of the X: Make a map showing a world where a group of time travelers go back in time to give a group anachronistically powerful weapons.

Like A Phoenix Rising: Make a map showing a city that was once great but declined in OTL, that in your map either never declined or rose to be great again.

No, WE'RE The Real Government: Make a map showing a country during a civil war that's gone on long enough that most people outside the country just think of it as having split into multiple countries. Examples from OTL would be Korea with the ROK vs. the DPRK, or China with the PRC vs. the ROC.

The Sick Man: Make a map showing a declining great power.

Zek Sora explained it better than I could have. If more people put out suggestions, then I'd just pick the one people seem to like the most. There's no point in putting up a poll when three to four people submit maps in each contest, anyway. If it was more active, with like fifteen people participating in each round, then it'd be a bit more entrant-run. But, considering there's basically the equivalent of one usable suggestion every week, it's not hard to pick one that works. Although, maybe the way to get more mapmakers to enter is to try new things, so I'll take any suggestions people have for me as the contest-runner. I should definitely be a bit more active and on-top of things. :)

Krall

Banned
I was just popping in to see what the most recent challenge is, and I noticed the deadline in the OP for the most recent one is incorrect - it says the entry period ends on the 18th, whereas I believe it should be the 1st of January. :p