Interesting speech synthesis video of JFK in an alternate history where the Moon Landing was a failure

Definitely cool, although JFK was killed six years before the Moon landing, not to mention that if even he survived his second term would be up a few months prior, which means a little bit more than the Moon landing failing diverged ITTL.

Pkmatrix

Monthly Donor
Definitely cool, although JFK was killed six years before the Moon landing, not to mention that if even he survived his second term would be up a few months prior, which means a little bit more than the Moon landing failing diverged ITTL.

Yep. For a closer to OTL take, here's Nixon reading the speech instead:

How easy is it to make a Deepfake video?

I've not tried, but my understanding is not that they're difficult once you get past the learning curve. It also depends on whether you're building your own model as well or working off an existing one, it's much easier if you use a prebuilt one (which is why you see so many using the same faces).

I know you can effectivly fake someone's voice, it's just not called a deepfake

As @BrobDingnag said, it is. "Deepfake" is just a catch-all term covering a family of systems/technologies/etc. that all do different parts of the same thing. The technical term for an audio deepfake is "Digital Voice Impression".