Heart of Dixie: A Timeline

I don't think I've ever commented here, but I greatly enjoyed this TL and you make this whole forum a better place! Hope you feel better soon, and as others have said I'm always open to chat.

To be honest, though, I don't know if I'll get it out. I have a lot done, but it's a ton of work. I don't enjoy the site much any more, I have a feeling most people here hate me, and I generally don't like life much and mine is in a pretty steady downward spiral towards nothing. So, like, I'll try to get it out by October 1 but I have to say I'm pretty disillusioned and empty on it and AH right now. Hopefully I'll pull through I guess.

And yeah yeah, sorry for the alert and all. Don't mean to make people get their hopes up too much before October.
*hug*

Everyone else has said what I wanted to say, so I'll just say what... we are all here for you. I dunno what happened between this place and you, but we're all here for you.

Hi everyone.

It's October 1, apparently. I didn't notice, truth be told. I fear this will be my last post in this thread because of the shame of having to come again to apologize. I tried to write. I wrote and wrote on the new timeline and, well, truth be told my heart just wasn't in it. Beyond the other issues surrounding me having to pick up a lot more work and thus free time being massively curtailed (I wrote this TL back when I had easy college classes and lots of free time) and having personal life issues as well, this timeline is just particularly hard to write. Not only in the amount of detail and research that I have to do, but just...to tell the truth, it is difficult to write the worst parts. Any timeline covering a successful Confederacy has to delve into the worst aspects of slavery, of prejudice, of cruelty, and of barbarism. Perhaps others may find it easy to write. I just do not. Once I did, but as I myself face prejudice in real life in greater amounts now, it is hard to come home to write more about it, with the incredibly delicate balance required to write a story such as this one. Perhaps in the future I'll be able to. I don't know. For now, I dream of worlds without slavery and colonialism and prejudice, and coming to this one was just too much no matter how many times I tried to write. Perhaps it is a flimsy excuse, but that's how I've felt. For the time being, I will focus mostly on work, and my AH work will be concentrated on maps (particularly pixel art maps), and the far easier side project "Far From Any Road". Said side project might interest you all as it is itself based on a world with a successful CSA that later fell apart, but the narrative is solidly in a more positive modern day and works backwards rather than starts in the worst times and goes forward. Perhaps I'll do something similar to Heart of Dixie one day.

I am again sorry to you all. I don't know how else I can say it, and only hope you all can find better TLs and ones that fit your interests more and can carry on the ideas I initially set out to show with this TL. Thank you all for those who followed and my deepest apologies from the bottom of my heart.

ToixStory

to tell the truth, it is difficult to write the worst parts. Any timeline covering a successful Confederacy has to delve into the worst aspects of slavery, of prejudice, of cruelty, and of barbarism. Perhaps others may find it easy to write. I just do not.
I can imagine. Can't say I'm not disappointed, but I'll live. Thanks for the heads-up and good luck with your future projects.

I can imagine. Can't say I'm not disappointed, but I'll live. Thanks for the heads-up and good luck with your future projects.
Thank you for the kind words. I was stuck in a hard place of not wanting to disappoint people but finding it personally depressing and grueling to write. I considered banning myself at one point to get away. I hope people will understand.

Thank you for the kind words. I was stuck in a hard place of not wanting to disappoint people but finding it personally depressing and grueling to write. I considered banning myself at one point to get away. I hope people will understand.

It's ok Toix. There's no sense in writing something you're not going to enjoy writing.

Good luck in your studies.

That's alright. I'm going through something similar as a writer so I can sympathize with you. The adjustment of writing while in college to writing while working is a huge one that I'm still myself trying to figure out. Life hits us all in different ways, and what's most important is to get through it and be happy.

You're never under any obligation to write anything on this site, and the Confederacy is an eminently depressing subject. No problem with this TL ending. It's been a wild ride while it lasted and I'm sure I'll enjoy anything you produce in tne future.

You could always go back to that reboot of Where Hearts Were Entertaining June that you were going to make. No pressure or anything. It's just a suggestion. I'm going to enjoy whatever you're going to make. It's just disappointing trying to read through the timeline with every image broken.

You're more important than any of these timelines. Take care of yourself and, who knows? You might get back to it someday.

Hi everyone.

It's October 1, apparently. I didn't notice, truth be told. I fear this will be my last post in this thread because of the shame of having to come again to apologize. I tried to write. I wrote and wrote on the new timeline and, well, truth be told my heart just wasn't in it. Beyond the other issues surrounding me having to pick up a lot more work and thus free time being massively curtailed (I wrote this TL back when I had easy college classes and lots of free time) and having personal life issues as well, this timeline is just particularly hard to write. Not only in the amount of detail and research that I have to do, but just...to tell the truth, it is difficult to write the worst parts. Any timeline covering a successful Confederacy has to delve into the worst aspects of slavery, of prejudice, of cruelty, and of barbarism. Perhaps others may find it easy to write. I just do not. Once I did, but as I myself face prejudice in real life in greater amounts now, it is hard to come home to write more about it, with the incredibly delicate balance required to write a story such as this one. Perhaps in the future I'll be able to. I don't know. For now, I dream of worlds without slavery and colonialism and prejudice, and coming to this one was just too much no matter how many times I tried to write. Perhaps it is a flimsy excuse, but that's how I've felt. For the time being, I will focus mostly on work, and my AH work will be concentrated on maps (particularly pixel art maps), and the far easier side project "Far From Any Road". Said side project might interest you all as it is itself based on a world with a successful CSA that later fell apart, but the narrative is solidly in a more positive modern day and works backwards rather than starts in the worst times and goes forward. Perhaps I'll do something similar to Heart of Dixie one day.

I am again sorry to you all. I don't know how else I can say it, and only hope you all can find better TLs and ones that fit your interests more and can carry on the ideas I initially set out to show with this TL. Thank you all for those who followed and my deepest apologies from the bottom of my heart.

ToixStory
Good luck, Toix!