Disunited NA

Introduction
Welcome to the Disunited North America!
A graphical AH TL!

Welcome, dear AH.commer, to the Disunited NA TL, by me, Shai.

In this timeline, I will show the alternative north America, as it is on January 1st, 1925.

I’ll use mpsa and Wikiboxes, and hopefully won’t create a stupid and not fun timeline.

so, without further ado, the map and the rough description of the countries:

Flat.png

The great Russian state of Alaska - Got independence after the great war (1840s), the Russian state of Alaska is a protectorate of the Russian empire, though it’s slowly gaining full independence due to the communists rise in Russia.

Russian Colombia - Also established after the great war (1840s), it is a Russian state with a big British population.

Oregon - Independent since 1872, Oregon is a frontier country, with a very low density of population and a liberal regime.

California - The most populated country in the west coast, California gained its independence from Mexico on the 1850s and is a great economic power, with merchant fleets that rule the Pacific ocean. It is one of the great powers.

Mexico - The good old Mexico, independent since 1810, is almost exactly like OTL Mexico, though its area is a bit different.

Canada - A former British colony, Canada gained its independence in 1874. It’s a peaceful country with good relations with all of its neighbours.

R.R.M - The Republic of the Rocky Mountains, independent since the 1850s, is almost as not populated as canada, and is a silent country with no enemies. Also, it is visibly a tax haven.

New Mexico - A protectorate of Mexico, New Mexico is independent since the 1850s.

U.S.G.P - The United States of the Great Plains, a dual nation in the middle of the continent, It is one of the great powers.

Oklahoma - A protectorate of Texas, Oklahoma is the country with the highest percentage of native Americans in the world, and is independent since 1850s.

Republic of Texas - Texas is one of the greatest powers of the south. independent since the 1830s, it has seen many ears and considered to have one of the most powerful armies in the world. It is one of the great powers.

Louisiana - A small republic, founded in the 1850s, placed as a ‘barrier’ between Texas and the U.S.S.

U.R.M.W - The United Republic of Michigan and Wisconsin is considered to be a great country, with a powerful economy and a lot of happy citizens. It is independent since the 1820s.

Tennetucky - A union of Tennessee and Kentucky, it is a less powerful country and considered as not important. It is independent since the 1860s.

U.S.S (Dixie) - The United Southern States is a federation in the south east of the continent, It is one of the great powers. It is also the only country in which some areas still allow slavery.

Florida - A small hispanic country, less involved in the continental politics, Florida is a peaceful country and is independent since the 1830s.

Quebec - Independent since the 1860s, Quebec is a dual nation with a rather small population.

Newfoundland and Labrador - A British dominion, it is peaceful and mostly unpopulated.

Maine - An economic empire, Maine is controling the biggest merchant fleet on the east coast, and is independent since the 1820s. It is one of the great powers.

New York - The country of the future! New york is a successful country, and is independent since the 1820s. It is one of the great powers.

Ohana - A union of Ohio and Indiana, it is a less powerful state and considered as not important, though many political disagreements happened due to the fact that the U.R.M.W is trying to annex its western part, Indiana. It is independent since the 1850s.

Pennsylvania - A rather old country, Pennsylvania was the first independent east coast country, gaining independence in the early 1820s.

Virginia - Independent since the mid-1820s, it is a less powerful country.

Carolina
- Last but not least, Carolina is an independent country, which gained independence from the U.S.S in the late 1860s.

(I will start updating soon.

Feedback will be nice.)

Last edited:
Pennsylvania at West Coast?

Anyways, aside from me having deep breaths, what's the POD?

EDIT: And wait, how do the Great Plains got the population to be a Great Power, allying itself with who?

Pennsylvania at West Coast?

Anyways, aside from me having deep breaths, what's the POD?

EDIT: And wait, how do the Great Plains got the population to be a Great Power, allying itself with who?
1. Oops...
2. I'll get to that, there are plural PODs so just you wait.
3. The USGP are a great power not due to their population size, but due to their high economic influence.

This looks neat, pretty good borders all around, but the names "Tennetucky" and "Ohana" bother me. Portmanteau names are always kind of corny (and yes, I think OTL "Tanzania" is kind of awful and they should have stuck with "Tanganyika"), and assuming that this isn't a post-American-breakup TL, there's no real reason for those to be two-state federations. I would honestly just recommend renaming them Tennessee and Ohio (after the rivers) and removing each of their single internal borders. Also, Louisiana is not Louisiana without New Orleans, and there is no way in hell that Greater Massachusetts would name itself after its sparsely-populated northern frontier :p

Good things: your colour scheme is attractive, and like I said, nice borders. I appreciate the fact that very few of them are just artificial straight lines; it's a good look. And I am always here for independent Newfoundland (and Labrador).

If Florida is Hispanic it's capital would probably be either St. Augustine or Pensacola.

I assume from agricultural output, the Great Plains are the reason for America being the world's largest food exporter.
But, how's the heavy industry, military, & population?

And who did it negotiated to have access to a port?