Challenge: Only Christians in Caucasos, Arabian Peninsula and the mediterranean sea (Italia, Spain, Greece))

Most of the northern Caucasus was mostly pagan or Christian until the early modern era. Stop Timur’s invasion and devastation of Georgia, thus allowing them to more easily stay as a united and strong. If they can work the Turks and Persians off each other, they can stay independent and use their influence to convert the region to Orthodoxy

Charlemagne fails in his conquest of Saxony, (most of) northern Europe remains pagan for at least longer. Kill Islam in the cradle, and you'd probably have the Christian world trapped within the bounds of the Med (plus Britain).

That said, I can't see northern Europe remaining pagan forever in such a scenario, it's likely that if a Viking Age occurs (which is probable if we assume the main factor for expansion was economic/climatic, since those factors will still apply) then Christianity will make its way into Scandinavia and northern Germany.

Most of the northern Caucasus was mostly pagan or Christian until the early modern era. Stop Timur’s invasion and devastation of Georgia, thus allowing them to more easily stay as a united and strong. If they can work the Turks and Persians off each other, they can stay independent and use their influence to convert the region to Orthodoxy

Far too late to make Anatolia, North Africa and Arabia Christian.

I don't think the challenge is to have there be only Christians in the Caucasus/Arabia/Mediterranean but to have those places be the only majority Christian areas. In which case you may be able to do something with Julian the Apostate and have his efforts succeed in the West while the Eastern Empire remains Christian. From that point, simply have the Germans convert to Julian's reformed paganism instead of Christianity and once the Western Empire falls have a Justinian equivalent successfully reclaim Italy and Spain, bringing those areas under Christian rule while the rest of the continent practices a reformed pagan religion.

You can also butterfly away Islam in this scenario, so Arabia could easily become Christian ITTL.

No creo que el desafío sea que solo haya cristianos en el Cáucaso/Arabia/Mediterráneo, sino que esos lugares sean las únicas áreas mayoritariamente cristianas. En cuyo caso, es posible que puedas hacer algo con Juliano el Apóstata y hacer que sus esfuerzos tengan éxito en Occidente mientras el Imperio de Oriente sigue siendo cristiano. A partir de ese momento, simplemente haga que los alemanes se conviertan al paganismo reformado de Juliano en lugar del cristianismo y, una vez que caiga el Imperio Occidental, haga que un equivalente de Justiniano recupere con éxito Italia y España, poniendo esas áreas bajo el dominio cristiano mientras que el resto del continente practica una religión pagana reformada.

También puede alejar al Islam en este escenario, por lo que Arabia podría convertirse fácilmente en Christian ITTL.
Yeah

In the roman empire coexisted a lot of religions, one of that religions was the mithraism the mithraism was very popular with in the legions i heard that legions have contact with the germans and some of they mithraism groups still practicing they religion after the empire become christian but i have to investigate more

No creo que el desafío sea que solo haya cristianos en el Cáucaso/Arabia/Mediterráneo, sino que esos lugares sean las únicas áreas mayoritariamente cristianas. En cuyo caso, es posible que puedas hacer algo con Juliano el Apóstata y hacer que sus esfuerzos tengan éxito en Occidente mientras el Imperio de Oriente sigue siendo cristiano. A partir de ese momento, simplemente haga que los alemanes se conviertan al paganismo reformado de Juliano en lugar del cristianismo y, una vez que caiga el Imperio Occidental, haga que un equivalente de Justiniano recupere con éxito Italia y España, poniendo esas áreas bajo el dominio cristiano mientras que el resto del continente practica una religión pagana reformada.

También puede alejar al Islam en este escenario, por lo que Arabia podría convertirse fácilmente en Christian ITTL.
That is a amazing idea

I have another idea, the islam "Allah" is based in paganism "Allah" what if a guy in Scandinavia (because is a peninsula like Arabia) Say "I'am a profet and i say bla bla bla bla Odin (or Thor) ís the only god" and we have something like a.... Nordic islam

Last edited:
To get all of them you’d need to have Islam never exist

Exactly. It is indeed easiest way. People here seems favoring some other ways which might either work or then not. And some have far too late POD. Probably whatever later than mid-7th century is already too late.

In the roman empire coexisted a lot of religions, one of that religions was the mithraism the mithraism was very popular with in the legions i heard that legions have contact with the germans and some of they mithraism groups still practicing they religion after the empire become christian but i have to investigate more
Mithraism was a mystery religion. This is not a good thing for expanding.

That said, there's no reason why there couldn't be a hellenised zoroastrian-ish religion spread into the empire.