Greater San Marino?

So, apparently Napoleon offered to extend San Marino's territory during the Napoleonic wars in 1797. This offer was declined out of fear of future retribution by other Italian states. I have two questions to pose for all of you, if San Marino had accepted this offer how much territory could they have gotten, an how much could they have retained at the end of the Napoleonic Wars?

Easy, had the republic accept the offer of Napoleon to get more territory <<The advance of Napoleon's army in 1797 presented a brief threat to the independence of San Marino, but the country was saved from losing its liberty thanks to one of its Regents, Antonio Onofri, who managed to gain the respect and friendship of Napoleon. Thanks to his intervention, Napoleon, in a letter delivered to Gaspard Monge, scientist and commissary of the French Government for Science and Art, promised to guarantee and protect the independence of the Republic, even offering to extend its territory according to its needs. The offer was declined by the Regents, fearing future retaliation from other states' revanchism.>> (Wikipedia)

The bigger San Marino get, the more attention it attracts. I feel that part of the reason for their successful continued independence is that its territory is marginal when it comes to fertility, trade routes and in general potential for economic growth. And yet quite a few times they were targeted for conquest, usually by the Popes or their representatives in Romagna.

I think that a San Marino that takes over any significant part of Romagna before, say, the 19th century is getting big enough to be a target while not being big enough to defend itself. From the 19th century onwards, it would be probably swept by Italian nationalist feelings and join a united Italy.

Easy, had the republic accept the offer of Napoleon to get more territory <<The advance of Napoleon's army in 1797 presented a brief threat to the independence of San Marino, but the country was saved from losing its liberty thanks to one of its Regents, Antonio Onofri, who managed to gain the respect and friendship of Napoleon. Thanks to his intervention, Napoleon, in a letter delivered to Gaspard Monge, scientist and commissary of the French Government for Science and Art, promised to guarantee and protect the independence of the Republic, even offering to extend its territory according to its needs. The offer was declined by the Regents, fearing future retaliation from other states' revanchism.>> (Wikipedia)

Onofri never spoke directly to Napoléon, but to Monge. At the same time Monge (a great mathematician and former minister) was in Italy to choose the artworks destined to the French museums. He did not know much about art, but it was a prudent move as he thought his radical opinions on republicanism could let to prosecution in Paris. He was in a very exalted mood about Republic and Liberty (his correspondance shows it quite well) when he met Onofri. That explains his friendly attitude to the old republic.

The bigger San Marino get, the more attention it attracts. I feel that part of the reason for their successful continued independence is that its territory is marginal when it comes to fertility, trade routes and in general potential for economic growth. And yet quite a few times they were targeted for conquest, usually by the Popes or their representatives in Romagna.

I think that a San Marino that takes over any significant part of Romagna before, say, the 19th century is getting big enough to be a target while not being big enough to defend itself. From the 19th century onwards, it would be probably swept by Italian nationalist feelings and join a united Italy.
Guess the only option for expansion then is if San Marino is in the lead for the Risorgimento instead of the other Italian states. Now that would be interesting to read.