Can Germany reacquire any pre-Versailles territory peacefully?

Poland will not give up more than Danzif without war, and they won't even give up Danzig unless pressured by other powers.

So might it be possible for Germany to wage a very limited war with the aim of taking the Corridor, and if they haven't received Danzig that as well, by whatever time the war takes place. All without provoking Russa, Britain, or France into a war?

So might it be possible for Germany to wage a very limited war with the aim of taking the Corridor, and if they haven't received Danzig, by whatever time the war takes place. All without provoking Russa, Britain, or France into a war?

It really depends on the circumstances, but probably yes.

So, on that passage, it seems that force of arms was the only way for Germany to redress its grievances.

I don't know about that. I think that without the Second World War and Hitler there could have been further peaceful revisions to Versailles. Had there been negotiations further down the line it could have resulted in Eupen and Malmédy being transferred for a settlement of money. I'm not saying it's likely, but I could see circumstances under which maximum peaceful Germany would be Germany + Austria + Sudetenland + Memel + Eupen, Malmédy and Moresnet. Even more likely if the Soviet Union flexes its muscles and Britain and France get scared and want Germany as an ally.

It really depends on the circumstances, but probably yes.

Well, I assume Britain isn't going to go to war. I am unsure what France will do, and even more unsure what Russia will do. What circumstances would actually cause ether France or Russia to go to war? Also, do you think they could get away with taking all the lost territory back from Poland without it leading to full-out war with France or Russia?

Well, I assume Britain isn't going to go to war. I am unsure what France will do, and even more unsure what Russia will do. What circumstances would actually cause ether France or Russia to go to war? Also, do you think they could get away with taking all the lost territory back from Poland without it leading to full-out war with France or Russia?

Again, this all depends on the specifics of the situation in question.

I don't know about that. I think that without the Second World War and Hitler there could have been further peaceful revisions to Versailles. Had there been negotiations further down the line it could have resulted in Eupen and Malmédy being transferred for a settlement of money. I'm not saying it's likely, but I could see circumstances under which maximum peaceful Germany would be Germany + Austria + Sudetenland + Memel + Eupen, Malmédy and Moresnet. Even more likely if the Soviet Union flexes its muscles and Britain and France get scared and want Germany as an ally.

I agree with you that such is true if the French don't interfere in the talks between Germany and Belgium, but given that the French did, I feel that they were in part to blame for the discrediting of mainstream parties who believed that negotiation was the best means to redress the German borders.

So, let's say that either France or Russia, maybe both, declare war on Germany. Would Britain follow suite, as I don't see them going to war over this. I can't speak for Russia, but France will not launch an attack with what forces they have at hand. At worst it devolves into a stand off. So, could the Germans sue for peace and wind up with the Corridor and Danzig? Might this be an opportunity for Stalin?

So, let's say that either France or Russia, maybe both, declare war on Germany. Would Britain follow suite, as I don't see them going to war over this. I can't speak for Russia, but France will not launch an attack with what forces they have at hand. At worst it devolves into a stand off. So, could the Germans sue for peace and wind up with the Corridor and Danzig? Might this be an opportunity for Stalin?

Again, it all really depends on the precise circumstances involved. There are no guarantees without more details of the situation in Europe generally as well as the date.

Again, it all really depends on the precise circumstances involved. There are no guarantees without more details of the situation in Europe generally as well as the date.
I can't say the precise circumstances involved only that it would happen early 40s and there would have been no annexation of Austria or Czechoslovakia (who also might go to war if France does). It is too convoluted for me to describe with certainty.

I could see a peace being brokered with France, and I doubt the Poles will launch any successful counter-offensives. This in the unlikely event France comes to the aid of Poland as it would be a very quick operation. I honestly can't say what Stalin will do.

I think Germany gets away with it. I can't see how they wouldn't.