LENDING WINGS TO PLANET GRYPHON

I am a fan in whom the habit of browsing through diverse novels (Science Fiction & Fantasy in particular) for concepts, characters and any other elements of interest sufficiently intriguing to persuade me they deserve to be picked out and expanded upon is Very Strong - I am therefore very pleased to have found myself in Good Company on this forum and would like to reach out to any interested Parties who might be able to assist me with my latest Project.

That project is based on (based in?) the Galaxy of Honor Harrington, as originated by Mr David Weber and developed upon by a multitude of other talents - though being a most contrarian Fan, my particular interest is much more in Planets and their Ecosystems than in starships and their battles (my interest in the latter is by no means insignificant though, hence my initial interest in this series); after reading the Stephanie Harrington/Star Kingdom novels and gotten a good look at Planet Sphinx as a result, it struck me that it might be interesting to develop Planet Manticore & Planet Gryphon through a series of fan speculations (since we know so little about those planets beyond a few of their Human inhabitants).

As the title of this thread just might suggest, my particular interest lies in Planet Gryphon - described as a tempestuous dustbowl of a planet with just enough greenery to make native life and human settlement possible, though by no means easy; this is a world with cowboys, highlanders and absolutely zero tolerance for the sort of Overbearing, Overweening Aristocratic Selfishness that occasionally makes life in the Star Kingdom of Manticore painfully short and always makes it much, much more difficult (all wrapped up with strong Scottish undertones and some lovely Ski Resorts) - What's not to love?

In any case, having made a modest start in the direction of giving Planet Sphinx's "Ugly Stepsisters" a little more life (and having been aware that neither world was high on the list of Mr Weber's priorities), I was somewhat surprised to discover preexisting Planetary Maps of Gryphon & Manticore on deviantArt.com and duly obliged to reconsider my approach to this little Project, having previously believed the planet's surface to be an undiscovered country.

Having taken a long, hard look at the map in question and decided that one rather liked it, it struck me that I very badly needed the sort of assistance best provided by the experts and enthusiasts whom this forum attracts in multitudes & whose talents it makes a vivid showcase for - I would very much appreciate the assistance of any readers willing to lend me their aid and am already very grateful for your attention, your time and your consideration.

https://sta.sh/01moen6fdfr7

^^As you may have guessed from the location of this thread, I would greatly appreciate the assistance of any contributors who would be willing to assist me by reading this map and helping me work out what the climate zones on this particular planet might look like.^^

I can see where the various landscape features are situated, I can estimate where the local equator probably runs, but the map doesn't give many hints at local climates beyond the very simplest colour-coding (white = "ice here" khaki = "dry here" green= "human civilisation just possible here") and I'm a novice in the fine art of "cooking up" a climate map (as outlined in Geoff's Climate Cookbook).

This makes it difficult for me to work out the state of things "on the ground" in sufficient detail to deduce where Native Life might be most numerous and what forms it might take - not mention which areas would be most suited to HUMAN Life. Quite frankly I would welcome all advice on this subject and be especially delighted if someone could help me construct a "climate map" (the suggestion of names for mountain ranges, oceans and other physical features would also be welcomed).

My good reader, having come this far please let me thank you again for taking the time to read this - I hope you will be kind enough to help me with this task and would like to thank you once again for your consideration.

p.s. If this is, in fact, the WRONG part of the forum for this subject (one worries this might be more "Alien Space Bats" territory), I would be very grateful if someone pointed this out to me and pointed me in the right direction.