Alternate weapons and equipment-1950s

It apears I was wrong and that article was about pre-WW2 tests. That I get for referencing article I reads years back when I wasn't as interested in tech as now.

.OK. Guess you didn't see May 2004 Smithsonian AIRSPACE. It roughly pancake sized . Just like a flapjack or pancake. It was reportedly too slow and not too manuverable.

Straha

Banned
ED(Mister) said:
.OK. Guess you didn't see May 2004 Smithsonian AIRSPACE. It roughly pancake sized . Just like a flapjack or pancake. It was reportedly too slow and not too manuverable.
sounds like the saucerjet the germans were rumored to have in WWII.... sounds interesting.

Anyone. DID the US have a version of the old V-1? I saw a picture of it in the Air&Space Museum guide book.

IF someone had put a skirt around the flapjack, The US would have invented the Hovercraft 5 years before Crocker and the British.

DuQuense said:
What about that ground effect flying wing thingy, of the Russians.

That one proved to work. US is using same aproach to design Pelican ultra-large transport plane.

Not the Snark, that was another project(and a failure at that). The V-1 copy was called the Loon, IIRC, and it was only built for evaluation purposes.

Guilherme Loureiro said:
Not the Snark, that was another project(and a failure at that). The V-1 copy was called the Loon, IIRC, and it was only built for evaluation purposes.

I though it was teh Snark, but anyway. Nonetheless it was developed from the V-1 although it had a jet engine according to the FAS website.