Humayun killed in 1539: Long lasting Sur Empire.

As it is says, Humayun gets killed at the Battle of Chausa (Or later in 1540), and Sher Shah Suri lives longer, allowing his son Firuz Shah Suri to be older when he becomes Sultan and becomes a strong leader like his father.

So what next? Effects of a Sur Empire and the ealry end of the Mughal? (And without all the influences of Persian art, architecture, language and literature from Humayun.) Wars with Persia? The lack of all the famous Mugal Emperors? ( Akbar, Jahangir, Shahjahan, Aurangzeb.)

VVD0D95

Banned
I do think that Akbar would attempt to reclaim the throne at some point, it would be foolish for the, not to try

Right you are, though what stops one of humyuns brothers from attempting it?

Humayun brothers all roll over to Sher Shah in OTL, and likely do the same ALT with Humayun's luck running out ealry. And even if they do, Sher Shah would make quick work of them all.

I feel that a long lasting Sur Empire would be more beneficial to India than OTL, as the Sur Empire, among other things, created a working police system. I might be wrong, though.

I feel that a long lasting Sur Empire would be more beneficial to India than OTL, as the Sur Empire, among other things, created a working police system. I might be wrong, though.

Pretty much. Sher Shah both was a able and skilled general (Conquering almost all of the Mughal empire and things was great.) as well as an efficient administrator. Akbar in fact copy most of Sher Shah's reforms and so on.

So things would be pretty good.

Last edited:
If things go OTL after with Humayun's death being the only alteration, then Hemu becomes the Emperor and we would again see a Hindu on the throne. This would cause a lot of issues as many o his generals were Afghans.

If things go OTL after with Humayun's death being the only alteration, then Hemu becomes the Emperor and we would again see a Hindu on the throne. This would cause a lot of issues as many o his generals were Afghans.

The idea is Humayun never makes his comeback and in turn allow Sher Shah Suri to live longer, allowing his son Firuz Shah Suri to be older when he becomes Sultan and becomes a strong leader like his father.

But that is nice as well.