Conquest: an exposition on a Code Geass world

I have decided to make my own Code Geass world, but in a way that at least pays lip service to plausibility, even if it doesn't go into that area. Thus, I've decided to make a Code Geass timeline that attempts to be slightly more realistic, though I also have decided to discard the bits and pieces of Code Geass that hinder plausibility and/or seem a bit off to me. There will be parts that violate the canon, and I am not writing the story of Code Geass R1 and R2 over again. This is a new story which will include the characters of the show, but will not focus on them. In addition, I will include at least two elements of ASB that feature in Code Geass, namely Sakuradite and Geass. The story will be told mainly in the form of news articles and book excerpts from the world of my Code Geass, going up till the conquest and occupation of Japan. Without further ado, I present:

Conquest, or: The Tales of Sakuradite

Memo E998-5b

2008/4/5 ATB

From: Britannian Secret Intelligence Service Analyst #1012

To: the Office of the Prime Minister:

My Lord

As you have requested, our analysis on the Japanese political situation is as follows. The new Prime Minister who has recently taken power is Genbu Kururugi (in Japan, it is the surname that precedes the given name so local media will reference him as Kururugi Genbu). However, he takes office after a difficult struggle inside the dominant political faction inside the Liberal Party of Japan (Japanese: Jiyū-tō), only due to the support of his patrons, led by the wealthy oligarch Taizo Kirihara. Kirihara leads the branch of Japanese politics that can be considered the plutocratic faction. In contrast, Kururugi's main political opponent, Atsushi Sawasaki, comes from the more opportunistic nationalist faction. Our analysis has concluded that the Kururugi administration will not stand without the continued if oblique support of Kirihara's group. However, Kirihara has shown little nationalist tendency and has indeed given feelers to SIS suggesting he would be favorable to cooperating with us, if his position and standing in Japan were threatened (see Memo C808-5).

As such, we have concluded that the Kururugi's administration is quite weak and paralyzed, especially given the LPJ's unsteady alliance with the nationalist Constitutional Alliance Party (Japanese: Rikken Dōmei-tō), of which Sawasaki is the leader. Currently Sawasaki is serving as Chief Cabinet Secretary for Kururugi in what can only be considered a coalition of national emergency. We project that in event of an invasion, the division inside the Kururugi cabinet will be quite detrimental to the Japanese war effort. Given Sawasaki's current reluctance to support Kururugi as well as Kirihara's tepid aid, we predict that fomenting disagreement between these three men will be enough to weaken Kururugi as leader.

However, the Japanese political leadership is considerably less important than the political structure of the country. Kururugi is serving his third term as Prime Minister. His first term lasted four months and his second was one year. We do not think that his next term will be any more productive than his first two, especially given the shaky CAP-LPJ. Critical to the matter of Britannian national interests are his policies regarding Sakuradite, of which Japan controls 70% of the world's current supply. The Sakuradite deposits in South West England have been exhausted for over twenty years now. The mines in our Redwood Coast are close to exhaustion as well. We have predicted for several years of a potential Japanese monopoly on the world's supply of Sakuradite (see Memos V10-7i and V119-1), and have already drawn up several possible plans for invasion (see Memo E1044-2a). Any offensive action will need to take place in the next three years before the Redwood Coast deposits are fully exhausted.

As also mentioned, such offensive actions must involve the assistance of our current allies, the Chinese Federation. In particular, Japanese resistance will be based at the cities of Tokyo, Osaka, Yokohama, Nagoya, and Kobe. As per your instructions, the SIS and Army have been consolidating and developing our military bases on Chinese territory at the Philippines Base. Current Japanese military strategy is a defensive one against an invasion by one superpower. Due to declining ties between Japan and us, the Japanese military is currently oriented chiefly to deterring an invasion from Britannian soil. There is considerable less defensive buildup in the south, on the Japanese islands of Kyushu and Shikoku. It seems that Japanese intelligence has fallen for our misinformation campaign, which disguises the Philippines Base as a minor outpost of Britannia meant for deterring piracy in the Strait of Malacca. The Britannian Army and the SIS continue to develop the plans for the intended invasion of Japan and we are currently projected at 80% readiness in air and naval forces. However, due to the development of new military technology (tentatively called Knights' Mares or Knightmare Frames), overall readiness is only at 50%.

In conclusion, the SIS predicts that political instability in Japan will prove helpful to Britannian forces in our upcoming and highly vital invasion.

All Hail Britannia!

Next update. The bulk of the story, perhaps even all of it, will be in epistolary form. Expect a ratio of 2 Britannian epistles to 1.5 Chinese epistles to 1 EU epistle.

Unfortunately, the Middle Eastern Federation is described and shown only vaguely, and there's almost nothing about Australia except four things I've found: It's independent. People live there. You can travel from Britannia to there. There was a treaty signed in Melbourne (presumably they're referring to Melbourne in Australia). So don't expect any perspectives from those two countries.

Conquest, or: The Tales of Sakuradite

Memo B44-99d

2008/12/12

To: the Office of the Prime Minister

My Lord

As you have requested, our analysis of the situation in the Chinese Federation is as follows. The Chinese Federation is currently beset with a potentially massive struggle in the dynastic succession.

As is well-known, the current imperial house in the Chinese Federation is that of the Jiang family. The progenitor of the House of Jiang was Jiang Sijun (Chinese: 蔣思鈞), who ruled from 1898-1922 ATB. His one son was Jiang Wentao (Chinese: 蔣文濤), who ruled from 1922 to 1950. His oldest son was Jiang Xiusen (Chinese: 蔣秀森), who ruled from 1950 to 1989. He was succeeded by his only son Jiang Congchi (蔣聰熾), who ruled from 1989 to 1999. He was in turn succeeded by his only son, Jiang Yuanbi (蔣元壁). It is generally acknowledged that this means the extinction of the Jiang Sijun's family in the male line. Jiang Xiusen's three brothers either have no children or only daughters. Jiang Yuanbi's generation will be the last to bear Jiang Sijun's surname. In Chinese culture, it is unequivocally the case that only the male-line surname is passed on.

This should not be an issue for the House of Jiang, because Jiang Sijun's brothers have had children in the male-line. Tracing the descent from Jiang Sijun's family, the most senior male-line descendant for the next generation should be Jiang Chongzhao (Chinese: 蔣崇釗), son of Jiang Sijun's younger brother. However, the issue goes further than that. Jiang Sijun had a notably poor relationship with his brothers and declared that only his descendants could succeed to the Chinese throne. When Jiang Sijun failed to produce a male heir for much of his reign, his brothers persuaded their father Jiang Guangdie (Chinese: 蔣光垤), to issue a declaration extending the succession to them. The issue was rendered moot when Jiang Wentao was born and took the throne. However, the succession has remained as tenuous as ever.

Now, it looks like Jiang Sijun's male-line descendants are on the brink of dying out, as Jiang Yuanbi is severely ill. His daughter is Jiang Lihua (Chinese: 蔣麗華) and is only four years of age. In the last few years, a handful of eunuchs has steadily accumulated power due to Jiang Yuanbi's illness. The current eunuchs in power are Song Bi (Chinese: 宋弼), Zhang Xuan (Chinese: 張瑄), Fei Guang (Chinese: 費廣), and Wang Zicheng (Chinese: 王子程), all of whom hold power in various ways. Song is the most important as the current head of the Directorate of Ceremonial, which is the most important administrative body in the eunuch bureaucracy, Zhang is the director of the Eastern Depot, which functions as a police and intelligence body, Fei is the director of the Western Depot, which serves as the secret police, and Lin is head of the Office of Transmission.

Therefore, the issue is whether Jiang Yuanbi will be succeeded by his only daughter Jiang Lihua, or by his distant relative Jiang Chongzhao. The former will be in accord with the rules laid out by the dynastic founder, but the latter will correspond to Confucian and traditional Chinese rules of leadership. However, the House of Jiang has steadily moved away from Confucianism in recent years, as evidenced by the weakening of the bureaucracy and the increase in power of the imperial office. (For a description of this process see Memo B109-98a. For a comparison of this process with contemporary trends see Memo B109-109.) The trend towards autocracy has indeed been strengthened through the Chinese throne's conversion to Christianity under Jiang Sijun. His descendants, up until Jiang Yuanbi, have show considerably less devotion in their ancestor's faith, but have nevertheless been brought up on ideas of kingship that show vastly greater similarities to that of the pre-Revolution European monarchies, including that of allowing female rulers. In particular, the current Chinese Emperor might be more sympathetic to having his daughter succeed him, and she is still a member of the imperial house. Thus, the traditional idea that monarchy must be retained within one family is not, in and of itself, opposed to female succession. The issue of her succession is greater. Ancient Chinese precedent, from the one female Chinese monarch in history, seems inapplicable (see Memo B443-9v). Chinese family law bars marrying a person of the same surname.

Our prediction is as follows: if Jiang Lihua is given a new, official name that corresponds to Chinese dynastic traditions, she will be made Crown Princess. When her father dies from the cancer ravaging his body, she will become Empress. This will prompt a massive struggle for power that will be won by the eunuchs controlling the military, not the bureaucrats. The young Empress will then be highly dependent on the eunuch staff due to her age and inexperience. Because the turnover rate amongst eunuchs is so high, the foreign and domestic policy of the eunuch party cannot be determined with any certainty. Further analysis can only take place once the Empress is established.

All Hail Britannia!

Sorry, I guess you have not updated enough for me to see a POD in the 1560s as you have mentioned in the other posts (unless you're referring to the birth of Henry IX)...

For me, CF's situation is really an awful one. If we were to ignore the butterfly effect of a Tudor ascension and a failed AR, (the Eowyn case could be easily justified as a Romano-Briton Alliance under Claudius), CF's current situation could be explained as a Geass-posessing individual named Jiang ??? who proceeded to overthrow the Manchus (evident with the slight Manchu styled clothing of Li Xingke) under a nationalistic movement and entered a dominant diplomatic relationship to the surrounding countries (forming a Federation) and defeating the Russians (check the map and the loosely controlled yet the militarily powerful Liaodong Prefacture in R2)...The communist policy is from influenced from Marx, perhaps of political reasons. The biggest problem of this however is the Mausoleum of 88 Emperors, while it could be counting the previous 88 Emperors, I strongly doubt that an individual (especially a Chinese Emperor) would allow that, particularly when the most of the Ming and Qing tombs are located in Beijing.

Therefore, if I were to write it, I would place the PODs in the Five Dynasties period, with either a normal general or a Geass-enabled general establishing an Empire (easier situation to control than the Cao Cao one), which could also explain how the eunuchs could come into power so easily.

I'll explain my thoughts more later, but currently I think your situation is alright barring the Mausoleum.

Sorry, I guess you have not updated enough for me to see a POD in the 1560s as you have mentioned in the other posts (unless you're referring to the birth of Henry IX)...

For me, CF's situation is really an awful one. If we were to ignore the butterfly effect of a Tudor ascension and a failed AR, (the Eowyn case could be easily justified as a Romano-Briton Alliance under Claudius), CF's current situation could be explained as a Geass-posessing individual named Jiang ??? who proceeded to overthrow the Manchus (evident with the slight Manchu styled clothing of Li Xingke) under a nationalistic movement and entered a dominant diplomatic relationship to the surrounding countries (forming a Federation) and defeating the Russians (check the map and the loosely controlled yet the militarily powerful Liaodong Prefacture in R2)...The communist policy is from influenced from Marx, perhaps of political reasons. The biggest problem of this however is the Mausoleum of 88 Emperors, while it could be counting the previous 88 Emperors, I strongly doubt that an individual (especially a Chinese Emperor) would allow that, particularly when the most of the Ming and Qing tombs are located in Beijing.

Therefore, if I were to write it, I would place the PODs in the Five Dynasties period, with either a normal general or a Geass-enabled general establishing an Empire (easier situation to control than the Cao Cao one), which could also explain how the eunuchs could come into power so easily.

I'll explain my thoughts more later, but currently I think your situation is alright barring the Mausoleum.
You're right, my mistake. The POD isn't here. I'll just state it: in 1560, Robert Dudley's wife Amy Robsart dies of a completely natural death in a non-suspicious manner, clearing the way for Elizabeth I of England to marry Dudley that year. The child of the Dudley-Tudor union becomes Henry IX. Things diverge from there.

I'm not sure how the CF is going to arise. Either the Ming survives much longer, until the Chinese Federation is formed by the Jiang family, or the Ming is destroyed much earlier and there is a dynasty between the Ming and Jiang's dynasty. I don't remember if the CF is officially Communist or whether it engages in a massive campaign of wealth redistribution. If the latter, then I don't need the Marxist element. I think I might ignore the 88 Emperors or employ the radical change in Chinese government where the 88 Emperors refers to all previous Chinese Emperors. I'm still not sure yet.

I once had an idea where, in the style of Wu Zetian, a person claims descent from the Zhou Kings. 40 Zhou Kings +5 or so ancestors of the founder + 40 or so Emperors would be much more plausible than just 80 generations in a row.

Here's another possibility about the 88 Emperors. I forget how the original Japanese put it (if it's indeed eighty eight, i.e. 八十八, there's not much way around it), but perhaps you could make it so that 八八 refers to a dynasty that was founded on the 8th day of the 8th month or something.

Here's another possibility about the 88 Emperors. I forget how the original Japanese put it (if it's indeed eighty eight, i.e. 八十八, there's not much way around it), but perhaps you could make it so that 八八 refers to a dynasty that was founded on the 8th day of the 8th month or something.

Why not make it simple, the 88 emperors are people who were at their time emperor(regardless the dinasty) and are keep as memoriam of their role, even if other dinasty come and leave, the former emperors still are respetec/venerated, and if couting a average of 20 years per emperor we can have a dinasty back to start of the 1th century

As demanded by my audience, here is my next update:

Conquest, or the Tale of Code Geass

The Sunday Spectator (London): Editorial Page

2008/12/26

There is nothing better than to be free!

To the three Presidents of the EU: Anthony Lyte, Vladimir Radok, and Marie Theroff

I wrote today in the Sunday Spectator on the day after I have celebrated Christmas knowing that I write in one of the only free countries on this Earth. At this moment, I can demagogue against our representatives who meet in Paris or I can polemicize against the members of the Consulate in London. There is nothing to stop me from advocating the secession of my native Britain from the European Union, nor will I be stopped from advocating the secession of my native London from my Britain (but this is an issue I will not expound on today). Contrast this with the nominally Holy Britannian Empire, where all media falls under state control and not one word is legally published before going under the watchful eye of the censor, or with the Chinese Federation, where the press and radio are hounded for bribes by the local venal magistrate.

Two weeks ago, the Defense Section of the European Union Central Hemicycle put forth a series of initiatives suggesting that wartime coverage be curbed in case of future wars. This is outrageous! It was only the strong eye of the press that pointed out the flaws of the war with the Chinese Federation just twenty years ago. The defeat of the EU navy at Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, the failure of the EU Army to relieve the siege of Astrakhan, the collapse of diplomatic negotiations with the Chinese Grand Secretaries, the fall of Astrakhan, the bombing of Irkutsk, and the defeat at the Battle of Zeya River were all covered extensively in the press, especially during my tenure as a newspaper editor. I assure you, if the press were not around to demonstrate the failings of the EU Army and Navy, we would have continued to embroil ourselves in a war that we had been misled to want!

I am not asking that reporters have the freedom to remain embedded within EU Army units. The press no longer wants that since we remember our losses. Jean-Henri Martin died embedded with the Italian National Guard during the Battle of Zeya. Desmond O'Gorman, attached to to the French National Guard in Astrakhan, starved to death like an eighth of the city's inhabitants during the Chinese siege. And Nicholas Lynch was shot in Saratov for allegedly being a Chinese spy, an allegation that has been shown to be completely false, as Chinese Grand Secretary Yen-hsi Weng even stated in the resulting peace settlement. For the first time since the Trench Wars, journalists were harassed for their work in showing the utter decline of the European military.

What have we done to earn such distrust? First Consul Anthony Woods of Britain has already stated that newspaper editors should consult with the Defense Section and have their work cleared before they are allowed to publish. Third Consul Pablo de la Riva in Spain has gone even further, stating that newspapers should cease reporting on wartime subjects altogether! Doing so would leave the flow of information solely in the hands of the Defense Section. To her credit, chairperson Catherine West of the Defense Section has shown no such interest in wartime censorship. It is the chairperson of the Legal Section, Bruno Cadorna, who has suggested that current media laws in the EU need to be made strict in regards to wartime affairs. What the press needs is more freedom, not less!

The current EU laws on speech that violates public order is too vague: it needs to be clarified to ban hate speech. In addition, the use of age limits on films is too strict. Guardians, not the Media Section, should determine if their children are able to see a film or not. And above all, journalists should receive a constitutional guarantee allowing for their coverage of wartime affairs, along with the access needed for such reporting. No laws should be allowed to violate this access. It is for this reason that I demand that Anna Carlsson, who was arrested for trespassing into the EU Army headquarters in Paris and revealing the security lapses in the perimeter, be released immediately. Nobody should be arrested for revealing that the EU Army cannot guard itself, much less guard the country.

It is not enough that the EU guarantees that the press must be free. It is of course good that the press has the right to publish whatever it wants. But the press must have constitutionally guaranteed access to any source, whether that source is in the Army, the Navy, the national Consulates, the Defense Section, the Judicial Section, the Finance Section, or the President himself.

As citizens of the European Union, we have taken great effort to become free. Now, we must undertake great effort to remain that way.

From Agricola, a free man

You're right, my mistake. The POD isn't here. I'll just state it: in 1560, Robert Dudley's wife Amy Robsart dies of a completely natural death in a non-suspicious manner, clearing the way for Elizabeth I of England to marry Dudley that year. The child of the Dudley-Tudor union becomes Henry IX. Things diverge from there.

I'm not sure how the CF is going to arise. Either the Ming survives much longer, until the Chinese Federation is formed by the Jiang family, or the Ming is destroyed much earlier and there is a dynasty between the Ming and Jiang's dynasty. I don't remember if the CF is officially Communist or whether it engages in a massive campaign of wealth redistribution. If the latter, then I don't need the Marxist element. I think I might ignore the 88 Emperors or employ the radical change in Chinese government where the 88 Emperors refers to all previous Chinese Emperors. I'm still not sure yet.

I once had an idea where, in the style of Wu Zetian, a person claims descent from the Zhou Kings. 40 Zhou Kings +5 or so ancestors of the founder + 40 or so Emperors would be much more plausible than just 80 generations in a row.

You're idea of the 40 or so Emperors will work spectacularly (then from the time, the dynasty should arise during the end Yuan? If you ignore the Ming ccompletely, you could have greater freedom regarding the political structures).

Also, it never really said if CF was officially communist or not, just that during Charles' speech for Clovis' funeral, he mentioned that the CF "advocated equal wealth"...

Why not make it simple, the 88 emperors are people who were at their time emperor(regardless the dinasty) and are keep as memoriam of their role, even if other dinasty come and leave, the former emperors still are respetec/venerated, and if couting a average of 20 years per emperor we can have a dinasty back to start of the 1th century

The problem that no "sane" Chinese emperor would do that was the base of the problem of where to place the POD...

Oh, right and because that thraed got locked for necroposting:

This is purely some views I had initially and what the majority of Chinese CG fans had when they first saw CG.

(cue the Four "Obviously Wanteds" conspiracy)

Will discuss the actual possibility of the Chinese Federation later (this is really rushed), just something here for you to think about the reactions of various Chinese fans.

Also, the majority of chinese CG fanfics centerred around CF has the Tianzi change their last name to "Liu" and placed the POD to Cao Cao and Cao Pei supporting the Han dynasty...

Yeah it's amazing and kinda sad how dedicated the Chinese are to the Communists that they can't accept Jiang as an imperial line or see Mao for the lunatic he was.

Yeah it's amazing and kinda sad how dedicated the Chinese are to the Communists that they can't accept Jiang as an imperial line or see Mao for the lunatic he was.
I know it's not addressed towards me, but ... yeah, the only thing close to Communism mentioned seems to be just "equal distribution of wealth" so I'll avoid Communism per se.

EDIT: I looked it up, it's 八十八陵 so there's no way getting around that unless I ignore it.

Last edited:
I know it's not addressed towards me, but ... yeah, the only thing close to Communism mentioned seems to be just "equal distribution of wealth" so I'll avoid Communism per se.
What I meant was more the assumption that the creators of the show were trying to insult the OTL Chinese.

EDIT: That's too bad. 88 is a cool number.

Next update. This is really rushed, but I was trying to think of a way to justify the Areas just now, and I think I worked out a compromise. Areas do not have to take up all of the place. Instead, they just need to be located there. So Area 2 only refers to selected tracts in Canada and Area 3 here refers only to certain parts of Mexico. Additionally, I came up with the justification that parts of Indochina and the Philippines were once part of Britannia as Areas 10 and 12, but were lost to China again by 2018 ATB. The names of Area 10 and 12 were preserved in the same way that the Republic of China or Republic of Korea still have provinces they don't actually control.

Conquest, or the Tale of Code Geass

A Guide to the Areas!

News Article. Author: Richard Hawkins. Publisher: Pendragon Times

1993/2/1

Are you having trouble deciding where you want to go for your vacation? Be troubled no more! Here at United Tourism Press, we want you to know the ten Areas where Britannians can visit free of charge. All you need is an internal transit document for tourist purposes, produced through the Ministry of Colonial Affairs. Join us as we look at the Areas that you can visit!

Area 1 is the oldest Area. It dates back to the Washington Rebellion in the 1820s when the Kingdom of Great Britain suppressed the terrorist uprising. All areas outside of immediate royal and Loyalist control were declared Area 1. Over time, Area 1's boundaries have shifted. While initially intended to suppress future independence movements on the East Coast, the Area was expanded into the rest of the American continent as the new Britannian government moved into the west. From there, Area 1 quickly encompassed the land of the native inhabitants, who are called the Ones, the red men, the Indians, or the aboriginals. Over time, these natives became the sole inhabitants of Area 1. Their conditions are quite poor and backwards and there is little tourist infrastructure. The scattered allotments of Area 1 have long ceased to be contiguous. They span most of central North America and many of these areas are in hard-to-reach places. The inhabitants of Area 1 are generally considered docile and peaceful and there is little danger in visiting. However, even the accessible areas of Area 1 are not considered to be highly cultured or entertaining places to visit.

Area 2 is quite similar to Area 1, only the lands in question are even less accessible. In addition, many of the northern parts of Area 2 hold vital military bases and are in areas of industry. As such, Area 2 is considerably more polluted than Area 2. Travel to Area 2 is generally not advised except for a handful of Arctic locations.

Area 3 is well-known for its sandy beaches, tropical rainforests, and extinct civilizations. This area has a very diverse climate, with deserts and grassland and mountains. Come and see the monuments of people whose civilization seem literally selected out by nature. Some parts of Area 3 are also undergoing industrial development, but most of Area 3 is an excellent place to visit. Area 3 was formerly called the Viceroyalty of New Spain during Spanish colonial times. However, during the time of Washington's Rebellion and afterwards, the British and then Britannian governments gradually seized increasingly greater chunks of Spain's empire through the use of superior troops and ships. Area 3 was declared over the entire area of southern North America for several decades as Britannian forces dealt with rebellions of both ungrateful Spanish revanchists and uneducated peasants. Much of Area 3 has long been assimilated into the greater Britannian society. However, in some parts of Area 3 a low-level rebellion has continued to simmer. Drug mafias, dealing in the Refrain trade, have also established a presence in Area 3. However, these men are Numbers and the Britannian Police are working hard to combat both the insurgency and the drug trafficking.

Area 10 is what was once called Cochinchina. Currently Area 10 is undergoing a war as Britannia fights the Chinese Federation. Area 10 has been slightly pacified while the Philippines continue to hold out. Because of the wartime situation in Area 10 as well as the war being fought over its Philippine supply line, travel to Area 10 is currently banned. It is a shame, too, as Area 10 is also a marvelous place to visit.

Seems like the American Areas have essentially become reservations. I lol'ed at the "but these places are generally not cultured or enterntaining" part.

I wonder if you are going to have the FLEIJA thing or whatever they called it ITTL. To me that just seemed like a sorry excuse for nuclear bombs right up there with the retarded hovering fortresses. Especially stupid was that they created these neat little spheres in the ground.

Actually, among the adult and younger population, not many people like Mao as much, its just that compared to Mao, Jiang wasn't much better (perhaps actually being incompetent...) Honestly if Jiang were to ascend victorious, the Chinese now would shudder at the thought of being the US's lapdog (whether or not if that would actually happen, we would never know)

Why they felt disgusted is probably because they know it was intentionally arranged by the Japanese to in a sense...mock them....

Had the last name been anything else like Liu, Li, Zhu, etc....nothing would have been complained, well aside from the fact that they're Emperor has been portrayed as a loli

It's still an irrational complaint, even if understandable.

I never heard of any Germans being disgusted with Inglorious Basterds for portraying the assassination of Hitler by Jews. And Jiang was in fact a far better ruler than Mao, as can be seen from the administration and development of Taiwan, after he was finally given some peace to sort things out. Jiang killed a few tens of thousands of Taiwanese perhaps, but he didn't have to starve the island or completely denigrate its culture to get it set on more or less the right track. Mao was who was not so much competent as he was good at killing off or otherwise dominating those under him, while Jiang despite being a warlord had a few shreds of human decency to him (Jiang let Zhang Xueliang who abducted him live in comfort for the rest of his life, Mao killed off some of his most loyal comrades just for pointing out his democidal mistakes). The effects of the resultant misrule are evident. Mao set the development of the country backward through pretty much his entire movement. Everyone would've been better off if he'd been killed trying to rescue Yang Kaihui or something.

In light of all the above, the Japanese writers and planners did the Chinese a favor.

EDIT: Sorry WIAUN for cluttering up your thread like this, but major matters like this can't go unaddressed.

Last edited: