DBWI What if Michael Bay sucked?

Hey guys, this idea came to me after Micahel Bay won an Oscar for his movie last year, Notorious. You know, the Biggy Smalls biopic, I like how the director used his "impressionist filmmaking" style to make the movie feel like a music video almost, Bay's rapid cutting is a good fit for a hip hop biopic. Books have been written about Bay's signature style, some deride it as "Bayhem" others feel like the rapid cuts perfectly capture emotional logic rather than tangible logic.

I was reading about a point in the nadir of his career, when he was in the middle of the aborted Transformers movie (lol, a movie based off a toy! I guess Clue was pretty good back in the 80s though). Apparently in the middle of filming he got bopped on the head with a coconut and went unconscious for a day. When he woke up he was raving about a future where he only directed "endless sequels to children's robot movies, loveless and lifeless hackery, no spiritual growth or artistic curiosity beyond sophomoric scatology and military fetishism" and apparently "had to rethink things asap."

What if this never happened? What if that nightmare future came to be? How do you think culture would have shifted?