Ask me about my alternate world again!

I'm from an alternate world. My computer is somehow letting me communicate with you, and translating everything I say into your variety of English. Ask me about it.

loughery111

Banned
I'm from an alternate world. My computer is somehow letting me communicate with you, and translating everything I say into your variety of English. Ask me about it.

What language do you speak? For that matter, what are the five most widely spoken languages (not just first-language speakers, but inclusive), and how many people speak each of them?

Hell, what's your world's population? :p

I think that this should be here.

Anyway, where country you live? Have you still Roman empire or it has ever existed? What country owns Byzantine/Constantinopol?

Are these people famous for you:

Alexander the Great?
Julius Caesar?
Attila?
Charlemagne?
Genghis Khan?

What language do you speak? For that matter, what are the five most widely spoken languages (not just first-language speakers, but inclusive), and how many people speak each of them?

Hell, what's your world's population? :p

I speak English as my native language. Specifically, North American English. However, I, like others in my country, speak some French and Spanish.

Mandarin Chinese (500 million)
French (250 million)
English (200 million)
Spanish (160 million)
Portuguese (130 million)

World population: almost 4 billion.

I think that this should be here.

Anyway, where country you live? Have you still Roman empire or it has ever existed? What country owns Byzantine/Constantinopol?

Are these people famous for you:

Alexander the Great?
Julius Caesar?
Attila?
Charlemagne?
Genghis Khan?

I live in the People's Republic of California. The Roman Empire collapsed before our worlds split. Constantinople is part of Wallachia-Bulgaria. Those famous people lived before our worlds split.

loughery111

Banned
I live in the People's Republic of California. The Roman Empire collapsed before our worlds split. Constantinople is part of Wallachia-Bulgaria. Those famous people lived before our worlds split.

Your world is dramatically less populated than ours, and aside from Mandarin, the dominant languages list is rather different. I suspect the divergence occurred sometime in the early colonial period. Was Spain unified under the Crowns of Aragon and Castile in your world, and did it colonize most of South America and North America south of the Rio Grande River? (if you're looking at a political map of our world's North America, the Rio Grande is much of the border between the United States and Mexico)

And is your world's population comparatively low as a result of an early demographic transition, a different agricultural package, or a series of catastrophic wars or other disasters?

Grey Wolf

Donor
Which country owns the most battleships?

Who has bases on the Moon?

What company made the computer you are using?

Is Jason Wolfe a famous author there?

Do you have a pet dodo?

How many tasmanian tigers are in N American zoos?

Do you own a wok?

Best Regards
Grey Wolf

Do any of these sound familiar?
the plague of Justinian
the Black Death
syphilis (which only existed after the discovery of the New World in the 16th century)
the Spanish flu outbreak of 1918

If any of these are familiar, what was their mortality rate and what effects did they have on the economy?

Is latin still the language of the Church?

Is the Netherlands independent and is it a powerful country?
Has there been a Reformation?
Was France the major colonial power?
What are the least developed parts of the world?
Does the US exist or has it existed?
Have there been World Wars?
Is Russia a powerful country?

Your world is dramatically less populated than ours, and aside from Mandarin, the dominant languages list is rather different. I suspect the divergence occurred sometime in the early colonial period. Was Spain unified under the Crowns of Aragon and Castile in your world, and did it colonize most of South America and North America south of the Rio Grande River? (if you're looking at a political map of our world's North America, the Rio Grande is much of the border between the United States and Mexico)

And is your world's population comparatively low as a result of an early demographic transition, a different agricultural package, or a series of catastrophic wars or other disasters?

Yes, Spain was unified. It colonized the northern half of South America, and the southern half of North America.

Forgive me for being a little parochial, but who owns Edinburgh and the Orkney islands, and how are they doing?

They are owned by the Kingdom of Scotland. They are doing well, I believe. They don't end up in the news much.

Which country owns the most battleships?

Who has bases on the Moon?

What company made the computer you are using?

Is Jason Wolfe a famous author there?

Do you have a pet dodo?

How many tasmanian tigers are in N American zoos?

Do you own a wok?

Best Regards
Grey Wolf

Canada.
Canada and Germany.
Robertson-Johnson Computer Company made my computer. They are based in the United States of Virginia.
No, he isn't.
I don't have a pet dodo.
None.
No.

Is Germany united in your world?

It is most definitely united, and has been the dominant power in Europe since 1900.

Who controls the city of Rome?

Who are the Great Powers of your world?

Rome is its own country.

The Great Powers: Canada, Virginia, Germany, France, China, India, the Islamic Empire. This is debated.

Do any of these sound familiar?
the plague of Justinian
the Black Death
syphilis (which only existed after the discovery of the New World in the 16th century)
the Spanish flu outbreak of 1918

If any of these are familiar, what was their mortality rate and what effects did they have on the economy?

Is latin still the language of the Church?

Yes. Yes. No. No. The first two came before the POD, so you would know.

Yes, Latin is.

Is the Netherlands independent and is it a powerful country?
Has there been a Reformation?
Was France the major colonial power?
What are the least developed parts of the world?
Does the US exist or has it existed?
Have there been World Wars?
Is Russia a powerful country?

The Netherlands are independent, but not powerful.

Yes, but much later than in your TL.

It depends on how you define "the major colonial power." It owned about a third of North America.

Central Africa and Southeast Asia.

The "US" refers to the United States of Virginia, which became independent in 1742. It is basically the same country as your US, but with a different history and not extending quite as far west.

The First World War was in the 1930s, and the second was in the 1960s. A 1980s war is sometimes called "World War III" but this is hotly debated.

Russia is the largest country in Europe, but it's not that powerful.

How many nostrils do you have and why ?
Was Schwarzenegger US president at any time and if he was what did he do?
Status of genius people such as Mel Gibson and Charlie Sheen?

Grey Wolf

Donor
Where is the Caliphate located?

Who was the first person to fly across the Atlantic?

Who is leading he search for extra-terrestrial life?

What was the name of the first nuclear-powered warship?

When was the last great earthquake in your country?

Do women have the vote?

How many wives do people in the Rocky Mountains have?

Best Regards
Grey Wolf

How many nostrils do you have and why ?
Was Schwarzenegger US president at any time and if he was what did he do?
Status of genius people such as Mel Gibson and Charlie Sheen?

Two.
No.
Don't know.

What is the political/religious situation in the Middle East? Is it still a largely Muslim dominated region?

The Islamic Empire dominates the Arabian Peninsula. Other countries include Syria, Persia, Kurdistan, Azerbaijan, Oman, Palestine, and Egypt. There is a substantial Jewish population in Palestine, but overall, the region is Muslim.

Where is the Caliphate located?

Who was the first person to fly across the Atlantic?

Who is leading he search for extra-terrestrial life?

What was the name of the first nuclear-powered warship?

When was the last great earthquake in your country?

Do women have the vote?

How many wives do people in the Rocky Mountains have?

Best Regards
Grey Wolf

The Islamic Empire includes the Arabian Peninsula (except Oman) and Mesopotamia.

A Canadian named Henri Dupuis.

Canada.

The LWYZ.

All earthquakes are the same.

In most countries, yes.

One.

Is there AlternateHistory.com in your world?

No, although there are alternate history websites.

loughery111

Banned
The "US" refers to the United States of Virginia, which became independent in 1742. It is basically the same country as your US, but with a different history and not extending quite as far west.

The First World War was in the 1930s, and the second was in the 1960s. A 1980s war is sometimes called "World War III" but this is hotly debated.

Have nuclear weapons been used in combat? Hell, were nuclear weapons developed in your world?

What're the population and economic size of your United States and your Canada? Does Canada have a Pacific coastline?