Children of Men thread.

Psalm 90:3​

"You turn people back to dust,
saying, “Return to dust, you mortals.”

Children-of-Men-bookcover.jpg

alfonso_cuaron_children_of_men_long_shot_600.jpg

"Children of Men" is the universe from a book from the british tory author P.D. James and from the movie with the same name made by brilliant director Alfonso Cuarón, taking place in the United Kingdom two decades after a complete fertility collapse in the human species, dooming mankind to extinction if the situation is not reversed.

This thread is for the discussion of the movie and the book, made for fans such as I and @Strategos' Risk .

Time to start it!​

I haven’t read the book, but I don’t see how the nukes wouldn’t have flown ~20 years later given the initial premise. I can easily see it happening, what with the culture of nihilism and mass suicide being government-sanctioned.

Philippines, My headcanon highly likely has a government similar to the UK but more visible. So in short a dictatorship but with more military patrols in an attempt to stop the ISIS and NPA.

I watched the movie with my friends in a cult session and it was underwhelming... The average note was 4,4/10. The movie has been extremely promoted by video essays on YouTube as a masterpiece of cinema but it is just a good movie.

Like, it has a perfect setting, but by design the director decided to not show the before and after the plot and so this massive movie looks bland. One of my friends is a military expert and he exploded in anger during the Bexhill scene because the army would have immediately apprehended Theo with the woman and the child as soon they saw a baby there.

One of my friends is a military expert and he exploded in anger during the Bexhill scene because the army would have immediately apprehended Theo with the woman and the child as soon they saw a baby there.
To be fair, the soldiers hadn't seen an infant in a decade, and from what they knew humans were infertile. SO they were trying to comprehend the scene.

One of my friends is a military expert and he exploded in anger during the Bexhill scene because the army would have immediately apprehended Theo with the woman and the child as soon they saw a baby there.
The point of the scene is now miraculous the first baby in decades would be.

To be fair, the soldiers hadn't seen an infant in a decade, and from what they knew humans were infertile. SO they were trying to comprehend the scene.
The point of the scene is now miraculous the first baby in decades would be.
He said that that point was ok, but then they would call the major that would call the colonel who would connect to the headquarters where the general would receive orders from the prime minister to seize the baby.

Like, when they restarted the combat that friend literally got angry.

He said that that point was ok, but then they would call the major that would call the colonel who would connect to the headquarters where the general would receive orders from the prime minister to seize the baby.

Like, when they restarted the combat that friend literally got angry.
Yeah ok I understand. Yeah that makes sense

They would also seize the woman and have her give birth to Britain so that the UK could rise.

Philippines, My headcanon highly likely has a government similar to the UK but more visible. So in short a dictatorship but with more military patrols in an attempt to stop the ISIS and NPA.
with a 80s style Martial Law because of that scenario.