Images Of Kara's First Day: Pictures Of Red Dawn's WW3 And The Aftermath

Hey all! Let's start things off!

1673407171466.png

Cuban soldiers in occupied territory setting up perimeter defenses. The Cubans used multiple varieties of structures for ad hoc garrisons such as college campuses, summer camps and warehouses. This group is setting up near the cabins of a seaside tourist attraction in Florida weeks into the invasion.

1673407432144.png

Spetsnaz in Colorado taking part in a crackdown on anti-Soviet riots near the end of the war.

George-HW-Bush-1989.jpg

George Herbert-Walker Bush, 41st President of the United States after the death of Ronald Reagan. Bush would lead the Allied war effort in evicting the Soviet Army from the United States before focusing on the European front.
191A52B4-E438-82BE-5035-642CAEA09C7B.jpg

Philippine Air Force F-5 on the way to shoot down a Soviet Tu-95 above Batanes.
atomic-bomb-city-symbol-war-end-world-nuclear-explosion-catastrophe_715271-412.jpg

The nuclear destruction of Beijing seen from a far.

Last edited:
1920px-Enterprise_Cruising.JPG

USS Enterprise (CVN-85) sailing to the Western Pacific on flank speed.
BR2.jpg

British Army on the Rhine digging in for an assault of Soviet, East German, and Warsaw Pact forces.
keller%20photo%20zocalo.jpg

Mexican communists take over Mexico City, thus turning the country into a communist state.

1674712308752.png

Turkmen SSR First Secretary Muhmmetnazar Gapurov in Moscow. Gapurov oversaw the drastic increase of oil production from Turkmenistan to the American Theatre. He saw his part in the war effort as a way to increase his own standing in the CPSU.

m1_abrams.jpg

M1 Abrams tank in action in the Great Plains.
MCDREDA_EC022.jpg

The iconic Wolverines resistance group in occupied Colorado. They are shown here brandishing captured Soviet small arms.
c10e7ffece234a5d0ac8b59619420569--assault-rifle-weapons.jpg

U.S. Army soldiers disembarking from a UH-60 Blackhawk in Louisiana.

Small point, the BAOR was disbanded when West Germany left NATO. Most it it came back to the U.K., but about a third went to Suffield in Canada. Becoming the British Army In Canada.

When the Politburo informed the Soviet High Command of their desire to takeover the US mainland, I'm sure most of them saw it was a doomed enterprise from the start.

My friend Ted and I did a review of the original "Red Dawn" and it was the first time I'd ever stopped to map out exactly what the invasion looked like. I thought it was pretty interesting.

-HC

I'm still working on videos, but I thought you might get a kick out of this one. I used it for a youtube short, but went ahead and posted the horizontal version because I thought it would be better for this audience.

RDChieftain2.JPG
RDChieftain.JPG

Chieftain tanks of an unknown Royal Tank Regiment battle group, halted for maintenance and resupply. Alberta, circa 1986.

Last edited:
1675622854611.png

Challenger 1 Mk.3 of the 3rd Armoured Battalion, The Scots Guards, during the Race for Warsaw. Part of operations by the reformed NATO in 1990.

1675623071230.png

Challenger 1 and Warriors from the Irish Guards battle group, from the same operation.

M1.png

I grabbed a bunch of era approriate shots when I was working on my website. Let me know if you don't want me muddying up your aweome thread.

-HC

What's the pod?

To the best of my knowledge, it's the 1986 Soviet Wheat Harvest.

-HC

I'm not sure whether or not you're familiar with the movie, Red Dawn, from 1984, but's basically a timeline expansion from that movie, but focusing in other areas, such as with @Matt Wiser's character being an F-4 pilot, who over the course of the war, rises to command his Air Force Fighter Squadron. Mostly, the background comes from that movie, but there are certain changes, such as the UK is still fighting, and so on. As for a POD, it was speculated on one of the old boards that the likely POD was Reagan choosing somebody else as his VP for his First Term, I think Buchanan, and that he dropped him and chose George H.W. Bush for his Second Term, with the War kicking off around Labor Day, 1985.