Europa Universalis IV - 13 August 2013

The multiplayer game I play in is looking for a Hungarian Empire and Mauritania player.

Mauretania is a colonial power and a member of the Ahel Alban, (Celtic Alliance) with a fairly secure position in the Mediterranean, and the possibility of expansion against the Qawallids to the south or the Hospitallers to the east. If a human took over, it would greatly help the cause of fixing the borders in the New World.

Hungary is an empire in decline that once held everything from Lithuania to Austria to Bulgaria, but owing to poor diplomatic choices on the part of its former player it has spent the past century having the shit kicked out of it by a coalition of literally every single country it borders. Its starting position is a good bit weaker than the Mauretanians.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...ance-in-Failure-Alternate-History-Multiplayer

So, is anyone else having altogether too much fun with the new nation designer?

So far I've made Texas, California, Ankh-Morpork, Best Korea, the Dothraki, Skyrim, Rome, and Athens. The random set up is fun too but man does it produce some ugly borders.

Just started a play as Japan - within 30 years of the 1444 starting point, I've united Japan, conquered Okinawa, begun to conquer Korea, and have started colonizing Taiwan and the Philippines. I'm also waiting on a POD to open a can of whoopass on the Ainu.

Not a bad start is it?

So whats this I hear about a custom nation creator?

Just started a play as Japan - within 30 years of the 1444 starting point, I've united Japan, conquered Okinawa, begun to conquer Korea, and have started colonizing Taiwan and the Philippines. I'm also waiting on a POD to open a can of whoopass on the Ainu.

Not a bad start is it?

So whats this I hear about a custom nation creator?

Just wait till the Catholics start popping up.

Wait, what now?

Japan gets events where their provinces start to convert to Catholicism which mirrors the activity of Portuguese and Spanish missionaries during the Sengoku Era in Japan. You get a deacision, option, or event (I forget which) to convert to Catholicism yourself and I suggest doing just that and then converting to Reformed since you are outside of Europe and this do not benifit from the Holy See.

There is also an acheivment to convert Japan as Japan called Krishtian Japan.

Some strange screenshots.

First, the Paraguay-Uruguay War.
attachment.php

Turkey can into everywhere but Turkey!
attachment.php

I imagine the weather is a bit of a disappointment after sailing all that way.
attachment.php

Ok, that's it. This game is insane.
attachment.php

So, though I didn't get to do everything I wanted to (because there's a cap on the number of custom nations you can create), I just built a Star Trek set-up.

Here's a look-see:

2014rr.jpg

2mi23r8.jpg

118jcw8.jpg

r93985.jpg

5lthz4.jpg

I've got an observer game up to the 1470s but I'll wait until the end before reporting back.

B-29_Bomber

Banned
Just started as the Hosokawa clan in the MTE mod. Started in 1356 and it is two years into the game and civil war ravages Japan, with the Rebel Alliance led by the Ashikaga clan fight for their freedom against the evil Empire in Yoshino. The war has largely turned in favor for the dashing rebels since the final defeat of imperial forces in Kyushu, after several attempts to break out from the southern island and link up with the main imperial armies in the north.

Now two Hosokawa Samurai travel to the imperial stronghold in Yoshino in order to negotiate a peace...

I'm sorry.

Playing the most batshit game as Bimbood (Custom nation. Liberal Islamic country).

Highlights:

Muslim/Kurdish Canada (thanks to moi)
The Vatican has relocated to Luxembourg
Chunks of Scottish America
California invading Japan
Über Scandanavia taking on Austria