Status
Not open for further replies.
Now there's a good challenge: create flags for every single US county that look good, and are not just a seal or map of the county slapped on a solid field.
i agree and i will defiantly fixing the state flags after the world flags, as for Liberia...all i can say is this CGPgrey quote on the subject: "this are the opposite universe of the Japanese prefecture flags" and they are

Does anyone know where I can find a bigger (as in, as big as the flags on here) version of the flag of the Free States of America in Victoria 2?

Does anyone know where I can find a bigger (as in, as big as the flags on here) version of the flag of the Free States of America in Victoria 2?
I'll freely admit to having eyeballed it, and that the colors don't seem to be the same as on the regular American flag, but...

I24wUhi.png

Here you go! :D It looks right, using the in game version of the flag below as a reference. I'll admit the wavering of the flag and the resulting color shifts made things a little tricky, but it looks right at least:

6kvU2Rc.png

EDIT : Doh! It looks off center! Let me fix that!

EDITx2: There! It should be centered now! :D

Last edited:
Don't mind me, just cross posting yet again.
Democratic Republic of Iberia
República Democrática del/do Iberia
cHUY058.png

In this ATL, Spain joined the axis powers during WWII with Portugal joining the allies. Consequently, many battles and conflicts occured in the Iberian Peninsula between the Nazi backed Spanish Monarchy and the American/British backed Portuguese Republic. Eventually, mostly thanks to the strain put on portugal from having to deal with their larger neighbor, Franco annexes Portugal and their overseas territories.

(Note: The axis powers may won the spanish civil war in this ATL, but they still didn't win WWII.)

As WWII came to a close, the allied powers supported republican rebels in the country. This meant that the many various anti-fascist factions managed to make a comeback. As the Nazis were defeated elsewhere in the world, both Lisbon and Madrid were stormed by rebels thanks to allied intervention. In the end, the flag of the Democratic Republic of Iberia was hoisted beneath a burning Spanish flag, effectively ending many years of Franco's rule.

The purple bar stands for the republican rebels in Spain while the red bar stands for both Spanish and Portuguese republicanism. The blue star and ring is both a nod to the Spanish republican star and the white dots on the Portuguese shield. The white bar stands for the now eternal peace between all formerly independent nations in the peninsula.

well here we go, the next bunch! here is the Cook Islands, Dominica and Ecuador! lets go!
the Cook Islands:
upload_2016-9-27_19-48-51.png

Colors: blue: 0-64-128
Symbolism: the fifteen stars are arranged in a circle representing its relations with the British and the commonwealth, the fifteen stars represent the fifteen islands that make up the Cook Islands, and the blue The blue represents the ocean and the peaceful nature of the inhabitants.
Changes: i took out the union jack because along with new Zealand, it is no longer a British over seas territory or apart of the commonwealth like Australia, so yea!
Dominica:
upload_2016-9-27_19-27-31.png

Colors:
dark green: 0-64-0 light green: 0-128-0 yellow: 255-242-0 red: 237-28-36 purple: 148-97-201 (the most colors so far!)
Symbolism: the green represents the lush vegetation on the island, the 3 middle bands together represent the trinity of god and Christianity, individually: the yellow stands for the sun shine and the native Indians, the black represents the fertile soil and the African heritage of the people and the white represents the purity of the water. in the center, the 10 stars represent the 10 parishes, the red stands for the commitment to social justice, and the bird in the middle is the Sisserou parrot (the national bird) and it stands for the "flight towards new heights and aspirations of the country".
Changes: i got rid of the lines protruding out and made them thicker, the reason for this is to "westernize" by making it a tricolor and to make it more "bold" in my opinion...yeah? i guess? if not i can change it in some way.
Ecuador:
upload_2016-9-27_19-34-11.png

Colors:
yellow: 255-242-0 (you will see that alot) blue: 0-0-225 red: 206-17-38
Symbolism: the yellow stands for the crops and fertile soil, the blue stands for the ocean and clear blue skies and the red stands for *sigh!!* "the blood of those who fought for their freedom"
Changes: i took out the CoA first and for most, and after that it was the civil flag and the flag of Colombia, so i equaled the bands and poof! a nice new flag...your welcome.

that was fun wasn't it? *cricket noises* alright fine! but the next 3 will be: Egypt, Estonia and Fiji...stay tuned and as always, hope ya like!

Last edited:

Alan Hardy

Banned
Thinking about this and turning it on its head, I've made both diagonals 45 degrees and swapped the flag round so its blue-white-red. Then any initial wear can reduce the red polygon with replacement expected if it progresses to the white quadrilateral sash. Also the black and gold technical area sits better with the dark blue next than it does the red.

Alan Hardy

Banned
Yes, quite agree, exactly my fear too.

Tuvalu...
Little need to have the dark blue as the sky blue can command that area. Ratio 4:7 with two stars on the CL.

Last edited:

Alan Hardy

Banned
Now into the realm of alternate geographic governmental administration.
British Mid Atlantic Territories.
Combination of Ascension Island, St Helena, Tristan da Cunha, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Isles.
One new flag for the lot. Each Star (in a "mappy" layout way) has a blue colour from each previous flag with a white fimbriation. Smaller 4 point stars for the uninhabited isles.

Status
Not open for further replies.