Hail Zion!: The Rise of Israel

JayoCynic22

Banned
Ok, try this. After his election, Kahane initially adopts an unexpectedly moderate and conciliatory public face. He recognizes the Arab gains, including the state of Palestine. Since there is now a Palestine, he offers Arabs still residing in the "rump" Israel fair buyouts and compensation for them to move to Palestine, but makes it clear that those who remain will be considered resident aliens, unless they sign oaths of loyalty as Israeli citizens. He makes no immediate steps toward either dictatorship and theocracy. With the US and in the press he focuses only on the 1973 war as an awful victory for the USSR and it's Arab puppets. He couches everything in modern, secular, Cold War language, not mystical or radical Jewish fundamentalism. He makes Israel an invaluable ally of the US, engineers wars with his Arab neighbors that make them appear to be agressors, and only after he has won them does he show his other side.

That sound genius actually..

So we'll say Kahane is elected Prime Minister of Israel in 84. He rebuilds the Israeli economy, military and morale, and makes no further land grabs then a retaking a Jerusalem. Have Kahane lead Israeli in absolutely zero wars of aggression (at least on the surface) making US-Israeli ties stronger and weakening Arab nations in the process. So how long until Kahane goes off and declares himself a king and goes on conquest?? Say 10-15 years?? And how long can his dictatorship last??

Last edited:

JayoCynic22

Banned
And now you've shown your true colors.:mad:

I've explained my reasoning for that. And for anyone who thinks I'm an anti-Semite, I'm actually a pro-Israel American Jew. I'm not doing this because I believe Israel will do this, nor because I think they should. It is for fun, like all TLs.

That sound genius actually..

So we'll say Kahane is elected Prime Minister of Israel in 84. He rebuilds the Israeli economy, military and morale, and makes no further land grabs then a retaking a Jerusalem. Have Kahane lead Israeli in absolutely zero wars of aggression (at least on the surface) making US-Israeli ties stronger and weakening Arab nations in the process. So how long until Kahane goes off and declares himself a king and goes on conquest?? Say 10-15 years?? And how long can his dictatorship last??

He should never declare himself King at all, but continue to insist on him being a 'moderate' or make vague platitudes about wanting peace when he really doesn't. However, from what I read of Kahane, he doesn't seem like the man who has the patience or the moderation to be able to take a more disciplined approach.

If he can retake Jersualem with US support, that will guarantee Kahane leeway with his people for a long time to come, but nations like Egypt and Syria will also be stronger and be in a position to oppose future Israeli expansionist plans.

JayoCynic22

Banned
He should never declare himself King at all, but continue to insist on him being a 'moderate' or make vague platitudes about wanting peace when he really doesn't. However, from what I read of Kahane, he doesn't seem like the man who has the patience or the moderation to be able to take a more disciplined approach.

If he can retake Jersualem with US support, that will guarantee Kahane leeway with his people for a long time to come, but nations like Egypt and Syria will also be stronger and be in a position to oppose future Israeli expansionist plans.

Well if he's a moderate throughout his reign then he can never have a dictatorship.

JayoCynic22

Banned
Is it possibly to manufacture a war between an Arab coalition (Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Egypt, Syria, Palestine, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia) and an Israeli-American coalition in the 80's/90's/early 2000's?? This could give Kahane, now an elected Prime Minister (popular support) who's already probably a moderate dictator, a reason to invade the Arab nations and put them under occupation, as well as maybe the distraction he needs to form a theocratic state.

This would also have him allied with the west during these conquests, at least at first.

This may lead to a stand off between him and the west and a subsequent fall but it's still fits all 3 challenges.

Possible??