Should the President be able to be re-elected in consecutive terms?

• Yes

Votes: 24 96.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is this forum still going?

Since you're new I won't get mad, but posting on a thread after months of no content is considering Necroing and is a kickable offense.

However, since I am partly responsible here, the concern is understandable. School just ended today, so I hope to be posting something, if anything, in the coming week.

Since you're new I won't get mad, but posting on a thread after months of no content is considering Necroing and is a kickable offense.

However, since I am partly responsible here, the concern is understandable. School just ended today, so I hope to be posting something, if anything, in the coming week.
Hoping for it... Specially in Gihren's Glory....

However, since I am partly responsible here, the concern is understandable. School just ended today, so I hope to be posting something, if anything, in the coming week

How is it a kickable offense?

I didn't respond because I don't know how to respond and while I've gotten passionate over my other projects, I look back at it and feel that it could have been done a lot better or that how it currently is is not as good as it could be. If I don't get something up by early March then it will continue to be in hiatus.

I didn't respond because I don't know how to respond and while I've gotten passionate over my other projects, I look back at it and feel that it could have been done a lot better or that how it currently is is not as good as it could be. If I don't get something up by early March then it will continue to be in hiatus.
I really enjoyed this when it was active and I know I'm not alone in saying I miss it...

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
All I did was ask a question, what the heck is necro?
It is digging a dead thread out of the grave and violating the corpse.

You know that information warning box that said

1579485721523.png

The one you went ahead and clicked on despite the clear warning?

That is pretty much a dead giveaway that you should not respond or post in the thread unless you are the thread starter

Kindly do not repeat. It isn't a repeated warning sort of thing.

Concluding Notes. Thank You Everyone For Your Time
Hello everyone, Kaiser Chris here. I am so sorry to say that this is not an update to the TL as unfortunately, at least for now...Lone Star Republic will be frozen/put on hiatus, hopefully not permanently as I'll explain later below. Lone Star Republic was my first story that I ever wrote and as such it holds a very important and special place in my heart. Through this story I connected with so many wonderful and amazing people and became a part of the AH Community. I won a Turtledove and expanded my love for Alternatehistory and writing. I love this story and I cannot express enough my gratitude towards readers for giving this story a shot, and from the bottom of my heart I most sincerely apologize for failing you in updating this story and never giving it a proper conclusion. I apologize for this, for letting you down, but I could not in good faith after cleaning up my old projects continue to let the hope of a continuation carry on any longer. I love this story, but I do not have the ability to continue it in its current form. This is due to four factors:
  • Lack of Passion: I have many projects currently under my belt with various degrees of passion, but most importantly for almost everything I have a clear cut plan and a motivation and passion to complete it someday, passion which is unfortunately lacking here. When this started out I used to do near daily updates and spend hours upon hours dedicated to writing Lone Star Republic, but over time the passion drifted away and the TL became more of an obligation than something I passionately wrote for fun. After a couple months of the hiatus, Lone Star Republic was nonexistent on my mind except for some vague long-term plans and silent urges to end my procrastination, and for the past two years I have thought of it pretty much zero until recently. My decision to officially close the timeline came from an internal debate where I took a long hard look at this and while I presented myself with arguments to close it, I didn't even bother to defend why I should continue it, and I didn't care. I'm sorry, but I just lost the motivation, I failed myself and you readers.
  • Lack of Knowledge: As much as I am fond and in love with this TL, there are some parts of it that I am slightly ashamed and embarassed by such as the narrative interludes, pop culture stuff, random ass future references for political and cultural developments, my complete lack of research beyond Wikipedia and a few articles, making up military combat without any comprehension of historical warfare, creating OC historical people, referencing my favorite pop culture people or fictional characters, etc. As a student of history I am very knowledgable on multiple subjects, but there are few subjects where I have a deep knowledge on in comparison to many other brilliant writers on this site whose Althistory TLs show a ton of knowledge and intimate research and study of the subject which I rarely applied. The one great exception being Texas Freedman, my favorite chapter and in my opinion the Magnum Opus of this work due to the hard historical research I undertook in regards to the subject. I just couldn't continue writing with all of the wacky and nonsensical divergences and details that I had written. However, I will not delete any of my chapters as they are signs of my journey as a writer and I still somewhat enjoy their entertainment value as I know many of you do.
  • Lack of Time: So to be fair this one probably isn't too great since I've had time to create and work on many other projects since this has been on hiatus, but after the hiatus started there were many developments which kept on pushing me back and lead to my lack of passion such as increase of difficulty in college, getting a job, social commitments, graduation, family affairs, COVID and quarantine, etc. My time was increasingly limited compared to the glory days of the beginning of this TL when I was in my last year in high school/starting out college and could blitz work without care, also not helped by my increasing project list which is totally my fault.
  • Lack of Planning: Probably the issue that bites me in the ass more than the other three and is the main conclusion, Lack of Planning. Throughout this story I had made plenty of future references to the world and talked of a grand plan for the course of this TL, and while I still remember most of my ambitions and goals, I never bothered to write it down on paper so some key details escape me, and instead of a detailed outline, I just had a path where we would reach 2036 for Texas with some key moments jotted down of important politicans, events, alliances, wars, cultural developments, etc. After the Great War I had no idea what the hell was going to happen besides Civil War against Fascist Britain and Civil Rights along with some space travel. This was a huge mistake on my part and I definitely learned my lesson with all of my other stories now having clear plans from the beginning. If I were to dedicate myself now to it I could probably make a soft reboot and move forward with a clear path to the end, though all of the factors above prevent it from happening.
Fortunately there is some light at the end of the tunnel for fans of this TL. I'm planning on making a novel! Thanks to encouragement from my family and friends along with lots of inspiration, I am going to attempt to become a professional author. There are currently two books that I am in the midst of planning that I will try to write and publish as my first novels. The first one is a Military-Thriller Sci Fi set around a Space American Revolution with themes of historical rhyming and colonialism, the second is an adaptation of Lone Star Republic into a novel in two different possible forms. The first is a standard TL following a format of Sorario's "Footprint of Mussolinni" and TheHedgehog's "Wilmot Provisio" and "Clay's America". It's going to be either a textbook or series of excerpt from in-universe historical books covering Texas from roughly 1836-1866 along with North America and at some parts the greater world. The second possible option is a traditional narrative novel focusing on a cast of Texans as the Republic of Texas does some introspection in a battle for the soul of the nation as the question of slavery and race heats up with the neighboring American Civil War while Napoleon's adventures in Mexico force the legacy of the Revolution to come back haunting with a vengance. Going to be formatted mostly similar to a Turtledove novel (Though without the gross and creepy sex scenes) and will cover the 1860's with the first book showing the beginnings of the North American Crisis and Texas' inciting divisions.

Each format has its strengths and weaknesses. The first will take a shorter time as there will be a lot of transplating from Lone Star Republic with some major cleaning in historical realism and addition of chapters focusing on unique aspects of contemporary culture, economy and politics. However, this isn't necessarily the most popular form of Alternatehistory and thus not the most profitable or easy to advertise and without visual aids of a online TL can be difficult to follow. The second will allow me to reach a wider audience with greater potential for an expansive franchise and can allow for easy connection. However there would come the difficulties of writing an original plot and trying to recreate the feel of 1860's North America through the viewpoints of the characters, meaning a lot of research on culture and contemporary life and weapons along with difficulties of portraying touchy contemporary subject, will take a lot longer to publish. If you are interested in reading a Lone Star Republic series as a professional novel, please vote in the below poll on which format you prefer:

Perhaps if the series is successful enough or once I have significantly cut down my online projects of fan works I can continue this with clear planning, passion, knowledge and time, or just make a Redux. Heck I could just continue the TL and use it as an experimental story to spitball ideas before rework in the novels. Whatever happens though, this will remain free and available for everyone to see.

It has been a long journey everyone, and while I'm sad to see this go, I am SO GRATEFUL for everyone who gave this story from an amateur author a shot and were entertained in some way. Hearing everyone give their words of praise and excitement and enjoyment has meant the world to me and deeply and profoundly impacted my journey as a writer. Thank you everyone, you are the best and I don't deserve such great readers as you. Hopefully within the near future I'll release that novel or continue/reboot this TL. But until then, this is goodbye. This has been Kaiser Chris, signing off from the great Lone Star Republic. Yeehaw!

This was the first timeline I ever followed on this site, so it’s sad to see it go. Though I completely get your decision to want to move on to other things. Best of luck with your future projects, and thanks for taking the time to write Lone Star Republic in the first place. It was a good time.

Hello everyone, Kaiser Chris here. I am so sorry to say that this is not an update to the TL as unfortunately, at least for now...Lone Star Republic will be frozen/put on hiatus, hopefully not permanently as I'll explain later below. Lone Star Republic was my first story that I ever wrote and as such it holds a very important and special place in my heart. Through this story I connected with so many wonderful and amazing people and became a part of the AH Community. I won a Turtledove and expanded my love for Alternatehistory and writing. I love this story and I cannot express enough my gratitude towards readers for giving this story a shot, and from the bottom of my heart I most sincerely apologize for failing you in updating this story and never giving it a proper conclusion. I apologize for this, for letting you down, but I could not in good faith after cleaning up my old projects continue to let the hope of a continuation carry on any longer. I love this story, but I do not have the ability to continue it in its current form. This is due to four factors:
  • Lack of Passion: I have many projects currently under my belt with various degrees of passion, but most importantly for almost everything I have a clear cut plan and a motivation and passion to complete it someday, passion which is unfortunately lacking here. When this started out I used to do near daily updates and spend hours upon hours dedicated to writing Lone Star Republic, but over time the passion drifted away and the TL became more of an obligation than something I passionately wrote for fun. After a couple months of the hiatus, Lone Star Republic was nonexistent on my mind except for some vague long-term plans and silent urges to end my procrastination, and for the past two years I have thought of it pretty much zero until recently. My decision to officially close the timeline came from an internal debate where I took a long hard look at this and while I presented myself with arguments to close it, I didn't even bother to defend why I should continue it, and I didn't care. I'm sorry, but I just lost the motivation, I failed myself and you readers.
  • Lack of Knowledge: As much as I am fond and in love with this TL, there are some parts of it that I am slightly ashamed and embarassed by such as the narrative interludes, pop culture stuff, random ass future references for political and cultural developments, my complete lack of research beyond Wikipedia and a few articles, making up military combat without any comprehension of historical warfare, creating OC historical people, referencing my favorite pop culture people or fictional characters, etc. As a student of history I am very knowledgable on multiple subjects, but there are few subjects where I have a deep knowledge on in comparison to many other brilliant writers on this site whose Althistory TLs show a ton of knowledge and intimate research and study of the subject which I rarely applied. The one great exception being Texas Freedman, my favorite chapter and in my opinion the Magnum Opus of this work due to the hard historical research I undertook in regards to the subject. I just couldn't continue writing with all of the wacky and nonsensical divergences and details that I had written. However, I will not delete any of my chapters as they are signs of my journey as a writer and I still somewhat enjoy their entertainment value as I know many of you do.
  • Lack of Time: So to be fair this one probably isn't too great since I've had time to create and work on many other projects since this has been on hiatus, but after the hiatus started there were many developments which kept on pushing me back and lead to my lack of passion such as increase of difficulty in college, getting a job, social commitments, graduation, family affairs, COVID and quarantine, etc. My time was increasingly limited compared to the glory days of the beginning of this TL when I was in my last year in high school/starting out college and could blitz work without care, also not helped by my increasing project list which is totally my fault.
  • Lack of Planning: Probably the issue that bites me in the ass more than the other three and is the main conclusion, Lack of Planning. Throughout this story I had made plenty of future references to the world and talked of a grand plan for the course of this TL, and while I still remember most of my ambitions and goals, I never bothered to write it down on paper so some key details escape me, and instead of a detailed outline, I just had a path where we would reach 2036 for Texas with some key moments jotted down of important politicans, events, alliances, wars, cultural developments, etc. After the Great War I had no idea what the hell was going to happen besides Civil War against Fascist Britain and Civil Rights along with some space travel. This was a huge mistake on my part and I definitely learned my lesson with all of my other stories now having clear plans from the beginning. If I were to dedicate myself now to it I could probably make a soft reboot and move forward with a clear path to the end, though all of the factors above prevent it from happening.
Fortunately there is some light at the end of the tunnel for fans of this TL. I'm planning on making a novel! Thanks to encouragement from my family and friends along with lots of inspiration, I am going to attempt to become a professional author. There are currently two books that I am in the midst of planning that I will try to write and publish as my first novels. The first one is a Military-Thriller Sci Fi set around a Space American Revolution with themes of historical rhyming and colonialism, the second is an adaptation of Lone Star Republic into a novel in two different possible forms. The first is a standard TL following a format of Sorario's "Footprint of Mussolinni" and TheHedgehog's "Wilmot Provisio" and "Clay's America". It's going to be either a textbook or series of excerpt from in-universe historical books covering Texas from roughly 1836-1866 along with North America and at some parts the greater world. The second possible option is a traditional narrative novel focusing on a cast of Texans as the Republic of Texas does some introspection in a battle for the soul of the nation as the question of slavery and race heats up with the neighboring American Civil War while Napoleon's adventures in Mexico force the legacy of the Revolution to come back haunting with a vengance. Going to be formatted mostly similar to a Turtledove novel (Though without the gross and creepy sex scenes) and will cover the 1860's with the first book showing the beginnings of the North American Crisis and Texas' inciting divisions.

Each format has its strengths and weaknesses. The first will take a shorter time as there will be a lot of transplating from Lone Star Republic with some major cleaning in historical realism and addition of chapters focusing on unique aspects of contemporary culture, economy and politics. However, this isn't necessarily the most popular form of Alternatehistory and thus not the most profitable or easy to advertise and without visual aids of a online TL can be difficult to follow. The second will allow me to reach a wider audience with greater potential for an expansive franchise and can allow for easy connection. However there would come the difficulties of writing an original plot and trying to recreate the feel of 1860's North America through the viewpoints of the characters, meaning a lot of research on culture and contemporary life and weapons along with difficulties of portraying touchy contemporary subject, will take a lot longer to publish. If you are interested in reading a Lone Star Republic series as a professional novel, please vote in the below poll on which format you prefer:

Perhaps if the series is successful enough or once I have significantly cut down my online projects of fan works I can continue this with clear planning, passion, knowledge and time, or just make a Redux. Heck I could just continue the TL and use it as an experimental story to spitball ideas before rework in the novels. Whatever happens though, this will remain free and available for everyone to see.

It has been a long journey everyone, and while I'm sad to see this go, I am SO GRATEFUL for everyone who gave this story from an amateur author a shot and were entertained in some way. Hearing everyone give their words of praise and excitement and enjoyment has meant the world to me and deeply and profoundly impacted my journey as a writer. Thank you everyone, you are the best and I don't deserve such great readers as you. Hopefully within the near future I'll release that novel or continue/reboot this TL. But until then, this is goodbye. This has been Kaiser Chris, signing off from the great Lone Star Republic. Yeehaw!
I'm a college professor of history, with a podcast. If i can help in any way, i'd love it. You are a great writer.