Sorry for bumping, but I had a random thought about one of the major non-video game parts of this TL:

What inspired Polly Klaas surviving and becoming a major figure in this TL as opposed to letting the OTL incident happen?

I am not from US and was born after that incident, so all I know about that incident was that it was highly publicised on American TV shows, and led to the US Three Strike Law…
It was a totally random set of butterflies:

First, the home invader that murdered Klaas IOTL tripped on (of all things) Klaas's Nintendo video game console, allowing her father to subdue and hold the burglar until police arrived. The "home invasion stopped by a video game system" headline made national news as a nice feel good story, and Klaas and her dad got their 15 Minutes Of Fame as they made the rounds on the various daytime talk shows recounting the story. In addition, upon hearing their console (inadvertently) stopped a major crime, Nintendo gave Klaas free video games for life.

Then, Klaas and her family moved to the suburbs of Denver, Colorado where Klaas attended (of all places) Columbine High School. IIRC Klaas befriended one of the OTL shooters and eventually ended up intervening in the school shooting, dramatically reducing the death toll (TTL's Columbine shooting was effectively a murder-suicide).

Shaken by having witnessed TTL's Columbine shooting (one of the victims was Klaas's best friend), and curious about why someone would do something like this while observing the various pundits (in TTL as in OTL) blame the shooting on excessive consumption of violent media (especially video games), Klaas goes into psychology, specifically how media affects mental health and other psychological issues. She has, as of TTL's 2021, become a renowned and well-respected researcher and analyst on these issues.

this is by far and away the greatest timeline I've ever read, I'm only started reading battle royale (after spending three months reading the last two) and it's honestly worthy of novelization, it's absolutely brilliant, out of curiosity was there ever a counterpart to the virtual boy in this tl?

this is by far and away the greatest timeline I've ever read, I'm only started reading battle royale (after spending three months reading the last two) and it's honestly worthy of novelization, it's absolutely brilliant, out of curiosity was there ever a counterpart to the virtual boy in this tl?
Thanks for the kudos and appraisal, a counterpart like a console failure? Would be Solaris, or an early VR device was too early? Nope there wasn't one, or just some prototype never goes past test phase for several companies

Thanks for the kudos and appraisal, a counterpart like a console failure? Would be Solaris, or an early VR device was too early? Nope there wasn't one, or just some prototype never goes past test phase for several companies
I do remember you and Ry had the virtual boy tech used in the super-scope 2 accessory.

Yep, the Super Scope 2 which came out in early 1997 had some of the virtual boy tech included, not all, but enough to sort of work like a Virtual Boy Lite, complete with full color.

Yep, the Super Scope 2 which came out in early 1997 had some of the virtual boy tech included, not all, but enough to sort of work like a Virtual Boy Lite, complete with full color.
I see, and I wasn't kidding when I said this is worthy of novelization, it's a bit long but it could work

I don't think the format lends itself too well to a novel, I'd have to re-write the timeline to be more prose-like. I've considered doing it (ever since someone mentioned the TL in the Sea Lion Press thread), but haven't ever gotten around to doing so. I'd consider doing it someday if I can think of a way to make it work.

I don't think the format lends itself too well to a novel, I'd have to re-write the timeline to be more prose-like. I've considered doing it (ever since someone mentioned the TL in the Sea Lion Press thread), but haven't ever gotten around to doing so. I'd consider doing it someday if I can think of a way to make it work.
you could probably hire a ghost writer to do it if you have the funds, anyways did consoles in ttl ever get revised versions like in otl?

you could probably hire a ghost writer to do it if you have the funds, anyways did consoles in ttl ever get revised versions like in otl?
There were posts on handhelds all getting one, Gameboy Nova, Supernova, and Nintendo Connect got slims, iPod Play got a 2.0 and 3.0 which were more like the New 3DS and Gemini got a Mini which was like the Switch Lite but closer to the size of a Vita.

There were posts on handhelds all getting one, Gameboy Nova, Supernova, and Nintendo Connect got slims, iPod Play got a 2.0 and 3.0 which were more like the New 3DS and Gemini got a Mini which was like the Switch Lite but closer to the size of a Vita.
breh I haven't read to that point, no spoilers

Those two didn't, sapphire did got an slim version. But eight generation did, reality, virtua did got an upgrade thanks to the improvement of resolution scaling
odd how in otl the playstation and ps2 both got revisions but not in ttl, also I'm literally only at 2014, plz no spoilers

odd how in otl the playstation and ps2 both got revisions but not in ttl, also I'm literally only at 2014, plz no spoilers
Technically the SNES CD got a standalone version without cartridge slot and more streamlined (based on a super play magazine mock up), so that count as a revision. About ultra and wave, their design were fine meaning not need for it

Technically the SNES CD got a standalone version without cartridge slot and more streamlined (based on a super play magazine mock up), so that count as a revision. About ultra and wave, their design were fine meaning not need for it
Can I have a image of the Super Play magazine mockup?