Map Continuation 3 - Map 5 - Mediccia (South America)

So, are we pretty much agreed on the borders posted by Sovereign12? If so, all we need is a better name for Patagonia and a name for North America and then we can move on to the next map.
For North America, something along the lines of Magna Thule would be appropriate.

Last edited:
I still propose Septentria - it's not Nordic, I know, but then, the Latin languages still dominate trade and commerce, it'd probably get a Latinish name anyway.

(Septentria is a contraction of Septentrionalia, or Terra Septentrionalis).

For North America, something along the lines of Manga Thule would be appropriate.

I still propose Septentria - it's not Nordic, I know, but then, the Latin languages still dominate trade and commerce, it'd probably get a Latinish name anyway.

(Septentria is a contraction of Septentrionalia, or Terra Septentrionalis).

I like Magna Thule, since in an earlier thread I said Thulia would make a good name for NA.

I also like Septentria.

"Northern land". Based on the seven stars in Ursa Major.

But it wasn't in the North, at least if compared with Europe (and there wasn't Mediccia yet). It was in the West. "Occidental land" (Terra Occidentalia) would make more sense if we consider when it was discovered, and by who.

But something derived from "Thule" will be even more creative.

--

Who will create the poll?

But it wasn't in the North, at least if compared with Europe (and there wasn't Mediccia yet). It was in the West. "Occidental land" (Terra Occidentalia) would make more sense if we consider when it was discovered, and by who.

But something derived from "Thule" will be even more creative.

--

Who will create the poll?

If we discover the Northern part first, it'll be fairly north.

If we discover the Northern part first, it'll be fairly north.
See the image. For Europe, the discovered lands are clearly in the West. For the Norsemen that discovered it, it's almost in the Southwest :p

Barely.

And I think "Western Land" in Latin would be "Terra Occidentalis", not "Terra Occidentalia".
Yes, you're right. It was a typo.

north.png