Is this a good Axis victory map?

As the title says.

Axis Victory.PNG

For ASB, Writers Forum, Shared Worlds or Graphics possibly

For Post 1900 not a chance in hell, the Axis simply cannot win that big with a reasonable non ASB POD or series of POD

Germany can't even realistically take GB and Japan can't realistically take Hawaii, let alone the US mainland

For ASB, Writers Forum, Shared Worlds or Graphics possibly

For Post 1900 not a chance in hell, the Axis simply cannot win that big with a reasonable non ASB POD or series of POD

Germany can't even realistically take GB and Japan can't realistically take Hawaii, let alone the US mainland

It's a thought experiment.

Assuming they somehow are able to do all that, is this a good Axis victory map?

And I think there would be more puppet states and less direct incorporation of territories: Central Asia and most parts of Russia, maybe even Ukraine would be puppetised, as would most of America and Asia by Japan.

But otherwise, for a Ultimate Solution-like Total Axis Victory, it is a good map.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sabot Cat

Banned
Putting aside the ASB nature of this: What in the world did they do to the North American borders and why? Why even mess around with Mexico?

Deleted member 36284

I agree with the trend in comments here. There is no conceivable way the Axis can hold onto this amount of land, let alone win the war in a fashion that would allow them to control, even temporarily, this vast quantity of territory. If they were able to, they would have to puppet most of the outlying regions. While a defeat of Russia and Britain are theoretically plausible with an early POD and a lot of luck, any axis invasion of the Continental United States or, say, Mexico is complete ASB. It's doubtful that they would be able to maintain control in many of the former colonies of Allied Nations too. To address this, the German border has to end at the Urals and regions like Turkey and Greece should be vassal like, propped up governments controlled by regional, loyal Nazi or Fascist parties (Its doubtful Italy could keep control in Egypt and Sudan, let alone Greece, Turkey and other nations). I'm not really sure why you think Iran, Afghanistan, and Arabia would be successfully conquered and annexed. They would probably be independent (or maybe made into puppets [?]). Some former British Colonies would probably overthrow the British or survive under colonial rule as rump British states (It looks like you did this only for South Africa for some reason). India and Australia are the most obvious examples. This probably means that they avoid invasion either through military strength or peace treaty. Japan has reached its capacity in the east, it is unlikely they would attempt an invasion of India, even if it falls into disarray and splits into multiple independent states. The same is probably true of Australia. In Africa, some colonies might go under German rule, but they already have so much on their plate in Europe and North Africa that they might let them survive as colonial governments, puppets, and independent tribal or native nations. I might have missed something writing this because of the sheer ASB-ness of this map.

In other words, no its not a very good Axis victory Map

Cook

Banned

The most obvious flaw in that map is the Low Countries; the Netherlands and Belgium are shown as still existent. An Axis victory would have seen the Netherlands and the Flemish and German speaking provinces of Belgium incorporated directly into the Reich while the Walloon regions of Belgium would be combined with a significant portion of northern and eastern France to form a new buffer state.

Denmark too was ultimately to become another Gau directly incorporated in the Reich.

A surviving Switzerland is another error.

The incorporation of French North Africa into the Italian Empire was not something Hitler favoured either.

I agree with the trend in comments here. There is no conceivable way the Axis can hold onto this amount of land, let alone win the war in a fashion that would allow them to control, even temporarily, this vast quantity of territory. If they were able to, they would have to puppet most of the outlying regions. While a defeat of Russia and Britain are theoretically plausible with an early POD and a lot of luck, any axis invasion of the Continental United States or, say, Mexico is complete ASB. It's doubtful that they would be able to maintain control in many of the former colonies of Allied Nations too. To address this, the German border has to end at the Urals and regions like Turkey and Greece should be vassal like, propped up governments controlled by regional, loyal Nazi or Fascist parties (Its doubtful Italy could keep control in Egypt and Sudan, let alone Greece, Turkey and other nations). I'm not really sure why you think Iran, Afghanistan, and Arabia would be successfully conquered and annexed. They would probably be independent (or maybe made into puppets [?]). Some former British Colonies would probably overthrow the British or survive under colonial rule as rump British states (It looks like you did this only for South Africa for some reason). India and Australia are the most obvious examples. This probably means that they avoid invasion either through military strength or peace treaty. Japan has reached its capacity in the east, it is unlikely they would attempt an invasion of India, even if it falls into disarray and splits into multiple independent states. The same is probably true of Australia. In Africa, some colonies might go under German rule, but they already have so much on their plate in Europe and North Africa that they might let them survive as colonial governments, puppets, and independent tribal or native nations. I might have missed something writing this because of the sheer ASB-ness of this map.

In other words, no its not a very good Axis victory Map

See this quote:

It's a thought experiment.

Assuming they somehow are able to do all that, is this a good Axis victory map?

Also, Iran, Afghanistan, and Arabia are puppets. What made you think they were annexed?

This still should be in ASB (saying things like 'assuming all this happened' on such a huge scale, rather than just 'say Bill Clinton somehow loses', is for ASB, not After 1900), but to play by your rules for a moment: I am curious as to why the Germans have puppeted France (there is historical evidence to suggest L'Etat Francais would indeed one day get her northern coast back) but annexed England. Is this because of heavily increased resistance activity in England? That is the only reason I can conceive of for the Axis failing to set up a puppet state there. There ain't much Lebensraum in Kent.

Sabot Cat

Banned
I don't get what you're asking if you don't want the scenario, the borders, etc. criticized. Are we supposed to be praising or critiquing the colors...?