Status
Not open for further replies.
Have some historical Calvert Arms/Grand Union Flag.
us-mdcal.gif

That lion is way too monarchist for a People's Commonwealth.

Have you seen Communist Bulgaria's flags and naval ensigns?

Anyway, it's a common symbol in England, Scotland and Wales with a lot of history. If other communist countries did the same, why can't this one?

A quick question. What's the meaning behind the use of purple on the British flag?

Purple was used by British radical groups throughout the 19th and 20th centuries, including the Suffragettes. It was also a colour of Welsh republicanism.

I used it to represent the Welsh on the flag and also republicanism in general. The colour scheme is very underused, sadly.

Flag of the People's Commonwealth of Britain-

Oh me likey. Seriously I love the colors and the design. The use of the lion sans the crown is great, keeps the Albion feel and still remains obviously communist. Bravo.

Last edited:
The Flag of the Federal Kingdoms of Polynesia (and Hawaii), the foremost ally of the British in the Pacific; A federation of Hawaii, Fiji (united to stave off French Influence,) Tonga, Rarotonga, Niue, Samoa, and Tahiti.

Polynesia.png

Alright guys, need some census on this one. This will be for the flag of the United Satrapies of the Ottoman (USO) from my upcoming TL, satrapy being used as a word synonymous with state. Persia is included in this, and the idea of dividing up the Empire into devolved satrapies being one of the concepts added to the constitution of the Ottoman Empire (the Young Ottomans are truly successful in this). Now I need help with what flag to use.

(Another note, the Caliph and Sultan are now one and the same, and Islam has been greatly liberalized, making it similar to how modern-day Protestantism is OTL)

Ottoman_flag2.png

Dorozhand

Banned
Alright guys, need some census on this one. This will be for the flag of the United Satrapies of the Ottoman (USO) from my upcoming TL, satrapy being used as a word synonymous with state. Persia is included in this, and the idea of dividing up the Empire into devolved satrapies being one of the concepts added to the constitution of the Ottoman Empire (the Young Ottomans are truly successful in this). Now I need help with what flag to use.

(Another note, the Caliph and Sultan are now one and the same, and Islam has been greatly liberalized, making it similar to how modern-day Protestantism is OTL)

This is a case where I love all three almost equally. If I had to choose one, it would probably be the second.

If I could offer my own take on the premise, here it is:

OttomanSecular.png

OttomanSecular.png

This is a case where I love all three almost equally. If I had to choose one, it would probably be the second.

View attachment 228241

I actually quite like that. I'm open to hear anyone else's vote/suggestion. My partner and I collaborated and we found ourselves torn. With your vote, everything is tied (I thought 3, he thought 1, you thought 2 :p )

Dorozhand

Banned
I actually quite like that. I'm open to hear anyone else's vote/suggestion. My partner and I collaborated and we found ourselves torn. With your vote, everything is tied (I thought 3, he thought 1, you thought 2 :p )

The first one instantly makes me think of Turkey, which would be fine if the state wasn't a multiethnic federation. That's asking for trouble.

The third one makes me think of Hungary with the arrangement of the stripes.

The second one, if anything, makes me think of Oman, which feels pretty cool. The one I came up with takes the idea of the white-red-green tricolour evoked by that one and runs with it.

The first one instantly makes me think of Turkey, which would be fine if the state wasn't a multiethnic federation. That's asking for trouble.

The third one makes me think of Hungary with the arrangement of the stripes.

The second one, if anything, makes me think of Oman, which feels pretty cool. The one I came up with takes the idea of the white-red-green tricolour evoked by that one and runs with it.

Alright it's been set. 3 will be the National Flag, 1 the War Flag, and tricolour will be the Merchant Ensign.

Status
Not open for further replies.